PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul on Rachel Maddow

yokna7
05-15-2009, 07:17 AM
Last nite Rand Paul announced his senate run on the Rachel Maddow. But right before he made his appearance she did a segment about how the Republican party is in disarray and was discussing Rush/Roberta McCain dispute. Which is expected on her show, but the graphic in the backround was confusing. It had "Republican Revolution?", with it being a knockoff of the "Ron Paul Revolution" font and style. Below that was a small pic of Roberta McCain and Rush Limbaugh and a large pic of Ron Paul right in the center. I am confused, I do not think it was a segway into the Rand Paul appearance but she took a swipe at Ron Paul maybe? In that piece she did not mention Ron Paul she only talked about the Limbaugh thing. So was she lumping Ron in with those idiots? Ron Paul is afterall the only Republican that captures the imagination of youth in congress.

Original_Intent
05-15-2009, 07:19 AM
I think she was emphasizing that Ron Paul Republicanism is taking over from the NeoCons. I am not sure if she likes us because she likes us, or just wants the GOP to fragment and implode.

roho76
05-15-2009, 07:23 AM
I would think that they would be considered the most influential of the party. I don't know why Roberta McCain but Rush and RP are in the fore front of the GOP. Typical MSM.

MsDoodahs
05-15-2009, 07:23 AM
I think she was emphasizing that Ron Paul Republicanism is taking over from the NeoCons. I am not sure if she likes us because she likes us, or just wants the GOP to fragment and implode.

The latter.

rpfan2008
05-15-2009, 07:24 AM
Anybody with the globalists and all their minions (which obviously includes the MSM) HATE RP and the entire Liberty movement.

They just want to paint RP as a collaborator with the Liberals in attacking the Republican party...so that the movement can't ever take on the mainstream GoP. That's my view.

rpfan2008
05-15-2009, 07:26 AM
The latter.

Disagree.

There is nothing like 'destroying the republican party', both parties are the same. They(the media) intend to destroy us and malign RP's image in the eyes of the "conservatives".

InterestedParticipant
05-15-2009, 08:28 AM
Last nite Rand Paul announced his senate run on the Rachel Maddow. But right before he made his appearance she did a segment about how the Republican party is in disarray and was discussing Rush/Roberta McCain dispute. Which is expected on her show, but the graphic in the backround was confusing. It had "Republican Revolution?", with it being a knockoff of the "Ron Paul Revolution" font and style. Below that was a small pic of Roberta McCain and Rush Limbaugh and a large pic of Ron Paul right in the center. I am confused, I do not think it was a segway into the Rand Paul appearance but she took a swipe at Ron Paul maybe? In that piece she did not mention Ron Paul she only talked about the Limbaugh thing. So was she lumping Ron in with those idiots? Ron Paul is afterall the only Republican that captures the imagination of youth in congress.
Can any one here describe her audience for me. No longer have TV, and I'd like to better understand who she is trying to reach with her message. Thanks.

rpfan2008
05-15-2009, 08:33 AM
Can any one here describe her audience for me

O-bots

ctiger2
05-15-2009, 08:39 AM
Ron Paul is the new leader of the Republican Party.

zach
05-15-2009, 08:59 AM
The other two were blurred and in the background.
Ron was clear and quite in the forefront of the other two.

They're giving props with the Revolution design.

1000-points-of-fright
05-15-2009, 09:24 AM
Below that was a small pic of Roberta McCain and Rush Limbaugh and a large pic of Ron Paul right in the center. I am confused, I do not think it was a segway into the Rand Paul appearance but she took a swipe at Ron Paul maybe? In that piece she did not mention Ron Paul she only talked about the Limbaugh thing. So was she lumping Ron in with those idiots? Ron Paul is afterall the only Republican that captures the imagination of youth in congress.

It was Charlie Crist, not Rush Limbaugh.

max
05-15-2009, 09:27 AM
i dont see that way at all...

what she is doing is trashing the GOP, and then presenting Ron Paul as the only decent man within the GOP..

Her motive is to elevate Ron Paul so that the GOP splinters against itself. I do believe that she likes and respects Ron Paul, but the free publicity she is giving RP is designed to piss off Newt and Rush, not to promote Ron's ideas

regardless of her primary motive.....the free publicity is great, but we need to be careful that the drones we are trying to reach dont associate libertarianism with Maddow liberalism

MsDoodahs
05-15-2009, 09:34 AM

what she is doing is trashing the GOP, and then presenting Ron Paul as the only decent man within the GOP..

Her motive is to elevate Ron Paul so that the GOP splinters against itself. I do believe that she likes and respects Ron Paul, but the free publicity she is giving RP is designed to piss off Newt and Rush, not to promote Ron's ideas

regardless of her primary motive.....the free publicity is great, but we need to be careful that the drones we are trying to reach dont associate libertarianism with Maddow liberalism

Agreed.

yokna7
05-15-2009, 10:41 AM
Ron Paul is the new leader of the Republican Party.

tell that to the RNC.

yokna7
05-15-2009, 10:42 AM
It was Charlie Crist, not Rush Limbaugh.

true. my bad

Feenix566
05-15-2009, 10:48 AM
Can any one here describe her audience for me. No longer have TV, and I'd like to better understand who she is trying to reach with her message. Thanks.

Rachel Maddow's audience consists of people who think MoveOn.org is a good example of a centrist political web site.

I don't trust Maddow any farther than I can throw her, BUT: We libertarians need to spend less time trashtalking liberals and more time reaching out to them. Libertarians are really half-liberal half-conservative. We can make friends and enemies on both sides. I'm glad to see Maddow putting Ron and Rand Paul on her show. It gives them an opportunity to get new supporters.

BillyDkid
05-15-2009, 12:02 PM

Rachel has always talked kindly about Dr. Paul. And, yes, I would like to see the GOP implode too. I would just like to see the Dems implode also. Both parties are filled with scum suckers.

Uriel999
05-15-2009, 12:07 PM

Pissing off Newt and Rush sounds great to me, she can do that, we will promote the ideas of liberty. :)

rpfan2008
05-15-2009, 12:12 PM
YouTube - Rachel Maddow on Tea Parties and Tea Baggin' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYXGq4X8naE)

YouTube - Teabagging Tantrums (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19jfGsvk40A)

Freedom 4 all
05-15-2009, 01:14 PM
I personally believe that she has the potential to be the next Naiomi Wolf. Unfortunately, she is actually to the left of Obama economically but makes frequent references to the constitution on social matters. If she learns the ways of Austrian Economics-Fu I can easily see her becoming a CFL icon.

ctiger2
05-15-2009, 01:33 PM
tell that to the RNC.

They'll find out for themselves soon nuff.