PDA

View Full Version : CNN "Dangers Of Highly Potent Marijuana"

Reason
05-14-2009, 05:20 PM
YouTube - CNN Reports: "Dangers Of Highly Potent Marijuana" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SAsiKTJQU8)

ZOMG IM SCARED OF GOOD WEED!

dannno
05-14-2009, 05:26 PM
Wow, so decreasing the amount of plant material one needs to burn in order to achieve the same results is unhealthy?

A patient who only smokes 1 gram of cannabis a day is more unhealthy than one who has to smoke 2 or 3 grams of less potent medicine?

Spinach that has high concentrations of nutrients should be illegal too.. wouldn't want to get my daily value of nutrients from a few leaves of spinach when I could be buying nutrients in pill form from big pharma..

This is one of those things that completely ignorant people will continue to parrot.

Uriel999
05-14-2009, 05:35 PM
Wow, so decreasing the amount of plant material one needs to burn in order to achieve the same results is unhealthy?

A patient who only smokes 1 gram of cannabis a day is more unhealthy than one who has to smoke 2 or 3 grams of less potent medicine?

Spinach that has high concentrations of nutrients should be illegal too.. wouldn't want to get my daily value of nutrients from a few leaves of spinach when I could be buying nutrients in pill form from big pharma..

This is one of those things that completely ignorant people will continue to parrot.

And lets be really honest, if it is REALLY good weed, chances are you'll only smoke 1/2 a gram.

cheapseats
05-14-2009, 05:37 PM
l

CCNN: CORPORATE COMMUNIST NEWS NETWORK

stag15
05-14-2009, 05:41 PM
This is kind of like the EPA debate on emissions. Cars put out less emissions now, but we have to burn more gas to get there.

cheapseats
05-14-2009, 06:02 PM
This is kind of like the EPA debate on emissions. Cars put out less emissions now, but we have to burn more gas to get there.

In my world, it does NOT take more of better weed to get to the same place.

cheapseats
05-14-2009, 06:06 PM
I would remind my gullible, complacent, fearful countrymen that the District of Columbia, whatever the hell THAT is, passed EMERGENCY LEGISLATION so that bars could stay open later so that people could guzzle more booze over The Great Non-White Hope's inauguration.

Uriel999
05-14-2009, 06:07 PM
lol, the only things endangered by "highly potent marijuana" are doritos, candies and other snack foods.

Bruno
05-14-2009, 06:09 PM

Exactly. This is where their propaganda falls apart, but yours is the question that never gets asked by the media.

MSM just spits out the government report and never asks questions.

Higher potency is a good thing, not a bad thing.

Tag line is "more dangerous to kids".

Well, then dont' sell it to kids. 'nuff said.

Bacardi 151 is more potent than a glass of wine, but both are for sale, and illegal to sell to kids.

cheapseats
05-14-2009, 06:12 PM
exactly. This is where their propaganda falls apart, but yours is the question that never gets asked by the media.

Msm just spits out the government report and never asks questions.

Bacardi 151 is more potent than a glass of wine, but both are for sale, and illegal to sell to kids.

For whom does this not resonate as truth?

silverhawks
05-14-2009, 06:12 PM
Going to love to see how Obama reacts to this and the 'Hitler Scout' stories; that is, if the White House Press corps are allowed to grow a pair and actually call him on actual issues rather than his wife's hair or which dog he's going to choose.

brandon
05-14-2009, 06:14 PM
lol @ how they call it "dope"

Todd
05-14-2009, 06:17 PM
More potent to me means that now one may have the craving for 3 bags of Cheetoes instead of just one.

Uriel999
05-14-2009, 06:20 PM
More potent to me means that now one may have the craving for 3 bags of Cheetoes instead of just one.

So legalized ganja pulls the snack food industry out of the recession! :D

Dark_Horse_Rider
05-14-2009, 06:33 PM
From the opening statement " Marijuana is far more potent now than it was a generation ago " got to call bullshit.

Ask some of these kids parents if the Thai, Colombian, etc wasn't far more potent than most stuff they see today.

This report is highly misleading at best, and if all factors for the reported increase of thc are taken into account, one sees their bullshit for what it is.

lucius
05-14-2009, 06:35 PM
If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.

~ Thomas Jefferson

"When we give government the power to make medical decisions for us, we, in essence, accept that the state owns our bodies."

~U.S. Representative Ron Paul

jkr
05-14-2009, 07:05 PM
HA HA HA HA...HA HA

HA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...bullshit

satchelmcqueen
05-14-2009, 07:21 PM
and alcohol is legal? Everclear anyone??? $16 a bottle. will knock you on your ass and then some even when diluted 1-5 mixture.

now how in the hell is mj illegal??

Working Poor
05-14-2009, 07:30 PM
lol, the only things endangered by "highly potent marijuana" are doritos, candies and other snack foods.

So get the snack food people behind the movement to legalize. They have plenty of money and I am sure they want more. Write them letters.

Danke
05-14-2009, 07:34 PM
I hate mj smokers.

(I'm just jealous about today's potency).

:(

zach
05-14-2009, 07:41 PM
I never hear of anyone complaining of the high potency..
Most of what I hear from people around is that it's just not good anymore.
And I'm not even around that many people with that in mind.

It'd be safer and more beneficial to the user to have a high potency so it will last longer with good effects.

Do you want to pay for a 2 liter bottle of coke from a private company that has excellent quality in taste, or would you rather get a 6 pack from Walmart that has diminished quality but maybe a little more than you'd like to have?

I'd take the 2 liter if I was able.

JeNNiF00F00
05-14-2009, 07:41 PM
This kind of shit infuriates me. Working Poor I think I am going to take your suggestion and write some letters.

asimplegirl
05-14-2009, 07:51 PM

LOL!

Dr. Pepper and strawberry and whipped cream waffles used to be my munchy of choice. :D

(Sometimes I still have to eat it at 3 am, just for nostalgic value.)

Bruno
05-14-2009, 07:52 PM
Just had this segment on Anderson Cooper. Sanja Gupta is going to be on after the break, most likely to spew some govt. B.S. from a 30 year old propaganda brochure.

"It may"

"It should"

"It could"

"Its hard to say"

"It seems to show.."

He was mostly fair, but when he criticised it had nothing concrete to stand on but "maybe"

LATruth
05-14-2009, 08:31 PM
This is bullshit.

I'm going to "tweet" my dealer and tell him to stop bringing me the good shit, it's dangerous. :cool:

ClayTrainor
05-14-2009, 08:42 PM
This is bullshit.

I'm going to "tweet" my dealer and tell him to stop bringing me the good shit, it's dangerous. :cool:

Back to the Schwag for me too :p

Can't risk it man.

LibertyRevolution
05-14-2009, 09:14 PM
Sometimes...the government...and their media...make my brain hurt.

Valli6
05-14-2009, 09:20 PM
:rolleyes: They never get tired of that tactic.

From the opening statement " Marijuana is far more potent now than it was a generation ago " got to call bullshit.
Ask some of these kids parents if the Thai, Colombian, etc wasn't far more potent than most stuff they see today.
Agree! I don't know why the media keeps pushing this notion that today's marijuana has a potency that never existed before. I remember "Columbian Red" that had you near-trippin. Of course, there was also some really crappy stuff being sold too - I don't think anyone bothers selling crap nowadays. Maybe they're going by an average? Anyway kids, don't you believe it!

BuddyRey
05-14-2009, 11:30 PM
What the Hell does it matter that pot is better now than it was 30 years ago?

People will just smoke less!

Isn't that a good thing? After all, less inhalation means less tar, less carbon monoxide, etc. It seems to me like we should be celebrating this news!!! :D

TastyWheat
05-15-2009, 09:10 AM
Dangers? They pretty much only said you might freak out if you smoked too much.

zach
05-15-2009, 09:14 AM
Dangers? They pretty much only said you might freak out if you smoked too much.

It'd be like this:

"OMG, I just realized that life is far less scary than what Sanja tells me!"

:D

Dr.3D
05-15-2009, 09:24 AM
Just had this segment on Anderson Cooper. Sanja Gupta is going to be on after the break, most likely to spew some govt. B.S. from a 30 year old propaganda brochure.

"It may"

"It should"

"It could"

"Its hard to say"

"It seems to show.."

He was mostly fair, but when he criticised it had nothing concrete to stand on but "maybe"

This is the problem, they are always talking about what might happen, rather than what will happen. They use this tactic all the time for almost anything they don't want to allow.

dannno
05-15-2009, 09:31 AM
Agree! I don't know why the media keeps pushing this notion that today's marijuana has a potency that never existed before. I remember "Columbian Red" that had you near-trippin. Of course, there was also some really crappy stuff being sold too - I don't think anyone bothers selling crap nowadays. Maybe they're going by an average? Anyway kids, don't you believe it!

Ya, they're probably going by average.. and I agree, from what I've heard from others I know from that time there was most certainly potent sensimilla out there.

I mean, just watch a cheech and chong movie, they used to talk about potent herb all the time.. and then they'd turn around and make fun of the stuff that wasn't very potent.

tggroo7
05-15-2009, 09:47 AM
Exactly. This is where their propaganda falls apart, but yours is the question that never gets asked by the media.

MSM just spits out the government report and never asks questions.

Ex-fucking-actly

ghengis86
05-15-2009, 09:53 AM
if CNN can point to one, simply one case, where a person over dosed and died on 'highly potent' marijuana, I will never speak in favor of MJ again.

drink too much alcohol, you die. hell, even drinking too much water will kill you. you could smoke MJ from now until you died and THC would never kill you. If you ate brownies, you wouldn't even have to worry about lung complications.

this is sooooooo stupid

specsaregood
05-15-2009, 10:17 AM
./

Brian4Liberty
05-15-2009, 10:54 AM
Not sure what the issue is here about the report. They are doing a chemical analysis and finding higher THC levels. They are saying more kids are going to the hospital (no doubt for panic attacks). Seems pretty straight forward.

I am all for education, but not for government regulation.

Tell kids that a common side effect of marijuana is a panic attack and possibly permanent mental problems.

Tell kids that a common side effect of shrooms and acid is a panic attack and possibly permanent mental problems.

Tell kids that a common side effect of alcohol is doing stupid things, and possible long term mental problems, liver problems and death from overdose.

Other warnings apply for all other drugs, illegal or legal. How many prescription drugs on tv include a warning about possible death?

No big deal.

On a side note, back in the day, there was a lot of shake and leaves. The majority of people were not even smoking bud...pretty mild shit.

asimplegirl
05-15-2009, 11:12 AM
Found this on wiki answers, still haven't found one death form marihuana overdose...I have found some deaths where people have done stupid crap and died while on marijuana, though:

There is a common misstatement that it is not possible to overdose on marijuana.

In 1999 there were over 180 documented marijuana overdoses in which the person had not consumed any other drug. There were nearly 700 if you include people who overdosed on marijuana that had also taken other drugs. These are not overdoses on the other drugs they were taking. The effects of a marijauna overdose are very different from the effects of overdosing on other drugs. There is no reliable source to corroborate this statement, nor can I produce even one death certificate with "marijuana overdose" listed. So hopefully you don't question the figures

The symptoms of a marijuana overdose (or often just a normal dose) are: Rapid heart rate, Breathing Difficulty, Paranoia, Disorientation, Delerium, Hangover (during recovery), Hallucination, panic attack and Respiratory System Failure(lethal overdoses). Many people may not recognize the symptoms of an overdose as being an overdose. Many overdoses can and do go untreated. People continue to use marijuana and may at some point raise the level of THC to the point that their respiratory system shuts down resulting in death. This level is going to be different for each individual. Some people smoke for the first time, think they are dying, and call 911. This does not count.

It is easier to overdose on marijuana if you are taking other drugs. The easiest way to overdose is what is called the synergestis effect also known as the additive effect. This is when two drugs of similiar nature are taken near the same time. The next would be the speedball effect. This is when two drugs of unassociated natures are taken near the same time. There is also the cumulative effect which is when a person overdoses on multiple doses of the same drug.

The most common way people overdose on marijuana by the cumulative effect is when an individual smokes large amounts of marijuana on a regular basis for a number of years. The level of THC in the blood continues to increase, until the respiratory system shuts down resulting in death. Even though studies have shown that this does not happen at all and, in fact, is totally made up.

Marijana is not a medical approved drug and therefore has not been given an LD-50. LD-50 is the amount of a drug that is lethal to 50% of tested people. Yes, medical testing of drugs is done on humans. This has been the case since the 1962 Kefauver-Harris Act.

I have a BA in Social Science with a minor in Addiction Studies, and am working on a Master's in Counseling and a Graduate Certificate in Addiction Studies.

dannno
05-15-2009, 11:24 AM
Found this on wiki answers, still haven't found one death form marihuana overdose...I have found some deaths where people have done stupid crap and died while on marijuana, though:

I have a BA in Social Science with a minor in Addiction Studies, and am working on a Master's in Counseling and a Graduate Certificate in Addiction Studies.

There is no reliable source to corroborate this statement, nor can I produce even one death certificate with "marijuana overdose" listed. So hopefully you don't question the figures

I'm sorry, I don't believe a word of that person's post. They also said there is a marijuana hangover.. the marijuana "hangover" is one of the most pleasant experiences known to man. If you've ever had a hangover from alcohol, you know that it is one of the LEAST pleasant experiences known to man. This tells you a great deal about the toxicity of the substance.

Fail.

LATruth
05-15-2009, 11:53 AM
IIRC that 3500yr old stash for some ancient shaman they found in china a few months back was analyzed and while the THC content was not as high as modern day bud, the content of some of the other cannabinoids was MUCH higher than the modern average.

I would pay TOP dollar for some ancient shaman bud.:eek:

Uriel999
05-15-2009, 12:04 PM
So get the snack food people behind the movement to legalize. They have plenty of money and I am sure they want more. Write them letters.

Not a bad idea.

LOL!

Dr. Pepper and strawberry and whipped cream waffles used to be my munchy of choice. :D

(Sometimes I still have to eat it at 3 am, just for nostalgic value.)

mmmmmm sounds delicious.

specsaregood
05-15-2009, 12:24 PM
I would pay TOP dollar for some ancient shaman bud.:eek:

I was wrong it was only 2,700 yrs old.
For those interested, here is a link to the .pdf of the chemical analysis that was done on it.
http://jxb.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/reprint/59/15/4171.pdf

Interesting quote from it:

While an earlier publication (Jiang et al., 2006) emphasized
morphological features in identifying the cannabis, the
current study used additional botanical, phytochemical, and
genetic investigations to demonstrate that this cannabis was
psychoactive and probably cultivated for medicinal or
divinatory purposes.

asimplegirl
05-15-2009, 12:40 PM
Not a bad idea.

mmmmmm sounds delicious.

Actually, had this for breakfast this morning, sans the DP.

Homemade strawberry syrup, homemade whipped cream, homemade pancakes, tal and fluffy. Was yummy. :)

JeNNiF00F00
05-15-2009, 12:45 PM
This article made me wanna try some. Now I want waffles and fried chicken. What do I do? We have no waffles and fried chicken.

dannno
05-15-2009, 12:50 PM
This article made me wanna try some. Now I want waffles and fried chicken. What do I do? We have no waffles and fried chicken.

Plant some wheat, buy a cow, buy some small chickens and chickenfeed. You'll have it in a few months.

You don't have a Rosco's there? We got Rosco's in Southern California, and I know I've been to one in Georgia.

asimplegirl
05-15-2009, 12:57 PM
No chicken and waffle places here either. LOL.

That's stereotypical "southern black" food... people don't REALLY eat like that down here. :)

Waffles aren't even that common in the deep south, pancakes, yes...but not waffles unless they are the eggo variety. Now, chicken and watermelon? That is rampant, as the watermelond grows rampant, and the fried chicken is a big southern thing- fits into all socio-economic classes.

JeNNiF00F00
05-15-2009, 01:00 PM
Plant some wheat, buy a cow, buy some small chickens and chickenfeed. You'll have it in a few months.

You don't have a Rosco's there? We got Rosco's in Southern California, and I know I've been to one in Georgia.

no roscoes here. I just leggoed your eggo though.:D

JeNNiF00F00
05-15-2009, 01:03 PM
No chicken and waffle places here either. LOL.

That's stereotypical "southern black" food... people don't REALLY eat like that down here. :)

Waffles aren't even that common in the deep south, pancakes, yes...but not waffles unless they are the eggo variety. Now, chicken and watermelon? That is rampant, as the watermelond grows rampant, and the fried chicken is a big southern thing- fits into all socio-economic classes.

I'm white and southern and have had lots of waffles and fried chicken. We also go thru like 3-4 seedless watermelons a week in this house during the summer. :D

asimplegirl
05-15-2009, 01:04 PM
Hey, man I have had PLENTY chicken and tons of watermelon...but no waffles and chicken.
Oh, and I am white and southern...white trash to the bone, if you wanna get down to it. :D

Ninja Homer
05-15-2009, 01:28 PM
What a crappy, misleading story. They didn't say one thing about how it was more dangerous. The scientist just said that it may make first time users "more paranoid and more irritable". Those aren't dangers... IMHO, the only reason people may get paranoid and irritable from marijuana is because it's illegal and they're afraid they'll get caught.

LATruth
05-15-2009, 01:39 PM
http://jxb.oxfordjournals.org/content/vol59/issue15/images/medium/jexbotern260f02_4c.gif

pics of shaman weed

heavenlyboy34
05-15-2009, 02:06 PM
So, the media distorts the truth. Who knew? :eek: ;) lolz!

akihabro
05-15-2009, 05:14 PM
Yes the junk food industry would crash if pot was not available. I'm sure experienced users don't adjust their intake and inexperienced users don't smoke enough. Haha I'm pretty liberal with pot even though I don't smoke.

I bet a majority of these people are in drug rehab because they got caught by the police of feds. This thread didn't take long to start talking about food lol.

Bruno
05-15-2009, 05:21 PM
What a crappy, misleading story. They didn't say one thing about how it was more dangerous. The scientist just said that it may make first time users "more paranoid and more irritable". Those aren't dangers... IMHO, the only reason people may get paranoid and irritable from marijuana is because it's illegal and they're afraid they'll get caught.

+1 big fat bowl of sticky green stuff

dannno
05-15-2009, 05:25 PM
http://jxb.oxfordjournals.org/content/vol59/issue15/images/medium/jexbotern260f02_4c.gif

pics of shaman weed

Interesting.

FYI, the optimal time to harvest cannabis for maximum THC content is when there are approximately 10% red THC heads, and 90% white/clear. You actually put a microscope up to your harvest, and there is about a 5-8 day window where the THC content is at its peak.

You can see the red heads in the above samples, they seem to be about 50% or so by bulk, and about 30% of the visible heads. In the initial stages, the heads are clear, then turn milky white (at their most potent stage) and then red signals a degradation of the THC. So when about 10% have begun to degrade, the plant is at its maximum potency with the biggest abundance of opaque, white heads.

So what I get from that is that this "shaman herb" has a lot of degraded THC, which could explain why the results came in so low. I imagine thousands of years could do that to THC in cured buds, never know. Could also be that they harvested late and this increases the CBDs, or could be the evolution of herb.

dannno
05-15-2009, 05:29 PM
Usually looks something like this under the microscope if you are growing properly:

http://www.greenpassion.org/1529_files/sp7r500w.jpg

Bruno
05-15-2009, 06:26 PM
Beautiful ^ :D

did anyone see the panel discussion on CNN just now? I just caught the last 60 seconds. A few callers had good points to say about decriminalization, then some hack spewed some crap and the panel laughed the whole thing off, saying, "We all know nobody in Washington is going to touch this willl all the things this administration has to worry about. They don't want people to think they are voting to give pot to kids (30 year old argument) haha" and they all laughed it off. Just like Obama did.

Boo CNN Boo for half-assing that segment and not giving the subject the seriousness it deserves. Half a million people will be arrested for marijuana possession in 2009, and many of them are patients using it for medicine.

Dark_Horse_Rider
05-15-2009, 07:15 PM
I can't believe people still watch their propaganda machine.

Uriel999
05-15-2009, 07:23 PM
Actually, had this for breakfast this morning, sans the DP.

Homemade strawberry syrup, homemade whipped cream, homemade pancakes, tal and fluffy. Was yummy. :)

Tell ya what, I'm coming over, I'll bring the baggy of dank goodness and you make the pancakes. :D

pics of shaman weed

Dude there are still crystals on that shit. Hellz yah! I'd smoke it!

asimplegirl
05-15-2009, 07:27 PM
Tell ya what, I'm coming over, I'll bring the baggy of dank goodness and you make the pancakes. :D

It would be an experience as I haven't done anything since I was about 18, and hubby hasn't since he was in his early twenties. LOL.

I wouldn't know what to do with myself. :)

(Primus- Laquerhead in the background is not helping the urge.LOL)

theinlawjosie
05-15-2009, 07:42 PM
It would be an experience as I haven't done anything since I was about 18, and hubby hasn't since he was in his early twenties. LOL.

I wouldn't know what to do with myself. :)

(Primus- Laquerhead in the background is not helping the urge.LOL)

Primus! Awesome! :D

I bet you would have a blast if you did, nothing beats listening to Claypool slap and pop and pluck his bass while under the influence of some good ole ganja. And weed doesn't set your skull on fire. ;)

asimplegirl
05-15-2009, 07:47 PM
LOL @ setting your skull on fire.

(I know but one desire?)

:D

bTW, I am now listening to Steve Riley..this one to be exact:

YouTube - Steve Riley and the Mamou Playboys (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ht5zgNIxFvE&feature=channel_page)

(Hubby is playing along to the mp3 on his accordion beside me, and he actually filmed that video)

LATruth
05-15-2009, 08:00 PM
Fuck, now I need to get baked and break out "Frizzle Fry"... :cool:

asimplegirl
05-15-2009, 08:49 PM
I thought this was related enough to ask here. In another forum, with only conservative housewives, we are discussing legalizing marijuana. Some agree that it's just stupid and should be taken off the books, but others say things like this:

Originally Posted by blondemama
I agree they should let it be legal for medical but not recreational. It sends the wrong message. Since it doesn't have as nasty of side effects as alcohol or smoking cigs people get too addicted to it before they realize the side affects. My little sister is one of them and it has taken her 10 yrs to figure out this seemingly innocent drugs affect. Its nasty side: drains her extra money, she has developed a group of friends that are all stoners and she is having a hard time making new ones(she is 27), she has no hobbies b/c she wasted so much energy being high and brain dead, her fiancé is as addicted as she is and that is becoming an issue, she doesn't want to have kids if this is still part of their life but she and he can't quit, she is realizing that not "everyone is doing it" and those who don't look down on those who do, it's starting to make her paranoid and gives her headaches and jitters when she tries to quit.
Sorry about the rant, it just tears me up that my beautiful, otherwise healthy, has so much potential little sister has been sucked into this VERY unattractive world of heavy pot users. It's sad because i remember her starting it when she was about 12 or 13 and telling my parents and they ignored it thinking "we tried it when we were younger" and they could of saved her so much pain and heartache by not being "cool" about it. Anyway...

WTH do you say to people like that to make them know it is okay? I don't even believe in pot addiction first of all. You know?

So, anyway, what do I tell them now?

Valli6
05-15-2009, 09:05 PM
THC content is only one factor in "getting high" or even pain relief. I am of the opinion that many breeders have put too much emphasis on increasing THC content at the cost of losing the concentration of many of the other cannabinoids that cause different effects on the body. So in reality many of the older strains may have been more "powerful" based on how you are judging the effects.This makes sense to me.
I've always heard that breeding any plant to bring out a specific quality, can mean sacrificing some other desirable quality. Like when an apple has been cultivated to look more visually appealing (redder), it might not taste as good. Or a particular flower in a new color, might loose it's fragrance. I hope there is some old hippie out there maintaining a seedbank of heirloom varieties from the mid-seventies!

surf
05-15-2009, 09:18 PM
Jeanne Meserve
Homeland Security Correspondent

oh no, good weed. threat level green.

"they will get paranoid, they will get irritable, they will get hungry, they may giggle...." nice to know the government picked such an open minded guy to grow their pot. i bet he's jealous that others grow much better pot.

LATruth
05-16-2009, 12:20 AM
I thought this was related enough to ask here. In another forum, with only conservative housewives, we are discussing legalizing marijuana. Some agree that it's just stupid and should be taken off the books, but others say things like this:

WTH do you say to people like that to make them know it is okay? I don't even believe in pot addiction first of all. You know?

Pot in and of itself is not addictive, but people do have addictive personalities and often resort to a vice for escapism. I was that way for long time, if something bothered me, large or small, I would smoke a fattie and it would be all good. Instead addressing the issues with the source of the problem (which is way more satisfying) I would be passive aggressive about it and get high. IMO that's worse than physical addiction.

However, this is not an argument against legalization, I chose weed. Some choose video games, some choose gardening, some choose alcohol, anything besides confrontation and communication.

werdd
05-16-2009, 05:28 AM
Maybe some of the old timers on these forums can attest to this, but i have always heard that the weed today is NOTHING compared to what you could get in the 70s/early 80s.

LATruth
05-16-2009, 11:13 AM
Maybe some of the old timers on these forums can attest to this, but i have always heard that the weed today is NOTHING compared to what you could get in the 70s/early 80s.

Normal mexican brick pooh weed is nothing compared to the regular herbs I used to score as a kid. So, in that respect its true. However, with crossbreeding, the kindbud is definitely more potent.

dannno
05-16-2009, 12:16 PM

In addition to what LA Truth said, it's also important to note that herb IS in fact very expensive, but that is due to the fact that it is illegal. Her sister has probably wasted a good $20,000-40,0000 over 15 years just in premiums for the fact that it is illegal. If it were legal, imagine what she could have done with that money? Down payment on a house? Potentially less interest payments on credit cards, etc?

The fact is she would be able to live her life more sustainably.

If she really wanted to quit to have a kid or something, she could do it. If she hasn't then it is because she doesn't really want to.