PDA

View Full Version : Video - 80 year old priest arrested at Notre Dame

gls
05-16-2009, 01:23 PM
YouTube - Pass The Salt - Priest Arrested at Notre Dame (Full Version) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiz4tfjSuPc)

RickyJ
05-16-2009, 01:45 PM
Makes you sick doesn't it?

You will never see a Rabbi arrested like that. Nope, not in America.

axiomata
05-16-2009, 01:58 PM

What does that have to do with anything besides being anti-Semitic?

MRoCkEd
05-16-2009, 01:59 PM

It had nothing to do with him being a priest...

RickyJ
05-16-2009, 02:00 PM
What does that have to do with anything besides being anti-Semitic?

Congratulations. I knew you wouldn't disappoint me.

No1ButPaul08
05-16-2009, 02:19 PM

You realize this priest is getting arrested at a Private Catholic University, right?

He was probably arrested for trespassing, the same thing my friend would get arrested if he went back to ND's campus (he got caught underage drinking there).

Edit: I didn't watch the video, and don't condone any police brutality if that happened. This is simply a response to the false blatant anti-semitism from Ricky. It obviously had nothing to do with his religion, as he's a Catholic priest getting arrested on a Catholic campus.

TurtleBurger
05-16-2009, 02:27 PM
I'm sure the police officers will love telling this story to their grandchildren someday!

No1ButPaul08
05-16-2009, 02:41 PM
I'm sure the police officers will love telling this story to their grandchildren someday!

They should! They upheld the private property rights of the University. The man was trespassing, he wouldn't leave. What the hell are they supposed to do?

If anything, be mad at the University for inviting pro-choice Obama to give the commencement at a Catholic University and it's policy towards protesters (not to mention it's policy towards tailgating:mad:).

Kludge
05-16-2009, 02:47 PM
What a peculiar video wherein the only people I sympathize with is the police.

RickyJ
05-16-2009, 02:55 PM
This is simply a response to the false blatant anti-semitism from Ricky.

You no not what you speak of. But hey, don't let that stop you from making a fool of yourself.

RickyJ
05-16-2009, 02:56 PM

I knew there was a reason I didn't like you.

Meatwasp
05-16-2009, 03:01 PM
I couldn't,t understand why he was being arrested. The tape was garbled. Was He protesting against Abortions??? What has that to do about Anti Semitic?

No1ButPaul08
05-16-2009, 03:06 PM
You no not what you speak of. But hey, don't let that stop you from making a fool of yourself.

Haha what BS. If it wasn't ant-semitism then what was it? If a rabbi went to Notre Dame and did the same thing he would have been arrested, probably quicker.

No1ButPaul08
05-16-2009, 03:07 PM
I couldn't,t understand why he was being arrested. The tape was garbled. Was He protesting against Abortions??? What has that to do about Anti Semitic?

He was probably arrested for trespassing. It was not public property.

Kludge
05-16-2009, 03:12 PM
I knew there was a reason I didn't like you.

I thought it was because I'm vile globalist scum.

max
05-16-2009, 03:12 PM
sickening...this godless country deserves everything it will soon get.......

what the hell is Notre Dame doing inviting a communist atheist radical pro abortion abomination like Obama to give a commencement? It's like an all-black college inviting the head of the KKK to speak!

TurtleBurger
05-16-2009, 03:14 PM
He was probably arrested for trespassing. It was not public property.

Notre Dame is a Catholic university. The priest was not trespassing.

RickyJ
05-16-2009, 03:21 PM
Haha what BS. If it wasn't ant-semitism then what was it? If a rabbi went to Notre Dame and did the same thing he would have been arrested, probably quicker.

That's just the point you can't seem to grasp. No Rabbi was there protesting abortion. Why? Do they not care? Don't tell me they didn't know Obama was coming for an honorary law degree from a supposedly pro-life school. They chose to not protest while the priest and many others did. You either stand up for what you believe in or you don't. If you don't then it couldn't mean much to you.

Also Semite does not equal Judaism. But that is besides the point.

RickyJ
05-16-2009, 03:23 PM
I thought it was because I'm vile globalist scum.

Oh, that too.

Well I voted for Chuck Baldwin. I love his comment, "You are either and globalist, or you are an American."

I am an American.

Not too sure what you are. Probably a traitor.

No1ButPaul08
05-16-2009, 03:26 PM
Notre Dame is a Catholic university. The priest was not trespassing.

So? That doesn't mean he can't be arrested for trespassing.

He was apart of the same group as Alan Keyes that were told they were going to be arrested if they came on campus. What else could they arrest him for?

-The Rev. Norman Weslin, 78, of Council Bluff, Iowa, was charged with trespassing and resisting arrest. He is a Catholic priest and founder of the Lambs of Christ, an anti-abortion organization.

Weslin is a priest of the Society of the Oblates of Wisdom, a clerical association based in La Crosse, Wis. He has been arrested many times across the country during abortion protests

http://www.southbendtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090516/News01/905160320/1011/News

Meatwasp
05-16-2009, 03:33 PM
sickening...this godless country deserves everything it will soon get.......

what the hell is Notre Dame doing inviting a communist atheist radical pro abortion abomination like Obama to give a commencement? It's like an all-black college inviting the head of the KKK to speak!

my sentiments exactly

No1ButPaul08
05-16-2009, 03:42 PM
That's just the point you can't seem to grasp. No Rabbi was there protesting abortion.

Well that's the point you never really made. I (and I think most others) took it to mean a rabbi wouldn't get arrested in the same situation. Anyway, it was still a ridiculous point to make, but I'll leave it at that.

arKangel
05-16-2009, 06:47 PM
Father Weslin at 80+ years old is more courageous than probably any who post on this forum. He has had his arms broken before for standing up for innocent human beings. And has absolutely proven that he is a man among men yet agian.

Myself included.

If you want the real scoop on who actually controls the "elitist university" masquerading as a "catholic institution" this is a MUST READ article...
http://www.pewsitter.com/view_news_id_18408.php

...Many of the influential alumni on the Notre Dame board are from the nearby Chicago area, and are part of the same Chicago power structure that President Obama ascended. Richard and Peggy Notebaert are leading members of the ND community, and Notebaert is chair of the Notre Dame trustees. While Obama served in the senate, the Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum, received federal funding earmarked by Obama.. Key Obama campaign fundraiser, Frank Clark served on the board of the Notebaert Museum at the time. The Chicago Museum of Science and Industry, where ND trustee Arthur Velasquez is on the board, also received millions in earmarks. Velasquez contributed to Obama’s campaigns in 04 and 08...
/\ tip of the iceburg, read the article!!!

Faux news is blatantly lying when they suggest that the alumini is anti-usurper...
while the students are pro-usurper. Quite the opposite is the truth.
Students are being forced to accept by a purely, well there is no other word for it, satanic!, alumni.

READ THE ARTICLE BEFORE YOU COMMENT TROLLS!

That said,
God Bless Fr. Weslin, he is truly a modern day SAINT!!!

{SIDE NOTE: To the anti-Jewish troll, many rabbi's have made their presence known in the pro-life movement, to suggest otherwise is only serving the communist/fascist agenda of dividing and conquering peoples of faith/morals/principle}

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-16-2009, 08:02 PM
the guy can barely walk and they bind his hands? what is this nazi germany? oh wait

TurtleBurger
05-16-2009, 08:12 PM
...Many of the influential alumni on the Notre Dame board are from the nearby Chicago area, and are part of the same Chicago power structure that President Obama ascended. Richard and Peggy Notebaert are leading members of the ND community, and Notebaert is chair of the Notre Dame trustees. While Obama served in the senate, the Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum, received federal funding earmarked by Obama.. Key Obama campaign fundraiser, Frank Clark served on the board of the Notebaert Museum at the time. The Chicago Museum of Science and Industry, where ND trustee Arthur Velasquez is on the board, also received millions in earmarks. Velasquez contributed to Obama’s campaigns in 04 and 08...

Figures. Notre Dame is only hurting themselves by doing this. There are good alternatives for people that want a good Catholic education for their kids, and Notre Dame will get crossed off of a lot of lists.

qh4dotcom
05-16-2009, 09:57 PM
Figures. Notre Dame is only hurting themselves by doing this. There are good alternatives for people that want a good Catholic education for their kids, and Notre Dame will get crossed off of a lot of lists.

I hope so but unfortunately Obama still has high approval ratings...and the recession doesn't seem to be affecting colleges very much.

Uriel999
05-16-2009, 10:13 PM
Oh, that too.

Well I voted for Chuck Baldwin. I love his comment, "You are either and globalist, or you are an American."

I am an American.

Not too sure what you are. Probably a traitor.

lol, Ricky, your a bigoted American.

Man, I really feel for that preacher though. "resisting arrest" my ass. He was not resisting at all, perhaps not cooperating, but he did not resist. Incredibly sad.

Monolithic
05-16-2009, 11:06 PM
notre dame is a private university, if they don't want him there they can call the police and get him off

Reason
05-16-2009, 11:31 PM

agreed

Uriel999
05-17-2009, 05:48 PM
bump

Meatwasp
05-17-2009, 06:19 PM
notre dame is a private university, if they don't want him there they can call the police and get him off

Yep and be sure they kick him in the head . Noter dame will lose with this and I hope they have to close their doors