PDA

View Full Version : Run Rand Run Money Bomb

UtahApocalypse
05-15-2009, 12:31 PM
So when should we fill the coffers of the Exploratory committee?

torchbearer
05-15-2009, 01:23 PM
good question. anyone have any plans?

mello
05-15-2009, 01:52 PM
When's Rand's birthday?

torchbearer
05-15-2009, 01:56 PM
When's Rand's birthday?

ask Matt Collins.

ItsTime
05-15-2009, 02:08 PM
ask Matt Collins.

I heard he (Matt Collins) was part of Bilderberger

torchbearer
05-15-2009, 02:12 PM
I heard he (Matt Collins) was part of Bilderberger

Mossad (http://www.mossad.gov.il/eng/) along with Bryan.
(HaMossad leModi'in uleTafkidim Meyuchadim)

Matt Collins
05-15-2009, 02:41 PM
So when should we fill the coffers of the Exploratory committee?Rand and I and Trevor Lyman were having a conversation about this a couple of days ago.

Please hold off for now!

Matt Collins
05-15-2009, 02:44 PM
I heard he (Matt Collins) was part of BilderbergerNo... CIA:cool:

UtahApocalypse
05-15-2009, 03:07 PM
Rand and I and Trevor Lyman were having a conversation about this a couple of days ago.

Please hold off for now!

While I do appreciate your stature here that was one thing that killed the RP campaign over and over again. The campaign telling the grassroots to hold off and then it got messed up, or failed. The Philadelphia Rally as an example.

torchbearer
05-15-2009, 03:10 PM
While I do appreciate your stature here that was one thing that killed the RP campaign over and over again. The campaign telling the grassroots to hold off and then it got messed up, or failed. The Philadelphia Rally as an example.

This is being put together by grassroots.
Not much of a campaign staff to speak of right now.

ClayTrainor
05-15-2009, 03:11 PM
This is being put together by grassroots.
Not much of a campaign staff to speak of right now.

You helping the the Rand MB Torch?

torchbearer
05-15-2009, 03:15 PM
You helping the the Rand MB Torch?

Nope. I was offered to do his myspace, but i don't have the time or knack for doing myspace.
I might visit mine once a week. Rand needs someone who can check it at least once a day.

V3n
05-15-2009, 04:14 PM
Is this his opponent? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Mongiardo

Is July 4th too late for the money bomb? (in honor of Independence Day, I swear, totally unrelated to any birthdays you might read on any links in this post) ;)

Anyone know if there is a cap like Presidential elections?

(EDIT: I guess he's got a couple of opponents! http://theruraldemocrat.typepad.com/the_rural_democrat/2009/05/bunning-paul-grayson-mongiardo-conway-.html)

ClayTrainor
05-15-2009, 04:18 PM
Is July 4th too late for the money bomb? (in honor of Independence Day, I swear, totally unrelated to any birthdays you might read on any links in this post)

See sig...

Todd
05-15-2009, 04:19 PM

I'll second that. It was everywhere and here in VA.
And when his (Rands) campaign staff gets geared up it should be in direct contact with grassroots.

V3n
05-15-2009, 04:25 PM
See sig...

Sweet! So the 4th is taken...

June Holidays:

# Sunday June 14th
Flag Day

# Sunday June 21st
Father's Day

# Sunday June 21st
Summer Begins

Father's Day for a hat tip to Ron! :D

UtahApocalypse
05-15-2009, 04:40 PM
What about over memorial day weekend??

brandon
05-15-2009, 04:43 PM
I really don't like the idea of "Rand, Trevor, and I" having a discussion to plan a money bomb.

That sort of central planning is what resulted in all the other 2008 presidential candidates having embarrassing money bombs.

If their is a money bomb, it's going to come from the grassroots. It's not going to come from central planning.

Furthermore, the idea of a money bomb has almost run its course. Good ideas get old quick, and the money bomb idea is pretty old. The internet lives on new material, not stale recycled ideas.

That being said, I do think a money bomb is worth a try, but not any time soon. Rand Paul has to announce he is actually running for Senate (as opposed to just having an exploratory committee) before anyone even starts to plan a moneybomb. Otherwise it will be a total failure.

brandon
05-15-2009, 04:46 PM
AND remember that a failed money bomb will be a demotivator just as much as a successful one will be a motivator.

Matt Collins
05-15-2009, 06:48 PM
I really don't like the idea of "Rand, Trevor, and I" having a discussion to plan a money bomb.

That sort of central planning is what resulted in all the other 2008 presidential candidates having embarrassing money bombs.

If their is a money bomb, it's going to come from the grassroots. It's not going to come from central planning.

Furthermore, the idea of a money bomb has almost run its course. Good ideas get old quick, and the money bomb idea is pretty old. The internet lives on new material, not stale recycled ideas.

That being said, I do think a money bomb is worth a try, but not any time soon. Rand Paul has to announce he is actually running for Senate (as opposed to just having an exploratory committee) before anyone even starts to plan a moneybomb. Otherwise it will be a total failure.

VERY good points and I absolutely agree. I'll be the first to get loud when I feel the "official campaign" is half-way doing things, you should have no doubts about that.

But at the moment we're in a strategic situation that requires patience, not full throttle. Besides, Rand isn't running right now, he's just exploring the field.

Donate what you can now if you should choose to, but the money bombs will happen later on. Right now we just want to build steady fundraising. Rand's money bomb will be after Adam's during the summer .

FunkBuddha
05-15-2009, 06:53 PM
Father's Day for a hat tip to Ron! :D

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this.

Feelgood
05-15-2009, 11:33 PM

QFT

Love seeing sensible minds at work... :cool:

Dreamofunity
05-16-2009, 02:24 AM

This.

Also, does anyone know how much money Rand's possible opponent raised since he announced his exploratory committee?

I think we should try to stay even to a little bit above with small donations until Rand actually announces a run.

tonesforjonesbones
05-16-2009, 05:46 AM
I remember toooo many money bombs and chip in's popping up all over the place...it minimizes them. tones

torchbearer
05-16-2009, 10:15 AM
AND remember that a failed money bomb will be a demotivator just as much as a successful one will be a motivator.

since you know that- i would expect you do everything to make sure it doesn't fail. ;)

Matt Collins
05-16-2009, 10:36 AM
Also, does anyone know how much money Rand's possible opponent raised since he announced his exploratory committee? No. Exploratory committees don't have to report their incomes.

I think we should try to stay even to a little bit above with small donations until Rand actually announces a run.This is a good plan. But no money bombs yet.

specsaregood
05-16-2009, 10:45 AM
No. Exploratory committees don't have to report their incomes.

So RPII isn't required to report how much has been raised, yet is doing so online. Obviously this is for some marketing reasons. I like it.

But, I think what is more important is the # of unique donors. Even if RPII is outraised during the exploratory phase I would bet that RPII has more unique donors.

Any chance of a press release stating how many unique donors have contributed so far? Or even updating the counter on the site to display this? I think # of unique donors would be much more representative of his nationwide support base than the actual summed FRN count.

FSP-Rebel
05-16-2009, 11:02 AM
I'm wondering if it would be legit if the C4L sent out fundraising letters for Rand to the masses in their databases?

Matt Collins
05-16-2009, 11:26 AM
I'm wondering if it would be legit if the C4L sent out fundraising letters for Rand to the masses in their databases?
That's a question for the attorneys.

LibertyEagle
05-16-2009, 11:39 AM
Rand and I and Trevor Lyman were having a conversation about this a couple of days ago.

Please hold off for now!

Ok, I'm sorry to have to ask this, but now that you mentioned Trevor's involvement, I need to. There have been occasions in the past where Trevor took a cut out of the funds donated to various candidates. Is that the plan here too, because if it is, that might poise a problem for some. I venture to say that most who donate to Rand's campaign want ALL of the money to go to Rand's campaign.

Matt Collins
05-16-2009, 12:32 PM
Ok, I'm sorry to have to ask this, but now that you mentioned Trevor's involvement, I need to. There have been occasions in the past where Trevor took a cut out of the funds donated to various candidates.Really? Do you have documentation of this? :confused:

Is that the plan here tooNot that I'm aware of.

itshappening
05-16-2009, 12:35 PM
I can't believe some of these posts.

Trevor was a top class guy and helped raise alot of money.

ClayTrainor
05-16-2009, 12:39 PM
I can't believe some of these posts.

Trevor was a top class guy and helped raise alot of money.

Yea, i've already experienced some of that phenomena trying to help the movement.

I got called an asswipe and a douche bag, for creating the July 4th money bomb for kokesh, by a member of this forum. He was pissed that i didn't ask him for help.

The more you do for the movement, the more people will criticize and hate you for it. It's a sad reality, sometimes. There are of course people who will back you up as well. I'm on Trevors side for sure, in this scenario.

I can't complain too much, everyone in here is pretty much awesome to me but, Trevor was certainly a hard-working patriot that deserves more than just insults from us.

Matt Collins
05-16-2009, 02:17 PM
Yea, i've already experienced some of that phenomena trying to help the movement.

I got called an asswipe and a douche bag, for creating the July 4th money bomb for kokesh, by a member of this forum. He was pissed that i didn't ask him for help.

The more you do for the movement, the more people will criticize and hate you for it. It's a sad reality, sometimes. There is an old saying that goes "if you aren't on anyone's shitlist, then you aren't doing anything worth while".

V3n
05-16-2009, 02:36 PM
Ok, I'm sorry to have to ask this, but now that you mentioned Trevor's involvement, I need to. There have been occasions in the past where Trevor took a cut out of the funds donated to various candidates. Is that the plan here too, because if it is, that might poise a problem for some. I venture to say that most who donate to Rand's campaign want ALL of the money to go to Rand's campaign.

I think LibertyEagle is referring to the entrepreneurial ventures like the Ron Paul blimp. Donations to the blimp were "for profit" (Trevor's cut), but that was stated from the very beginning, and that was exactly how people were able to "donate" more than the $2,300 cap. Donations to Ron Paul's website were directly to Ron Paul and there was no skimming off the top.

Just as, I'm sure donations to Rand Paul's site will go directly to Rand Paul, but there may be the potential for separate "for profit" opportunities (as I believe there should be in a free market, given the "for profit"s are up front about the whole deal).

dr. hfn
05-16-2009, 05:15 PM
not during Kokesh's July 4th Moneybomb please.

p.s. What about poor RJ Harris?! He needs some cash too!

Matt Collins
05-16-2009, 06:34 PM
not during Kokesh's July 4th Moneybomb please.Absolutely. We are quite aware of that and I will be working to do my best to ensure that we don't trample each other.

ronpaulhawaii
05-16-2009, 07:45 PM
not during Kokesh's July 4th Moneybomb please.

p.s. What about poor RJ Harris?! He needs some cash too!

+1 and a shout out for RJ

RCA
05-16-2009, 07:58 PM
November 5th