PDA

View Full Version : Turn the country into a civil rights graveyard this pauloween

tangent4ronpaul
09-20-2007, 04:07 PM
Turn the country into a civil rights graveyard this Pauloween!

The concept here is to use the Halloween holiday to remind people of the rights we have lost and the direction the country is going – then point them in the direction to fix this: Putting Ron Paul in the oval office.

The yard sign of the month is a homemade, cardboard tombstone listing born-died dates for articles of the Constitution/BoR and other lost freedoms along with epitaphs of what un-constitutional legislation killed each. Ie: Patriot Act, Military commission act, executive orders, etc. and a note like: to resurrect Google Ron Paul or just RonPaul2008.com.

Place these in your yard, or use a loop of duct tape to adhere them to the sides of buildings, etc.

2 variations – the first is just a sheet of cardboard, spray painted gray with white letters. You can get day-glow/luminescent paint that will show up better from craft stores or via the net. Use scrap cardboard and either wood or coat hangers and duct tape to make folded areas flat and to make them stand up. Cardboard can be gotten from grocery/department stores, etc. Go in and ask them for boxes and to save boxes for you. If you go into a 24 hour grocery store in the early hours of the morning you will beat the compressor – they do compress them to save space, but most places will save them for you if you ask.

The second variation takes a little more work, and is slightly more expensive – but still cheap. Get a bunch of beer or can flats and put them together forming a closed box. Cut out your letters with an exacto knife and then take orange tissue paper (craft store) and glue it over the letters you cut out. Use a glue stick to insert (glue) things like the inside of an “e” to the paper. Cover the tissue with vinyl or plastic sheet to protect it. Now connect a few LED's to a 9v battery to provide back lighting. Optional – line the back with aluminum foil for better light distribution. When you are done, it should look like a jack-o-lantern – kinda... eerie glowing letters that fit into the holiday and will be paid attention to.

Either type can be temporarily waterproofed by spraying with armor-all (for cars).

Make at least half a dozen and populate your yard....

OK – now I need your help! Please speak up and help compile a list of: born-died dates for civil rights and what killed them. Other ideas for the dead are welcome – like Liberty Ann Freedom, etc.

For the slim jim/DVD part or RonPauloween please visit:

http://ronpauloween.com/

Nathan

smtwngrl
09-20-2007, 05:48 PM
This is an amazing idea! :D I never decorate for Halloween--other than a simple jack o'lantern--but I want to do it! ;)

jonahtrainer
09-20-2007, 07:04 PM
This is an amazing idea! :D I never decorate for Halloween--other than a simple jack o'lantern--but I want to do it! ;)

Great idea. Also, you can give out liberty cards, Ron Paul DVDs (http://www.ronpauldvd.com), FlexYourRights.org, or copies of BUSTED.

ladyliberty
09-20-2007, 07:33 PM
http://www.fabulousfoods.com/holidays/halloween/tombstones.html

EXCELLENT IDEA - What about a Pauloween Fundraising Party????

Here is a page that shows you how to make realistic tombstones from sheets of styrofoam and spraypaint - you can go dumpster diving for the sheets of styrofoam that is used as packing material in office supply shops and other similar stores.

Don't forget a few other gags like putting a Wicked Witch Hillary on her broom some where!!! How about a real Ghoul named Ghouliani?

here's a video of a serious faux tombstone!
http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/pac_ctnt_988/text/0,,HGTV_22056_63753,00.html?c=2163&videoid=75947

NPursuit357
09-20-2007, 07:52 PM
Nice idea! I already plan on passing out slim jims and DVDs, but I may do some of this as well.

ladyliberty
09-20-2007, 07:53 PM
Habeas Corpus, R.I.P. (1215 - October 16, 2006)

Killed by Pat R. Iotact

ladyliberty
09-20-2007, 08:02 PM
Bill O'Rights

b. 1787 - d. 2004

tangent4ronpaul
09-21-2007, 04:58 PM
Here is the aggregate response so far. We still need contributions of rights lost, born-died dates and what “law” or “regulation” killed them. A few people have come up with some great ones!

Facebook:

"Right for terminally ill patients to take experimental medicine"
"1796- August 2007"

MySpace:

Creative! I love this idea. How about a gravestone that says "USA 1776 - ?" and dig an open grave in front of it. Maybe put an Uncle Sam straw-man with one leg in the grave and a Ron Paul straw man pulling on Uncle Sam's arm to save him... ? That might be a lot of work...

RonPaulForums:

http://www.fabulousfoods.com/holidays/halloween/tombstones.html

EXCELLENT IDEA - What about a Pauloween Fundraising Party????

Here is a page that shows you how to make realistic tombstones from sheets of styrofoam and spraypaint - you can go dumpster diving for the sheets of styrofoam that is used as packing material in office supply shops and other similar stores.

Don't forget a few other gags like putting a Wicked Witch Hillary on her broom some where!!! How about a real Ghoul named Ghouliani?

here's a video of a serious faux tombstone!

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/pac_ctnt_988/text/0,,HGTV_22056_63753,00.html?c=2163&videoid=75947

Habeas Corpus, R.I.P. (1215 - October 16, 2006)

Killed by Pat R. Iotact

Bill O'Rights

b. 1787 - d. 2004

MeetUp 848 – Paint the Town Ron:

HI everyone.

This (forwarded message) could be interesting. Add downtown street performances by people in costume as Washington, Jefferson, etc, to complete the event. Maybe a travelling (Christmas-caroler-style) trick-or-treat by those in costume to local TV news, newspaper, talk-radio, news radio, NPR and other local media. "Treat" would be coverage or an interview. "Trick", well what could we do?

How about we stage a RON PAUL MISCHIEF NIGHT. Sort of like Paint the Town Ron. Maybe just another Paint the Town RON. Maybe we create graveyard installations in downtown parks with each headstone being a right that's in jeopardy.

It would look kinda kooky, I guess. But it would also raise questions, raise awareness, strengthen name recognition, generate media attention and show unified support in a way that no other candidate, present or previous, could ever compete with.

So what do you think?

Pete

I also had an idea.....

Tee Shirts that say "Who is Ron Paul?" He is the Next PResident of the United States...and have a face mask of Ron Paul to wear with your shirt.

That's going to be my Halloween costume!

The fife and drum music would be nice marching around Halloween Night to compliment the garb.. Record the music, boombox it and fake the instruments (like todays pop stars!)..
That would be cool and would be a show stopper...

http://www.emusic.com/album/US-Army-Old-Guard-Fife-And-Drum-Corps-Spirit-Of-America-MP3-Download/10586185.html

Will
ronpaul761

National Organizers Group:

Don't forget your V, Uncle Sam, and Lady Liberty costumes. Even go Minute Man. There is a lot that can be done here. Actually do a RonPauloween party!

You can contact nationally right? If so PLEASE spread this.This is an awesome Idea. If people can't afford the dvd approach they can at least do slim jims. But it takes time to prepare either way. Please spread the word NOW. My sis will not be handing out candy but instead trick or treating with her daughter. She decided to hand slim jims or maybe even dvd's while her daughter collects candy. So in can work both ways.

http://ronpauloween.com/
Lorinda, Montrose meetup organizer

Try this for ideas

Illegal taxes paid for by illegal paper 'money', yet another infringement on our rights by the gov't. Add it to the ever-growing list of violations:
They violate the 1st Amendment by opening mail, caging demonstrators and banning books like "America Deceived" from Amazon.
They violate the 2nd Amendment by confiscating guns during Katrina.
They violate the 4th Amendment by conducting warrant-less wiretaps.
They violate the 5th and 6th Amendment by suspending habeas corpus.
They violate the 8th Amendment by torturing.
They violate the entire Constitution by starting 2 illegal wars based on lies and on behalf of a foriegn gov't.

Again, we still need contributions of rights lost, born-died dates and what “law” or “regulation” killed them.

Thanks,

Nathan

tangent4ronpaul
09-21-2007, 05:49 PM
RonPaulGraphics:

This is a great idea! You can also turn it around and have grave
sites for the IRS, Homeland Security, The War In Iraq, etc. Listing
"date established" - 2008 and "Thanks to President Paul" or something
to that effect.

Thanks for the instructions for the lighted sign - I was hoping to try
making one that simply says "Ron Paul 2008" as part of my display and
wasn't sure how to go about it.
-Hana

Again, we still need contributions of rights lost, born-died dates and what “law” or “regulation” killed them.

Thanks,

Nathan

tangent4ronpaul
09-22-2007, 04:09 PM
We still need contributions of rights lost, born-died dates and what “law” or “regulation” killed them.

anyone?

thanks,

-n

princessredtights
09-30-2007, 03:28 PM
Okay -

I found this today - I hope it helps!

http://www.bordc.org/resources/sources.php

(the chart doesn't "paste" well into this message - please review the link :) )