PDA

View Full Version : South Carolina GOP convention news....or...MEET A-hole LINDSEY GRAHAM

wgadget
05-17-2009, 11:35 AM
Lindsey Graham gets combative over GOP future
Posted: 10:50 AM ET

From CNN Political Producer Peter Hamby

(CNN) – A combative Lindsey Graham got into a sharp back-and-forth with some audience members at the South Carolina GOP convention on Saturday as he made the case for an open-tent Republican party.

According to The State newspaper and video posted on YouTube, the South Carolina senator told the convention he wants to build a party that can compete in Pennsylvania and Connecticut as well as in his home state.

“You’re a hypocrite!,” one man in the audience yelled.

“I’m a winner, pal,” Graham retorted. Moments later, after saying he wants to the party to reach out to independent voters, he said: “Winning matters to me. If it doesn’t matter to you, there’s the exit sign.”

The crowd in Columbia also featured some Ron Paul supporters who offered several libertarian resolutions during the convention that were rejected by the state party.

During his speech, Graham told the audience, "Ron Paul is not the leader of this party." That remark drew a few jeers, with several people yelling, "Yes he is!"

“I’m not going to give this party over to people who can’t win,” Graham responded.

angelatc
05-17-2009, 11:36 AM
Dupe: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=192804

ronpaulhawaii
05-17-2009, 12:12 PM
Locking, please use linked thread above...