PDA

View Full Version : 10 for 10

UtahApocalypse
05-14-2009, 07:22 PM
I got to thinking. Lets Push 10 Candidates in 2010. This way the funds are not diluted among too many candidates and states. We can select and work on campaigns for each region.

1st of 10 - Rand Paul

RonPaulFanInGA
05-14-2009, 07:28 PM
Isn't ten too many? I'd rather one candidate get five million than ten different candidates receive 500,000.

StudentForPaul08
05-14-2009, 07:28 PM
Lonegan in NJ? maybe if Schiff runs? or if Kokesh runs?

UtahApocalypse
05-14-2009, 07:34 PM
Isn't ten too many? I'd rather one candidate get five million than ten different candidates receive 500,000.

I was thinking more each gets 5 million

Lonegan in NJ? maybe if Schiff runs? or if Kokesh runs?

Schiff or Kokesh would be good.

Original_Intent
05-14-2009, 07:39 PM
I agree that we need to focus on a few candidates and Rand appears to be a standout as an early candidate for the list.

That being said, I would like to see what our options are in 2010 before we settle on a set number. Each candidate needs to be evaluated on several criteria (at least in my book)

1. Electability - what I mean is, if someone is running in a race against an incumbent that always wins overwhelmingly may not be a good use of funds What I DON'T mean is electability according to what the MSM calls electable.

2. Have they ever held office before, and if they have, did they walk the walk?

3. Other considerations?

I mean if we managed to have 20 solid RPR candidates and they were running in races that they had a decent chance, why would we restrict ourselves to 10. OTOH, if we only have 5 solid candidates, I would rather focus on those 5 than to spread money to marginal candidates. I do like the idea of starting a list and agree that Rand is a GREAT choice to top it.

Imperial
05-14-2009, 08:11 PM
Rand, Schiff, and Kokesh seem like the top three candidates we have with a shot- in that order.

I would say Medina in Texas, but with Kinky in the race it screws up the voters plus with Perry's right turn. In the end I think Medina splits votes with Perry and Kinky, leaving Hutchison an easy primary victory. But I am going to be participating in a simulation of the gubernatorial Texas race in June so we'll see at that point.

Roxi
05-14-2009, 08:29 PM
sounds a lot like our liberty straw poll last year.... same concept anyway.... sounds good, I wonder if it would be possible to get one from every state at some point, but the sound of 10in2010 sounds good, maybe someone could grab that website 10in2010.com real fast...

sort of do a liberty straw poll to determine the top 10.... would need volunteers for website design, volunteer coordination, financial, PAC experts, boots on the ground in the determined states, vetters, etc

UtahApocalypse
05-14-2009, 08:44 PM
sounds a lot like our liberty straw poll last year.... same concept anyway.... sounds good, I wonder if it would be possible to get one from every state at some point, but the sound of 10in2010 sounds good, maybe someone could grab that website 10in2010.com real fast...

sort of do a liberty straw poll to determine the top 10.... would need volunteers for website design, volunteer coordination, financial, PAC experts, boots on the ground in the determined states, vetters, etc

Your thinking in my head now :)

ClayTrainor
05-14-2009, 08:47 PM
Rand, Schiff, and Kokesh sounds like a pretty dynamic trio to me :D

10 candidates is a little much, and our support will be too spread out. imo :o

TastyWheat
05-14-2009, 10:04 PM
Yeah, this sounds like a good idea. Incumbents always have the advantage so we need to get our foot in the door. I didn't do any campaigning for anyone in my area. I didn't even like the Libertarian candidates. I did phone calls for BJ Lawson and I'd do the same for any candidate anywhere.