PDA

View Full Version : Is Ron Trying to Win?

Johnnybags
09-20-2007, 05:19 PM
Is Ron Paul Really Trying to Win?

Washington D.C. 9/20/2007 10:51 PM GMT (FINDITT - Top Story)

According to USAElectionPolls.com and the ABC News/Washington Post Poll without Fred Thompson included, Ron Paul only came in with 2%. The polls results are similar across the various polling organizations, giving a slight chance that Ron Paul will pull anything but a loss in the nomination race. However, Ron Paul is not giving up yet. He has shown time and time again that is a fighter and that he is willing to fight for that top position.

One of the biggest problems some critics state Ron Paul has had is speaking his mind without thinking first. At 71 years old, some think his age may have something to do with that problem. Of course, others think his outspoken behavior has helped him gain support, especially with his secretive political blogging behaviors. They feel he is really coming into the light with those who utilize the web for information.

Ron Paul claims that he not only wants to win the nomination for President but he also wants to motivate the country to take the election process more seriously and to get them into the voting booths. He wants to be sure ethics are used in politics, in terms of spending, as well. He has bashed Republican spending and stated he’d never used government money to fund a trip he had taken. So, if it is true Ron Paul doesn’t really care about winning the nomination and wants to focus on getting people involved, then why on Earth is he fighting so hard to win?

What commonly is not reported by the media is the fact that Ron Paul has won three straw polls in the state of New Hampshire alone and has polled as high as 5% in scientific polls in that state.

Check out the poll results for the Republicans in the race; Rudy Giuliani, Fred Thompson, John McCain, Mitt Romney, Mike Huckabee, Tom Tancredo, Sam Brownback, Duncan Hunter, and Ron Paul.

LibertyEagle
09-20-2007, 05:20 PM
"with his secretive political blogging behaviors"???? What does that mean?

Do you have a link for that story please?

theseus51
09-20-2007, 05:23 PM
That's such a stupid article. The logic is that you cannot be trying to both A) win the nomination and B) get more people involved. Like somehow those are conflicting goals, and you have to choose between the two.

How would that work actually? It's easier to win a nomination with less people involved? Or if you run a more passive campaign, not trying hard, giving yourself no hope of winning, . . . more people are going to take interest and get involved?

devil21
09-20-2007, 05:25 PM
Thats a funny article since on their own website shows polls of 3% for RP and a whopping 54% in another poll on their site. Looks like they pick and choose which of their polls to rely on.

paulaholic
09-20-2007, 05:33 PM
What are they saying about his age? That's he's senile and can't think straight? That's definitely the exact opposite of the truth.

MGreen
09-20-2007, 05:33 PM
They go with the poll that has the lowest support for Paul. Naturally.

quickmike
09-20-2007, 05:46 PM
They are scared.

If they werent, they would be saying the same thing about Tancredo and all the rest of them that are below 10 % in the Gallup polls.

Its so hard to believe that they show how scared they are and do not even catch themselves. I guess they think it doesnt look obvious.:D........dipshits

Zydeco
09-20-2007, 05:50 PM
Stupid article. He's at 4% in Gallup. Clinton polled at 1% and didn't even enter the race until Oct. 3, 1991.

Sakimoto
09-20-2007, 05:50 PM
Is he trying to win? :confused: What kind of silly question is that. Perhaps he's running all over the country at the age of 72 because that's his idea of retirement.

Johnnybags
09-20-2007, 05:56 PM
than you guys, yes it was worded funny but I think they are saying that when once the idea may have seemed impossible that now he actually thinks he can, I think they are highlighting the NH success with straw polls and growing strength in NH with at least 5 percent now as a positive? I could be wrong but 5 percent + the margin of error in Rons case basically get him in the hunt. I surmise the margin of error is in Rons favor and against the others for obvious reasons. Anyway I took the article as he is charging ahead.

devil21
09-20-2007, 06:09 PM
than you guys, yes it was worded funny but I think they are saying that when once the idea may have seemed impossible that now he actually thinks he can, I think they are highlighting the NH success with straw polls and growing strength in NH with at least 5 percent now as a positive? I could be wrong but 5 percent + the margin of error in Rons case basically get him in the hunt. I surmise the margin of error is in Rons favor and against the others for obvious reasons. Anyway I took the article as he is charging ahead.

Good point. I can see where you are coming from after rereading it without a pre-emptive "here we go with the RP bashing" mindset lol. They still could have mentioned his higher polling numbers though.

Eli
09-20-2007, 06:37 PM
i think they were trying to say that ron paul is gaining traction but their efforts to marginalize it overwhelmed the article to a degree of not making sense.

lynnf
09-20-2007, 06:41 PM
"with his secretive political blogging behaviors"???? What does that mean?

Do you have a link for that story please?

link:

http://news.finditt.com/NewsStory.aspx?id=23370&cat=0

lynn

Thurston Howell III
09-20-2007, 07:02 PM
Speaking your mind means you must be senile? I have to admit, the older I get the easier "I don't give a f*ck" rolls off of my lips. But, senile? I don't think so.

Actually I trust Ron Paul because he speaks his mind. He speaks it consistantly, honestly and promotes the "message" rather than himself. I see him as a true man of the people, for the people. Against all odds, he is steadfast in the message.

The others don't get the message. They don't even get the concept. They've never had a cause in their life other than their own selfish advancement, and at any expense. They are pawns of the elite, used like the fools they are.

Watch for Ron Paul to continue rising to the occasion. He is steadfast, true to his principals and is not afraid to declare what is wrong with this country.

You know when you've entered the "No Pandering Zone"

constituent
09-20-2007, 07:05 PM
i didn't think rep. paul made any secret about his political "blogging"

he's been doing his straight talk column... as always.

occassionally you will spot an article written by him here or there,
but he doesn't make any secret of it.