PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul fundraising trends suggest over $4 million raised by primary

Austin
05-15-2009, 11:19 AM
Rand Paul has received substantial funds for forming an Exploratory Committee over 1 year before the Republican Primary. Already, he has raised $12,000 and will probably raise more by the end of the day.

Assuming he continues to raise $12,000 a day (not including money bombs or anything else), we will have raised $4,400,000 for the primary. This blows his $2 million goal out of the water.

With this amount of fund raising and the volunteer efforts planned for this summer and throughout the campaign, I really think we can win this!

Rand Paul 2010!

brandon
05-15-2009, 11:27 AM
I think it's too early too extrapolate, but I'm staying optimistic. I haven't donated a penny yet but plan to max out over the next year.

johnrocks
05-15-2009, 11:27 AM
It may take a lot more than 4 million, I will be glad when Bunning and Paul makes everything official, this not knowing sucks, besides, look at http://www.opensecrets.org/news/2008/11/money-wins-white-house-and.html some spent a lot more and still lost, Elizabeth Dole was an incumbent,spent 15 million and lost, of course she had some serious neo con baggage too I suppose.

dannno
05-15-2009, 11:32 AM
It may take a lot more than 4 million, I will be glad when Bunning and Paul makes everything official, this not knowing sucks, besides, look at http://www.opensecrets.org/news/2008/11/money-wins-white-house-and.html some spent a lot more and still lost, Elizabeth Dole was an incumbent,spent 15 million and lost, of course she had some serious neo con baggage too I suppose.

I think I heard that Bunning would only have about $300,000 to run his campaign.. but he is the incumbent.

No1ButPaul08
05-15-2009, 11:41 AM

Not only that, she was running in a very difficult spot. The Obama campaign spent many of their resources in NC helping out the D senate candidate. Obama was also on the ballot which helped every Dem in the country a great deal. He's not going to be on the ballot in 2010, and many of the people who were first time voters and voted for Obama probably don't even know what Midterm elections are.

specsaregood
05-15-2009, 11:44 AM
The amount raised currently is of little use for projecting the amount he will/can raise.
With that said, I think the more interesting number to know would the # of unique donors since the site went online yesterday. I donated $25 bucks, but the day he announces it is no longer exploratory he will get 10x that. I doubt I am alone. He doesn't need the $$ for commercials or signs, YET. I figured $25 bucks will get him to/from a public appearance while he is "exploring".

AJ Antimony
05-15-2009, 12:04 PM
Not only that, she was running in a very difficult spot. The Obama campaign spent many of their resources in NC helping out the D senate candidate. Obama was also on the ballot which helped every Dem in the country a great deal. He's not going to be on the ballot in 2010, and many of the people who were first time voters and voted for Obama probably don't even know what Midterm elections are.

slacker921
05-15-2009, 12:07 PM
The amount raised currently is of little use for projecting the amount he will/can raise.
With that said, I think the more interesting number to know would the # of unique donors since the site went online yesterday. I donated $25 bucks, but the day he announces it is no longer exploratory he will get 10x that. I doubt I am alone. He doesn't need the $$ for commercials or signs, YET. I figured $25 bucks will get him to/from a public appearance while he is "exploring".

exactly.. . lots are just donating 20 or 25 bucks now.

The only risk is the other guy who also is "exploring" could raise a LOT quickly and then people would say "see, that Rand guy is a longshot.. he can't even raise money".

ClayTrainor
05-15-2009, 12:10 PM
exactly.. . lots are just donating 20 or 25 bucks now.

The only risk is the other guy who also is "exploring" could raise a LOT quickly and then people would say "see, that Rand guy is a longshot.. he can't even raise money".

I'm pretty confident that whatever numbers they produce, we can exceed.

Matt Collins
05-15-2009, 02:45 PM
If one reads the writing on the wall Bunning the logical conclusion is that Bunning isn't going to run even though he keeps saying he is.