PDA

View Full Version : Flake and Inglis back carbon tax bill

Carole
05-14-2009, 10:23 PM
I live in West Virginia. I have a fixed income and barely get by as it is. :mad:

Starting to really get worried as these idiots are destroying this country and we have no way to stop them. :(

Republican lawmakers back carbon tax (yes, that's right)
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=23

Here are top ten states using coal:

The payroll tax cuts would be distributed equally around the country. That means the carbon tax would hit people especially hard in states that rely heavily on coal-based power:

Top 10 states most reliant on coal power
State ........... % of power from coal
West Virginia .......... 97 percent
Indiana ........... 95 percent
Wyoming ............ 95 percent
North Dakota ......... 94 percent
Kentucky ........... 92 percent
Utah ................. 89 percent
Ohio ................ 86 percent
Missouri ............... 85 percent
New Mexico ........ 80 percent
Iowa ................ 76 percent
Other states
Kansas ............... 73 percent
Georgia ............... 63 percent
North Carolina ............... 60 percent
Pennsylvania ............... 56 percent
Illinois ............... 48 percent
South Carolina .............. 40 percent
Mississippi ............... 39 percent
Texas ............... 37 percent
Florida ............... 29 percent
Alaska ...............9 percent
Washington ............... 6 percent
California ...............1 percent
Idaho ............... 1 percent
Source: American Coalition for Clean Coal Electricity

qh4dotcom
05-15-2009, 09:07 AM
I live in West Virginia. I have a fixed income and barely get by as it is. :mad:

Why limit yourself to a fixed income? There's so much opportunity to make additional money in this country.

CUnknown
05-15-2009, 09:49 AM
If they are proposing a carbon tax as a means to raise additional revenue (an extra tax), then they are doing it wrong. The carbon tax proposal should also include an equal amount of tax breaks in other areas to offset it.

But, I wasn't aware that they were proposing a carbon tax. Do you mean cap and trade? That's slightly different. In that case, they would only have to buy the carbon credits if they go over the limit, and the limit will likely be set far too high to actually accomplish anything. But even then, there should be an equivalent amount of corporate tax breaks to offset the amount that they would have to buy in credits.

The point of a carbon tax isn't to raise money but to encourage green energy and efficiency. If they are trying to raise money, it is just another bullsh*t tax.