PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul moneybomb coming this summer

Matt Collins
05-16-2009, 12:38 PM
Just to let everyone know we are working on a moneybomb for Rand this summer.

Kotin
05-16-2009, 01:03 PM
sweet..

itshappening
05-16-2009, 08:56 PM
make it August 1st, I dont know why but it seems like a good idea (start of the month plus we have 8+ weeks to promote :))

skyorbit
05-16-2009, 09:01 PM
We should really try to get Rand $200,000 as quickly as possible.

Tracy

AgentPaul001
05-16-2009, 10:06 PM
I agree money now is better then money later, for a variety of reasons.

Its not necessary, but it'll be a big help to get some in-state fundraising support for Rand Paul, and if the base sees him raising impressive amounts of money early in the campaign it can only help.

I think we should seize some of this early momentum and do a fundraiser sometime this summer.

EDIT: Just donated money and the response on the page is weird, it thanks you then displays the page again. Why not A) forward people to a confirmation page and B) give an email response so we can be sure things processed fine :)

skyorbit
05-16-2009, 11:57 PM
I'm just thinking if we can raise Rand now as much money as Bunning has already raised -- he'll pretty much be forced to run even if Bunning Doesn't drop out.

Bunning's only raised around $200,000 or something he said I think?

Why not do July 4th for his Money Bomb? That gives a good month and a half to publicize it.

I would hope we could raise a good Million or so with a Money Bomb. But he needs at least $200,000 sooner, rather then later as well.

But honestly he needs money now. I'd hate for him to close his exploratory committee before the Money-Bomb because he's not raising what he needs.

Tracy

skyorbit
05-16-2009, 11:58 PM
We need to start some good pledge banks also.

Tracy

Chieftain1776
05-17-2009, 07:29 AM
I'm just thinking if we can raise Rand now as much money as Bunning has already raised -- he'll pretty much be forced to run even if Bunning Doesn't drop out.

Bunning's only raised around $200,000 or something he said I think?

Bunning Cash on Hand: $375,747
http://www.opensecrets.org/politicians/summary2010.php?type=I&cid=N00003437&newMem=N

Matt Collins
05-17-2009, 08:34 AM
Why not do July 4th for his Money Bomb? That gives a good month and a half to publicize it.Because that's Adam Kokesh's moneybomb date.

RonPaulFanInGA
05-17-2009, 09:00 AM
An e-mail blast by Ron Paul could get the money Rand Paul needs for his exploratory committee and then some.

I read somewhere that Trey Grayson is struggling to raise 100,000 dollars. 100,000 dollars is about the amount of money for a state the size of Kentucky a candidate with an exploratory committee can raise without drawing attention from the FEC. Much past that and they'll think you're raising money for a real campaign instead of the limited scope of an exploratory committee.

Matt Collins
05-17-2009, 09:46 AM
An e-mail blast by Ron Paul could get the money Rand Paul needs for his exploratory committee and then some.This will happen in the near future.

Carole
05-17-2009, 11:27 AM
Trey Grayson Schedules Fund Raising Event In Northern Kentucky

h ttp://bluegrassbulletin.typepad.com/bluegrass_bulletin/2009/05/trey-grayson-schedules-fund-raising-event-in-northern-kentu cky-.ht ml

(Remove 3 spaces-http and Kentucky and html)

"Secretary of State Trey Grayson has scheduled a June fund raising event in Northern Kentucky at the Home of Ron and Susan Grayson Hill."

Wondering how much Grayson has in his piggy bank. He may be the one to watch regarding funds.

I have also seen a message on line that indicates McConnell has a "man-crush" Trey Grayson and wants him to run instead of Bunning. :D McConnell has called Bunning senile.

Bunning in other news is saying strange things like resigning the Rep party to give Senate a super-majority.

McConnell Makes Another Move Against Bunning-- Mayhem In Kentucky Republican Party Politics
(h ttp://downwithtyranny.blogspot.com/2009/05/mcconnell-makes-another-move-against.html)

RonPaulFanInGA
05-17-2009, 11:50 AM
This will happen in the near future.

Like this week type-soon?

Matt Collins
05-17-2009, 12:18 PM
Like this week type-soon?Not sure. Someone else is working on that end of things, not me though. But Rand himself told me it's in the works.

pahs1994
05-17-2009, 01:05 PM
One on July 4th would fail imo. most people will be busy doing other things that day and probably forget.

itshappening
05-17-2009, 03:02 PM
Aug 1st is perfect I think unless he needs money quickly but im not sure what he can do anyway until Bunning shows his hand...

it's only a show of strength, a big hit on Aug 1st would be that.

spotics
05-17-2009, 03:10 PM
It might be important to do it before the quarter comes to a close so we can report how much money we have. That means we have to do it on or before June 30th

american.swan
05-17-2009, 03:59 PM
I agree with the money now idea. He needs to make plans with the money we get him he can't wait on particulars. I say 2 or 3 weeks to promote and get him moving.

Also I'm hoping we can get him some big time money to scare away the competition.

american.swan
05-17-2009, 04:00 PM
It might be important to do it before the quarter comes to a close so we can report how much money we have. That means we have to do it on or before June 30th

I like this.

MRoCkEd
05-17-2009, 04:01 PM
Shouldn't we wait to see if he's actually running before the moneybomb?

Austin
05-17-2009, 04:04 PM
spotics brings up an incredibly relevant point. The media will undoubtedly be reporting on Bunning's fund raising numbers, and there is no better time for us to showcase our fund raising capabilities.

Uriel999
05-17-2009, 04:27 PM
I concur sooner is better. June would be good.

Matt Collins
05-17-2009, 04:45 PM
I say 2 or 3 weeks to promote and get him moving. It's going to take at least a month to do the preparation and promotion from my understanding.

Matt Collins
05-17-2009, 04:46 PM
e
It might be important to do it before the quarter comes to a close so we can report how much money we have. That means we have to do it on or before June 30thExploratory committees don't have to report fund raising.

Matt Collins
05-17-2009, 04:48 PM
Shouldn't we wait to see if he's actually running before the moneybomb?Chicken, meet the egg.

RonPaulFanInGA
05-17-2009, 05:29 PM
I agree with the money now idea. He needs to make plans with the money we get him he can't wait on particulars. I say 2 or 3 weeks to promote and get him moving.

The reason the November 5 and December 16, 2007 money bombs were so successful is because they were promoted for a long time and were everywhere. The December 16th money bomb started being promoted pretty much right after the successful November 5th one.

Also, they were everywhere. Even when I wanted to avoid news on it, I remember I couldn't. YouTube comments to unrelated videos promoting the money bombs were everywhere. Digg and Reddit's front page spoke of them. MySpace and Facebook pimped them.

I'm not sure that kind of heavy promotion and...frankly, spam...can be done again.

werdd
05-17-2009, 06:22 PM
ill be donating.

skyorbit
05-17-2009, 09:48 PM
Shouldn't we wait to see if he's actually running before the moneybomb?

No. We need to convince him to Run. When he raises $100/thousand or more we can force him to run.

We also need to donate money as quickly as possible. August 1st is fine, for our 2nd one. But we need some immediate fundraising also.

Tracy

skyorbit
05-17-2009, 10:13 PM
Because that's Adam Kokesh's moneybomb date.

Why should I believe Kokesh is incorruptible like Ron Paul? And why do you believe he's in a winnable race?

I only have limited Funds. I'll be donating to Rand Paul on all the money bomb dates.

Tracy

Matt Collins
05-18-2009, 08:26 PM
Why should I believe Kokesh is incorruptible like Ron Paul? And why do you believe he's in a winnable race?Well Ron just endorsed him today. And he shared his strategy with me and it is solid, so long as we do our part to help him out.

RonPaulFanInGA
05-18-2009, 08:32 PM
Well Ron just endorsed him today.

Asked for money. Then soon for Rand Paul (no-doubt this today will hurt Rand's money haul after his eventual endorsement e-mail.)

I don't think it's wise to go to the well too much with these mass e-mails.

How'd Kokesh do in donations after the e-mail today anyway? Anyone know?

http://newmexicoindependent.com/27716/ron-paul-urges-backers-to-help-nm-congressional-hopeful

Kokesh hasn’t yet decided whether, if he runs, he will run as an independent or as a member of a political party, but he has drawn some support from the right and left.

I hope it's as a republican. Independents/third parties have no chance in the sad banana republic system currently in place.