PDA

View Full Version : Will Rand have more influence than Ron?

eduardo89
05-17-2009, 11:13 PM
Say that Rand Paul wins a Senate seat, would you think that being a Senator would make him much more influential and more of an asset to our movement than Ron being one of 400-odd House of Representative members? Wouldn't it help our movement if Ron ran for one of Texas' Senate seats?

Aakron
05-17-2009, 11:21 PM
It would help Rand Paul influence the media and influence individuals, because they know being a senator is a bigger deal than being a representative. Just having the title means people will listen more closely.

dr. hfn
05-17-2009, 11:44 PM
We need many of OUR candidates to win! Not just Rand.

Matt Collins
05-18-2009, 09:35 AM
Well, we'll finally have someone who is a limited-government individual in the Senate. Right now there are none.

Join The Paul Side
05-18-2009, 01:13 PM
Ron and Rand both in the Senate is a wicked idea. If Ron could run for the Senate without jeopordizing his House seat I'd hope he goes for it. :D

Original_Intent
05-18-2009, 01:44 PM
A voice in the Senate definitely weilds more influence than a House seat.

As far as life long influence - he has a long way to go to fill dad's shoes. He will definitely be benefitting from the groundwork his father has spent thirty years establishing. He may see more actual results than Ron has, but something has to be said for being a seed planter. And Ron still may have a long career ahead of him.

max
05-18-2009, 02:03 PM
Ron and Rand both in the Senate is a wicked idea. If Ron could run for the Senate without jeopordizing his House seat I'd hope he goes for it. :D

Throw in Peter Schiff (CT) and we have a nice libertarian caucus going

RonPaulwillWin
05-19-2009, 12:59 AM
Don't think so because we won't have those epic debates.

Pepsi
05-19-2009, 01:17 AM
I wonder what a debate would be like between Ron Paul and his son.

Dreamofunity
05-19-2009, 05:06 AM

That would be awesome!

speciallyblend
05-19-2009, 05:32 AM
actually no, it is not rand that is the influence or Ron Paul. it is us thaT HAS INFLUENCE. OOPS CAPS When we get involved!!

rand or adam kokesh mean nothing without us;) it is not just one man. It is all of us taking action that makes rand or adam kokesh more powerful!!

satchelmcqueen
05-19-2009, 09:10 AM

ron- "i think we need smaller government and less spending."

rand- "i also think we need those things, but also we need to get rid of the irs."

ron - "as well as i do"

rand - "it seems after 2 hours, we both would do the same things, so just one more question for my opponent......WHY DAD DID YOU NOT LET ME GET A NINTENDO WHEN I WAS YOUNGER?!?" I HATE YOU!"

ron - "wtf?":confused: