PDA

View Full Version : Graham lies on national TV to cover Pelosi

tangent4ronpaul
05-18-2009, 10:57 AM
Washington Journal, this morning. Graham was on to talk about the torture memo's and if the CIA briefed Pelosi. Well, the guy suddenly remembers that the CIA hadn't briefed him about water boarding either. Seems because of the stir up w/ Pelosi, he called CIA and asked on what dates he'd been briefed, then looked up those dates in his spiral notebook that he keeps in his pocket and didn't find 3 of them, so called CIA back and told them they were wrong.

If you recall from the news of Pelosi, the CIA not only kept the dates, but they kept minutes / notes from the briefing... so, CIA has lousy record keeping, uh, hu...

Then he goes on to say that he would have remembered such a briefing as it would have been so sensitive (that we were waterbording) that aids would have been excluded from it and it would have occurred in special facilities in the white house...

Hmmm... didn't Pelosi say she hadn't been briefed but rather an aid of hers had on this topic who told her later? hmmmm

Then he goes on to say that waterboarding had only happened 3 times, all before 2003 ... riiiiggghhhtt!

and the timing - don't ya just love the timing... :rolleyes:

-t

angelatc
05-18-2009, 11:01 AM
Lindsey or Bob? Bob Graham is totally freaky about writing everything down in his notebooks.

MRoCkEd
05-18-2009, 11:09 AM
Lindsey or Bob? Bob Graham is totally freaky about writing everything down in his notebooks.
Bob

angelatc
05-18-2009, 11:13 AM
I wouldn't be quick to dismiss his claim, then.

"The man is a walking diary of documentation of his every action in life." - I plagiarized that.

His name was bandied about as Presidential material, but TPTB thought his obsessive notebooking habit would not play well on TV. He writes down everything - what time he got up, what shoes he wore, what he had for breakfast....everything.

tangent4ronpaul
05-18-2009, 11:56 AM
I find it hard to believe the CIA could have gotten it THAT wrong. That, timing, discrepancies - too sensitive for aid / aid briefed, and total number of times waterboarding was used all say he's lying.

Also, the republicans are demanding that Pelosi come up with proof she was lied to or apologize to the CIA. there's a recent poll on who the public believes - it's pretty split on party lines, but some other things toward the bottom are encouraging - she's only got a 33% approval rating and the majority of people don't like the direction her agenda is going...

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/current_events/general_current_events/43_say_cia_may_have_misled_pelosi_41_disagree

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/05/18/pelosi.torture/

-t

angelatc
05-18-2009, 12:17 PM
I find it hard to believe the CIA could have gotten it THAT wrong. That, timing, discrepancies - too sensitive for aid / aid briefed, and total number of times waterboarding was used all say he's lying.

-t

Or else they are lying. Apparently somebody is lying, and the fact that the internets all knew that waterboarding was being used makes me suspect that it's Pelosi, but I will say that Graham's notebooks could count as a verifiable source in my book FWIW.

It's not the same as a regular Joe's dayrunner - Graham has an obsession, and I am not using that word lightly.