PDA

View Full Version : True Colors Shining Through...

UtahApocalypse
05-16-2009, 06:22 AM
More and more these days im seeing many people among this forum showing their true colors. We all stood together over the past few years fighting for Freedom I thought. I guess I was mistaken because the definition of freedom has not changed, or quest of liberty should still be the same. But alas, more then ever party politics is tearing our movement apart. Attacking EVERY single things Obama does as a "Liberal" move, even things that actually are in line with our constitution and what our country stands. Some are supporting various 'nanny state' action do to our current circumstances? What have we become if not a mockery of all that we held true during the campaign? Ron Paul lost.... but HE alone was not what this movement was about. If you were just here too support the person and not the principles you should move on now. Us the TRUE Sons of Liberty, The patriot and freedom fighter amongst us will stand for our freedom and liberty not for party or politics.s

kathy88
05-16-2009, 06:25 AM
Indeed. +1776

ronpaulhawaii
05-16-2009, 06:46 AM
More and more these days im seeing many people among this forum showing their true colors. We all stood together over the past few years fighting for Freedom I thought. I guess I was mistaken because the definition of freedom has not changed, or quest of liberty should still be the same. But alas, more then ever party politics is tearing our movement apart. Attacking EVERY single things Obama does as a "Liberal" move, even things that actually are in line with our constitution and what our country stands. Some are supporting various 'nanny state' action do to our current circumstances? What have we become if not a mockery of all that we held true during the campaign? Ron Paul lost.... but HE alone was not what this movement was about. If you were just here too support the person and not the principles you should move on now. Us the TRUE Sons of Liberty, The patriot and freedom fighter amongst us will stand for our freedom and liberty not for party or politics.s

So, you are saying that many active members, from during the campaign, are showing a different nature than they did at that time? I don't think so. I think we have many new members who have no idea what we did during the campaign. Were these members who are attacking Obama, not doing so during the campaign?

The whole "true colors" thing bothers me, because it implies that long term members have changed their positions. I thnk what you meant was "new colors" and we are dealing with that as best we can...

I think we are slowly coming out of a transition period, when there was little to "do" in regards to the original intent of this board. Now that 2010 is coming up, we will see more action. We are working on ways to deal with perpetual naysayers and armchair antagonists. Everyones help is appreciated in that regard...

UtahApocalypse
05-16-2009, 06:49 AM
So, you are saying that many active members, from during the campaign, are showing a different nature than they did at that time? I don't think so. I think we have many new members who have no idea what we did during the campaign. Were these members who are attacking Obama, not doing so during the campaign?

The whole "true colors" thing bothers me, because it implies that long term members have changed their positions. I thnk what you meant was "new colors" and we are dealing with that as best we can...

I think we are slowly coming out of a transition period, when there was little to "do" in regards to the original intent of this board. Now that 2010 is coming up, we will see more action. We are working on ways to deal with perpetual naysayers and armchair antagonists. Everyones help is appreciated in that regard...

Sadly it is not just the New people. I am not going to call out persons by name. It just is something of a disappointment.

On a side note: Micheal you are the epitome of the modern Son of Liberty :)

ronpaulhawaii
05-16-2009, 07:10 AM
Sadly it is not just the New people. I am not going to call out persons by name. It just is something of a disappointment.

On a side note: Micheal you are the epitome of the modern Son of Liberty :)

I'm not asking you to call anyone out by name, but these kind of threads are rarely productive and that is why I am responding.

I really did not mean "new" vs "old" members, and meant, "active" vs, "armchair". I really do not see any credible supporters who have "changed their tune" or shown their "true colors" Is it possible that the dearth of solid activity is causing you to see the "true colors" for the first time, and that they have always been this way and you just never noticed ?

and thanks, but I feel I'm just another root in a big forest...

dr. hfn
05-16-2009, 12:42 PM
i'm a libertarian and always will be a libertarian.

silverhandorder
05-16-2009, 12:46 PM
Give examples otherwise I am not interested in your drama.

Kludge
05-16-2009, 12:47 PM
Who/what inspired this thread?

Party politics were pretty bothersome and evident around October of last year, but I don't really see it too much, ATM.

The only Republican-loving people I can think of off the top of my head are TONES and DAFTEK, but both are fairly open-minded and assets, IMO.

RCA
05-16-2009, 12:50 PM
I think there are far more posts making baseless claims such as this one than the posts that they are purporting to complain about.

Here's a classic example:

Negative Nellie Naysayers (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=189857)

Imperial
05-16-2009, 12:52 PM

I think it is important to come together and put aside our differences to support good candidates. But I for one am GLAD people are standing up and announcing what they believe in!

Fighting for freedom doesn't mean you should be 100% for Ron Paul's philosophy, or Mary Ruwart, or Gravel, or Alex Jones, or Rothbard. No, there will ALWAYS be differences. I for one embrace them. I would rather have a thoughtful dissenter, who will rationally analyze issues than a mindless supporter who is afraid to stand up for truth.

I stand up with liberty candidates but at times I do see faults. There are some things I would disagree with Ron Paul on. However, I would rather we all just have some few guiding ideas to help drive our policies, and respect our disagreements. When it comes time, support who you want to support.

Alawn
05-16-2009, 01:22 PM
People are attacking every little thing Obama does because every little thing Obama does has been absolutely horrible, against liberty, and destructive of the constitution. He is even worse than Bush. Plus Bush was never elevated to god status and could never get away with the sort of stuff Obama can get away with. Obama has done nothing at all to further liberty. Even when he says something or is reported to do something that looks like it is for liberty we find out he was lying and when you look at it closely he is doing exactly the opposite and going against every promise he ever made. THere is actually more torture now than there was before and more war. Get your head out of the sand. The media is blatantly lying to you about anything that could be construed to be inline with the constitution.

People here complained a lot about what Bush did and we are not going to stop when Obama is doing the exact same thing just because he uses doublespeak and claims he is doing the opposite.