PDA

View Full Version : Great thread at an online game forum.

aravoth
09-20-2007, 02:22 PM
http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=599022

Very civalized, and some good points.

aravoth
09-20-2007, 02:26 PM
oops wrong area, can someone please move this to general politics and other?

hard@work
09-20-2007, 02:26 PM
I play EvE. The community in that game is the highest educated I have ever come across. Some of the people that play the economic side of that game are amazing. I'd take stock tips from them any day.

:)

p.s. just repost, they won't move it in my experience.

aravoth
09-20-2007, 02:39 PM
I play EvE. The community in that game is the highest educated I have ever come across. Some of the people that play the economic side of that game are amazing. I'd take stock tips from them any day.

heheh, they did move it, now I have a double post :D

briatx
09-20-2007, 02:42 PM
Ah, EVE. Played that for a few months, and it was interesting, especially the economics. I think they could do a lot to improve the game, as a lot of it was hurry up and wait, such as mining times. Etc.

aravoth
09-20-2007, 02:52 PM
Really is a wonderful game. If anyone needs proof that fiat currencies don't work, play this game, and look at what your ISK buys you. :D

I've played off and on for a while. I just got back with it. Since it's one of those games you can play casually and still advance pretty easily.

hard@work
09-20-2007, 02:54 PM
I'm training astrogeology V right now, going to do mining barge V next. that's a month training time, I haven't played at all the whole time!

:P

Really don't want to carebear it with a hulk but the money I can make casually is enough to fund my evil piracy plans without having to worry about losing good ships and modules.

Muahahah!

aravoth
09-20-2007, 02:56 PM
I'm training astrogeology V right now, going to do mining barge V next. that's a month training time, I haven't played at all the whole time!

Really don't want to carebear it with a hulk but the money I can make casually is enough to fund my evil piracy plans without having to worry about losing good ships and modules.

Muahahah!

heheh, yeah I have the same devious plot. I'm about 3 hours away from piloting a hulk. Still need mining upgrades 4 and a few odds and ends to make it worth my while, but once I fit it with 2 MLU's I'll be raking in the cash. Just gotta train for t2 mining crystals :eek:

1000-points-of-fright
09-20-2007, 03:14 PM
I got bored with EVE before my free trial period ran out. The concept is really good, but if I want to sit around and do busy work to make a few bucks I'll go to my real job.

Same with WoW. Too much running back and forth, not enough blood and guts.

But hardcore EVE players would be perfect targets for Ron Paul free market message.

noxagol
09-20-2007, 03:22 PM
Hey, I play that too. Just restarted playing actually. I used to play back in 03 and 04. I'm working out a combat character right now, running missions to make my isk.

hard@work
09-20-2007, 03:25 PM
hmm you guys got a corp? I'm flying solo right now. Be fun to play with Ron Paul supporters haha

hard@work
09-20-2007, 03:28 PM
heheh, yeah I have the same devious plot. I'm about 3 hours away from piloting a hulk. Still need mining upgrades 4 and a few odds and ends to make it worth my while, but once I fit it with 2 MLU's I'll be raking in the cash. Just gotta train for t2 mining crystals :eek:

I'm 2 weeks from the hulk, not sure how long till t2 crystals. I do have t2 strip miners though. I also have ice mining V and refining V. I feel dirty having all these industrial skills but what can I do, a buddy was using my account to mine and trained it up while I was on a few month AFK.

noxagol
09-20-2007, 03:28 PM
We could make one. I got a spot going to open up soon that is going to be a trade/corp management whore.

noxagol
09-20-2007, 03:29 PM
I'm 2 weeks from the hulk, not sure how long till t2 crystals. I do have t2 strip miners though. I also have ice mining V and refining V. I feel dirty having all these industrial skills but what can I do, a buddy was using my account to mine and trained it up while I was on a few month AFK.

To use a particular crystal you need to have the ore processing skill to at least lvl 1 for the tech 1 crystals and lvl 4 for the tech 2 crystals.

hard@work
09-20-2007, 03:30 PM
I have a vanity corp (me myself and I) and some basic corp skills. I'm not the most experienced player but just throwing it out there. Not interested in leading a corp much either, but like I said would be fun to play w/ Ron Paul players and would be happy to hand CEO to anyone dedicated. The corp name is really cool (Shadow Tribe ... ooooo skerry) and I'd hate to give it up. As it is once I start playing more again I'm going to have to leave for another corp anyways.

So I'm down for whaaatever. I just like having fun.

noxagol
09-20-2007, 03:49 PM
Where is your corp's HQ or other office at?

noxagol
09-20-2007, 03:50 PM
What is your guys name? I will shoot you an eve mail.

hard@work
09-20-2007, 03:52 PM
Corp HQ or office is: wherever you want it I really don't care. I'm playing so little right now since all my corpmates left for the wow expansion. It would be cool to get some RP eve players going though so I'm more than happy to help establish a corp and/or handover CEO for the absolutely kick ass name "Shadow Tribe" (I really am partial to it hehehe). Since I already have corp skills and ethnic relations trained etc. it would save some time on the leadership training to get it established.

Cyan Aura <-- that's me.

silverhandorder
09-20-2007, 03:58 PM
http://forums.darkfallonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13

Darkfall community especially their off topic are the biggest Ron Paul supporters. Break down is like 80% Libertarian 10% Dem and 10% Rep. Plus any of you game junkies once DF comes out I would be happy to play with you.

DF is ALL about freedom to do w/e you want. Crafters can make anything and one character per server so not to devalue crafting.

noxagol
09-20-2007, 04:01 PM
I will have to check that game out. Though I am kind of burnt out on the fantasy setting.

Bryan
09-20-2007, 04:06 PM

Such little faith... :)

Best thing to do is to flag it (see the red triangle off to the right).

heheh, they did move it, now I have a double post :D
Removed. :)

I read a bit of it, it's great to see such conversations spilling off of political sites... We will win this fight.

aravoth
09-20-2007, 04:06 PM
in game name is dexxel farcry. I joined a corp not too long ago actually. Called "the valour" Pretty good corp, lots of mining ops and lots of pvp ops. Part of the UCC aliance.

hard@work
09-20-2007, 04:12 PM
Such little faith... :)

I demand excellence and perfection!

j.k

noxagol
09-20-2007, 04:45 PM
My characters name is Lara Chang.

Locke_rpr
09-20-2007, 05:58 PM
Great game! I played for a few years, but I'm not on much at all anymore. Since I've gone over to Linux it's a royal pain in the butt. Every time EVE does an update it completely mucks up my Wine installation and I've gotten kinda tired of fixing it. You are right about the player base. Definitely one of the higher educated and smartest populous of any game. Had many a good time, but alas my carrier and freighter are just sitting in spacedock collecting space dust, with a few billion isk in my alt corp wallet. I figure I'll come back some time though. Long live the Forsaken Empire (corp.)!!!

noxagol
09-20-2007, 06:55 PM
Great game! I played for a few years, but I'm not on much at all anymore. Since I've gone over to Linux it's a royal pain in the butt. Every time EVE does an update it completely mucks up my Wine installation and I've gotten kinda tired of fixing it. You are right about the player base. Definitely one of the higher educated and smartest populous of any game. Had many a good time, but alas my carrier and freighter are just sitting in spacedock collecting space dust, with a few billion isk in my alt corp wallet. I figure I'll come back some time though. Long live the Forsaken Empire (corp.)!!!

HOLY SHIT! I was in the F-E as well. My old characters name is Lord Azraiel.

Oh btw, can I have your stuff! =P (just had to do it)

remaxjon
09-20-2007, 07:05 PM

wait a min

thats not a kick ass Ron Paul video

Hope we see another one after the next debate:D

aravoth
09-20-2007, 07:16 PM

Just got my hulk :D

eleganz
09-20-2007, 07:18 PM
Back to topic of the original post.

It seems like all their debating about is a strong new leader like Ron Paul. The consesus of that thread is how horrible America is becoming and how bad it will be if we have another retard in office.

If anybody is registered on that forum, please inform them of Ron Pauls policies.

aravoth
09-20-2007, 08:34 PM
Back to topic of the original post.

It seems like all their debating about is a strong new leader like Ron Paul. The consesus of that thread is how horrible America is becoming and how bad it will be if we have another retard in office.

If anybody is registered on that forum, please inform them of Ron Pauls policies.

takin care of :)

hard@work
09-20-2007, 08:59 PM
Just got my hulk :D

hahaha ughhhhh the waiting game ...

2 days left until I can train another 2 weeks ... I better make bajillions with this thing ... hmmm maybe I can get a carebear capital ship when they come out!

aravoth
09-20-2007, 09:10 PM
hahaha ughhhhh the waiting game ...

2 days left until I can train another 2 weeks ... I better make bajillions with this thing ... hmmm maybe I can get a carebear capital ship when they come out!

Make sure you get mining upgrades 4 so you can get 18% better yeild with x2 mlu's, I'm working on mining foreman now, with improves the yeaild when ganged in fleet mode. So we can hit it together one of these days.

hard@work
09-20-2007, 09:13 PM
I really want to finish training to tech II frigates

>:-D

pew pew pew

noxagol
09-20-2007, 10:01 PM
the pew pew is certainly much best aspect of the game

EvilEngineer
09-20-2007, 10:59 PM
Lol, I played eve during beta and about 6 months after release. If anyone else played around that time you might remember my corp (M3G4) and our blockade of OBE. Followed up later by the blockade / lag-cade by (Mo0), which had to be broken by GMs in battleships. Which at the time was huge since everyone was still flying lv 2/3 cruisers at best.

What turned me off to the game was the fact that it was shipped and sold as an incomplete game. It was a mining sim for nearly a year after release... thats pretty much it.

I looked at it recently on a free trial and was impressed by a few things that had changed. However the core of the gameplay was still pretty much the same, and they never solved the fleet battle problems, nor the gate ganking problem. The economic side was pretty interesting and complex. I find it cool that they hired a real economist to help shape and mitigate the market, and didn't rely completely on the old totally player based models which always collapse.

noxagol
09-21-2007, 01:32 AM
Haha, M3G4, I remember being in geminate mining with two of my friends for my tempest and laughing at them because of the name lol. Good ol' Tank CEO, he got a ticket for chirping his tires heh.

silverhandorder
09-21-2007, 09:45 AM
I can't get into any MMO's atm but does anyone play CC3 or War3?