PDA

View Full Version : Vanden Huevel on This Week says Ron Paul not the right messenger

lynnf
05-17-2009, 10:29 AM
I saw This Week on ABC (George Stephanopoulos) and Katrina vanden Heuvel of The Nation said "libertarianism" was rising in the Republican party but that Ron Paul is not the right messenger for it.

maybe a transcript or utube will be available later

think she and Lindsey Graham have been conferring?

lynn

Lord Xar
05-17-2009, 11:14 AM
It seems to be that the attacks only fueled Ron's popularity and gave rise to legitimacy.

What I see now happening is a concerted effort to not attack him, but spin him in a way that marginalizes him. "He is not a winner", "He is not the voice.." .. you'll be seeing alot more of this. Plus, it creates the atmospher that Ron is 'less' than perception, they are trying to shut down his 1207 bill.

MRoCkEd
05-17-2009, 11:17 AM
Katrina Vanden Heuvel... She was courageous to speak out against the Iraq war, but she's clueless on economics.
She has a book on the economy with the same title as Woods' (Meltdown) and it's a complete joke. (http://www.amazon.com/Meltdown-Corruption-Shattered-Financial-Recover/dp/1568584334/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1242582837&sr=8-3)

angelatc
05-17-2009, 11:17 AM
It seems to be that the attacks only fueled Ron's popularity and gave rise to legitimacy.

What I see now happening is a concerted effort to not attack him, but spin him in a way that marginalizes him. "He is not a winner", "He is not the voice.." .. you'll be seeing alot more of this. Plus, it creates the atmospher that Ron is 'less' than perception, they are trying to shut down his 1207 bill.

Marginalizing him worked in the primaries, that's for sure.

But according to Ron Paul, Ron Paul is not important. He is far more concerned with the message than he is the man.

iddo
05-17-2009, 11:19 AM
google concern troll:)

lynnf
05-17-2009, 11:49 AM
no wonder!

from The Nation's description of vanden Heuvel:

Vanden Heuvel is a member of The Council on Foreign Relations, and she also serves on the board of The Institute for Women's Policy Research, The Institute for Policy Studies, The World Policy Institute, The Correctional Association of New York and The Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt Institute.

lynn

Dark_Horse_Rider
05-17-2009, 11:53 AM
Did any see Stephanopoulis interview Karzai recently ?

lynnf
05-17-2009, 12:16 PM
google concern troll:)

so, to you, anyone that has a concern and expresses it, is a concern troll?
I suggest that you reread the definition, because you missed something the last time you read it, or did you just not bother reading it at all?

lynn

iddo
05-17-2009, 02:12 PM
i meant that Katrina vanden Heuvel is a concern troll, which fits the definition exactly, given the stance of The Nation (recent example (http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/026816.html))

Anti Federalist
05-17-2009, 02:21 PM
no wonder!

from The Nation's description of vanden Heuvel:

Vanden Heuvel is a member of The Council on Foreign Relations, and she also serves on the board of The Institute for Women's Policy Research, The Institute for Policy Studies, The World Policy Institute, The Correctional Association of New York and The Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt Institute.

lynn

This was a surprise? ;)

lynnf
05-17-2009, 07:59 PM
a link to the video of the roundtable -- I think vanden Heuvel's remarks are about 10 minutes in

http://blogs.abcnews.com/george/2009/05/roundtable-cia.html

lynn

tonesforjonesbones
05-17-2009, 08:17 PM
yep..I believe they've been told to turn up the heat on Ron Paul because 1207 is gaining ground fast. tones

fj45lvr
05-17-2009, 11:54 PM
I saw This Week on ABC (George Stephanopoulos) and Katrina vanden Heuvel of The Nation said "libertarianism" was rising in the Republican party but that Ron Paul is not the right messenger for it.

lynn

hahaha

the "right messenger" is the guy that is a PHONY FRAUD and SELLOUT to the real "masters".....

of course Paul isn't the right messenger then!!!!

pacelli
05-18-2009, 12:01 AM

lynn

The gatekeepers and repeaters are structuring the republican vote for 2010-2012. I don't believe it is a coincidence that we're seeing the same exact talking point. Simple, direct, to the point. Let's get hung up on how many other people start saying it, instead of focusing on the people writing the script and how to take the pen out of their hand.

westmich4paul
05-18-2009, 07:19 AM
First they ignore you, then they mock you, then they fight you, then you win. Sound to me like we are in between mock and fight. Not too bad considering we have a good 3 years of campaigning if Ron decides for one last shot.

acptulsa
05-18-2009, 07:28 AM
First they ignore you, then they mock you, then they fight you, then you win. Sound to me like we are in between mock and fight. Not too bad considering we have a good 3 years of campaigning if Ron decides for one last shot.

We're in between those in a step that Ghandi didn't mention--then they try to usurp your movement. We've obviously done well, because every Republican except Graham and McCain are libertarians now--and they're both trying real hard to fool us as well. The only difference--and the reason they feel the need to softly trash Ron Paul--is they're libertarians like Obama is an anti-war liberal. That is, they'll sound like one but once the primary is over they won't act like one.

sratiug
05-18-2009, 07:42 AM
That bitch is scared shitless of Dr. Know.

max
05-18-2009, 08:21 AM
Its very kind of this bitch to pick our "leaders" for us. Apparently we fucked up in supporting Ron Paul...so she has someone better in mind.

Can't wait to see who she anoints as the "libertarian leader" for us to follow....My guess is Bildeberger Marc Sanford.

BuddyRey
05-18-2009, 09:30 AM
This is absolutely no surprise to me. When I was a liberal, I was a loyal subscriber to The Nation for about a year, until I chanced upon a website (it seems this site has since been shut down) with charts demonstrating how this magazine is funded largely by tax-free foundations with globalist agendas to push. Another major tip-off was all the time spent by columnists like Alexander Cockburn to marginalize and ridicule the 9/11 Skeptics Movement. These guys are a textbook example of left-gatekeeping.