PDA

View Full Version : Ed Schultz Classifies Ron Paul As "PSYCHO TALK"

Reason
05-16-2009, 09:11 AM
Ed Schultz Classifys Ron Paul As "PSYCHO TALK"

YouTube - Ed Schultz Puts Ron Paul In PSYCHO TALK! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZyp8F1UlhE)

kathy88
05-16-2009, 09:18 AM
What a dick. With that said, the MSM never give Paul a chance to elaborate on these talking points. When heard in little sould bytes like the one from Morning Joe, it does sound effin' crazy. Paul needs to work on elaborating on how things like education, ag, etc.... would function WITHOUT the interference of the Feds.

phill4paul
05-16-2009, 09:21 AM
"Qu'est-ce que c'est"? Not even worth rebutting if a talking head does not have the were with all to investigate the issue properly. Gone are the days of investigative reporting.

Jeremy
05-16-2009, 09:25 AM
He says living in the Midwest is experience to talk about the agriculture department. LOL

ladyjade3
05-16-2009, 09:29 AM
Like our government overlords are not turning this into a 3rd world country as it is! Typical - oh noes! Without teh gubbermint there would be no sayfties! non-argument.

He just needed fodder for his little segment to fill time, and I'm glad Dr Paul was able to give it to him. maybe it will make someone think, since the Joe segment points out that he was right about housing in 2003..... Gosh, maybe he's right about other things too.

It could happen.

kathy88
05-16-2009, 09:34 AM
Like our government overlords are not turning this into a 3rd world country as it is! Typical - oh noes! Without teh gubbermint there would be no sayfties! non-argument.

He just needed fodder for his little segment to fill time, and I'm glad Dr Paul was able to give it to him. maybe it will make someone think, since the Joe segment points out that he was right about housing in 2003..... Gosh, maybe he's right about other things too.

It could happen.

LOOK!!! A flying pig ;)

Anti Federalist
05-16-2009, 09:35 AM
Who the hell is Ed Schultz and why should I care?

Oh, wait, isn't he one of the "b" list neo con talking heads on XM?

Kludge
05-16-2009, 09:40 AM
Who the hell is Ed Schultz and why should I care?

Oh, wait, isn't he one of the "b" list neo con talking heads on XM?

MSNBC gave him his own primetime show recently....

He's a cross between passive-aggressive Chris "HA!" Matthews and Generalized Anxiety Disorder Keith "Jesus, Joe, why don't you get a shovel?" Olbermann.

Carole
05-16-2009, 09:47 AM
What a complete moron and idiot. :eek: :mad:

mczerone
05-16-2009, 10:25 AM
What is this tool's alternative?

That we go broke enforcing "NCLB"? That we continue replacing nutrition, efficient fuels and consumer choice with corn syrup, ethanol, and subsidies to well-connected big businesses?

Danke
05-16-2009, 10:29 AM
OK. I give people a "thumbs up" and when I refresh, the rating is reset back to zero. I can't believe someone is hovering and that quick to counter. I tried it at many different time intervals. It resets immediately to zero and I can't vote again...

Have the ratings been disabled, 'cause earlier posts have ratings?

ctiger2
05-16-2009, 10:35 AM
Wow, this guy is a clueless pawn.

james1906
05-16-2009, 10:45 AM
Sigh, I doubt the family farmers in Iowa enjoy having mandates from Washington DC that make it impossible to compete with agribusinesses like ADM and Monsanto. But Ed Schultz is from the Midwest, and I'm not, so he's the expert. Just like how he knows traffic lights are installed by the federal government.

mczerone
05-16-2009, 10:56 AM
OK. I give people a "thumbs up" and when I refresh, the rating is reset back to zero. I can't believe someone is hovering and that quick to counter. I tried it at many different time intervals. It resets immediately to zero and I can't vote again...

Same reaction on my end.

Some bad comments over there are staying neutral.

The problem with saying states should handle it would put some states at a disadvantage. Some would teach intelligent design instead of evolution, and that in itself puts many people at a disadvantage. There should be a nationwide standards and regulatory board for public education, otherwise we get a generation of Texan students not understanding science properly.

First - its better that just a few Texans get a substandard education than the entirety of the nation.

Second - this commenter assumes that the Federal government can make no wrong policy choices, while States always will make bad choices.

Thrid - Its called "natural selection" - let a year or two of Texan graduates realize that they've not been taught the correct material, and the educational system will quickly react with a better product to compete with other States

Fourth - a "nationwide standards and regulatory board" won't be able to educate students for the real world in their own regions: a student in Portland Maine should have a very different education than someone in San Diego. One might find it beneficial to learn French, while the other might seek Spanish. One might need to study agriculture, another electronics.

This commenter is our enemy - people that honestly think that "nationwide standards" are a good thing, that they lead to desirable results, that their own vision works for everyone else in the nation, and that the Federal government is 100% more trustworthy than a State's government. Some men you just can't reach.

sdczen
05-16-2009, 11:45 AM
The only reason Ed Shultz has a TV show is because he was on his knees for Obama from the beginning. Because of this, he was granted the first radio interview with Obama after the election. Shortly thereafter he has his own TV show on MSNBC. Connection or Coincidence?

By the way, Ed used to be a Republican that failed miserably at his talk show ratings.

Dreamofunity
05-16-2009, 12:01 PM
What a fucking douchebag. Who is this dickwad?

I think, solely from that clip, I hate him the most of the MSNBC crew.

SLSteven
05-16-2009, 02:18 PM
Without the federal government we wouldn't have traffic lights?

:confused:

Water is not in the constitution and I'm sure glad we have it!

TheConstitutionLives
05-16-2009, 02:30 PM
Paul needs to always say "FEDERAL department of education" since the average Joe thinks he means their local public school by just saying "department of Ed"

Anti Federalist
05-16-2009, 02:50 PM
MSNBC gave him his own primetime show recently....

He's a cross between passive-aggressive Chris "HA!" Matthews and Generalized Anxiety Disorder Keith "Jesus, Joe, why don't you get a shovel?" Olbermann.

Errr, ummm, thanks for clearing that up for me.;)

Kludge
05-16-2009, 02:51 PM
Errr, ummm, thanks for clearing that up for me.;)

Lol, sorry. :p

free.alive
05-16-2009, 03:14 PM
Nice set up by whoever the spoiler was on the Morning Joe show, you know the guy who asked the follow-up question which was totally out of context.

I wonder if the producers of the Ed Schultz show prodded him to get them some material to "EXPOSE" Ron Paul.

It wouldn't have been so obvious if it were a CNN o FOX show criticizing Paul, but come on!

jmlfod87
05-16-2009, 04:04 PM
Damn Ed, I haven't seen that many straw men since I watched the wizard of oz.

http://blogs.zdnet.com/images/scarecrow.jpg

tsopranos
05-16-2009, 05:04 PM

The same thing happens with my account on Youtube and it's been doing that for a while. Anyone else have this issue?

Kludge
05-16-2009, 05:07 PM
The same thing happens with my account on Youtube and it's been doing that for a while. Anyone else have this issue?

ADL probably had your account flagged.

Don't worry, it's just protocol.

Chieftain1776
05-16-2009, 08:43 PM
Nice set up by whoever the spoiler was on the Morning Joe show, you know the guy who asked the follow-up question which was totally out of context.

I wonder if the producers of the Ed Schultz show prodded him to get them some material to "EXPOSE" Ron Paul.

It wouldn't have been so obvious if it were a CNN o FOX show criticizing Paul, but come on!

Yup I was right (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=2124727&postcount=7) about that Carlos character. It was like volleyball: Carlos for the "set up" and Rabid Ed for the "spike" on prime-time. I'm pretty sure the MSNBC prime-time crew hates the fact that Joe Scarborough is on in the morning on "their" network. I agree with LadyJade though...it's not that big of a deal and most honest people will look him up and realize the *only* reason he predicted the crisis was *because* of his small government position and if he has credibility on that he's probably right on the other applications as well. That and the Ed Show gets a third(!) of what Fox gets at that time slot: http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/ratings/the_scoreboard_thursday_may_14_116666.asp#more

I agree though Dr. Paul should really say *Federal* Department of Education and note that since it was created in '79 education has gone downhill even with more funding per pupil. I know it's a mouthful in a short amount of time but it shouldn't take more than 15 seconds to say:

"Sure. We need to entirely eliminate bureaucracies like the Federal Dept. of Education that overrule state and local schools boards with unconstitutional mandates. We need to make decision making accountable by keeping it at the local level. The more we've spent the worse it's gotten since that bureaucracy was created in '79. And that's just one bureaucracy out of many!"

Chieftain1776
05-16-2009, 08:49 PM
I'll also add, and I could be wrong, that I don't think I've ever seen Carlos prod other Morning Joe guests for specific ways out of this government created mess. He did it not only once but twice in that interview (not to mention RP's previous appearance). I'm pretty sure if Nancy Pelosi was on he would have accepted any general b.s. platitude she would have given him without argument.

Reason
05-19-2009, 06:12 PM
YouTube - If The Bush Admin Had Not Tortured This Would All Be Irrelevant! Jesse Ventura (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f8VrR-hQ1o)

anaconda
05-19-2009, 06:24 PM
Ed Schultz has one of the most substance-less talk shows I've ever heard. The man is an uneducated dullard with nothing to say. I mean really...

Randi Rhodes is 1000% more informed than he is, for example. Unfortunately, she has zero understanding of economics and is naive in her thinking that big government can do very good things with proper oversight.