PDA

View Full Version : Need a reference for TARP vote resistance

metamars
05-14-2009, 08:03 PM
I had read a report about Congressman's constituents writing against TARP legislation by a ratio of hundreds to 1. I can't find any references, though.

Does anybody have any? I am writing a segment for my new website, democracyABC.org (http://www.democracyABC.org), and I can't find this, after an hour and a half of googling.

hillertexas
05-14-2009, 09:28 PM
bump...

TechnoMage
05-14-2009, 10:29 PM
I also read an article that said that the calls to the capital hill switchboard during the runup to this piece of legislation was more than 100 to 1 against it.

...how does this stuff pass if these elected officials are "representing" we the people?

metamars
05-16-2009, 07:08 AM
I also read an article that said that the calls to the capital hill switchboard during the runup to this piece of legislation was more than 100 to 1 against it.

...how does this stuff pass if these elected officials are "representing" we the people?

Thanks. I vaguely recall a figure like 600 to 1. The problem is, I can't remember where I read it....

hillertexas
05-16-2009, 07:22 AM
I think I remember a representative saying it on the house or senate floor...can't remember which, but it was a woman.