PDA

View Full Version : Now its Gingrich turn

Johnnybags
09-20-2007, 01:50 PM
Gingrich wants $30 million to run

Freddy T is sounding like a death prattle so the desperate Repubs look to Newt? Who is next, Homer Simpson?

Dustancostine
09-20-2007, 01:52 PM
Where is he going to get it?

Maybe the Fed can print it up for him.

ne1buthilary
09-20-2007, 01:52 PM
how much did deathbed fred raise in his "testing the waters" period?

davidhperry
09-20-2007, 01:53 PM

Where are you hearing this?

ne1buthilary
09-20-2007, 01:54 PM
front page of yahoo.. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070920/ap_po/gingrich2008

i also just saw it on cnn i believe

Green Mountain Boy
09-20-2007, 01:54 PM
God help us

devil21
09-20-2007, 01:55 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070920/ap_po/gingrich2008

Slugg
09-20-2007, 01:55 PM

Freddy T is sounding like a death prattle so the desperate Repubs look to Newt? Who is next, Homer Simpson?

I view it as a good sign. It shows desperation and confusion in the Republican party. To me, that's the signs of change. If it's for the better or not remains to be seen.

JMann
09-20-2007, 01:58 PM
Newt is no Ron Paul but he is choice two for me.

angelatc
09-20-2007, 01:59 PM
This reminds me of Oral Roberts, the preacher that said if he didn't get 8 million in donations, then God was going to take him home.

He was coming up short of the day of reckoning, then some darned fool up and donated the shortage.

ctb619
09-20-2007, 02:00 PM

you must be joking

Zydeco
09-20-2007, 02:02 PM
Newt is just more CFR trash. Slugg is right, this is a sign that the establishment is very, very worried.

:D :D :D

JMann
09-20-2007, 02:15 PM
you must be joking

Nope. There is no one even close to Paul but Newt is a least a very smart person with a firm grasp of history. There is no Democrat that I would vote for for president as I do not want to become a slave to the state and every other Republican in the race doesn't seem to have an original thought.

The LP will probably put up an unqualified candidate in the mold of Brown and Badnarik. For some reason the LP can not get someone that has actually held a significant office and will turn 33% of US population that like libertarianism into less than 1% of the vote.

ctb619
09-20-2007, 02:18 PM
Newt Gingrich supports military interventionism and the curtailing of civil liberties in the name of the war on terrorism. He has some great rhetoric about limited government, but when it came time to put up or shut up as speaker of the house he compromised his principles. I will not vote for the lesser of two evils.

Elwar
09-20-2007, 02:19 PM
One poll (ya, I know..) I saw a while ago had all of the candidates and Ron Paul had a decent showing in one of the side polls...then they threw Gingrich into the mix and that decent showing went away.

I think it was along the lines of, of the Independents 8% were for Ron Paul...but when they threw Gingrich into the mix that 8% went down to 1-2%.

Gingrich was the only candidate that hurt his percentage when thrown in.

Sure it's just a poll, but a lot of people probably see Gingrich as the guy who gave us the Contract with America, which was pre-neocon days.

LibertyEagle
09-20-2007, 02:21 PM
This reminds me of Oral Roberts, the preacher that said if he didn't get 8 million in donations, then God was going to take him home.

He was coming up short of the day of reckoning, then some darned fool up and donated the shortage.

Yeah, but when he did, he recommended Oral use part of the money to seek professional help. :)

Do you remember all the bumper stickers around that time?

"Send Oral to heaven in '87", wasn't it? I hope I got the year right.

LibertyEagle
09-20-2007, 02:22 PM
Sure it's just a poll, but a lot of people probably see Gingrich as the guy who gave us the Contract with America, which was pre-neocon days.

Yeah, and I don't get why they would still like him. He lied about the contract. He IS a liar. Why would anyone trust him again? He is the consummate insider.

kalami
09-20-2007, 02:22 PM
30m in a month and a half? What the hell is going on? Clinton, who is cleaning house in fund raising, just makes over that in 3 months.

paulitics
09-20-2007, 02:23 PM
gingrich would secure a win for Guiliani.

DjLoTi
09-20-2007, 02:24 PM
whats the infatuation with newt? I've always seen him to be a shady, tricky tool. people really fall for it.

this stunt is no different. he's not gonna raise 30 mil. lol. what, he's giving it like a month? yeah, ok. what a tool

RP4ME
09-20-2007, 02:30 PM

hes CFR and a 33degree mason - No thanks! He is also all over national ids against civil liberties!!!!!!!! Barf

DjLoTi
09-20-2007, 02:33 PM
lol yeah didn't he say something like 'the 1st amendment should be used a little less' or something? lol.. I can't believe the guy.

oh, believe me, my name is newt, i look old, talk soft, and know what's best. yeah, sorry but i can read through the BS. total trick.

aksmith
09-20-2007, 02:33 PM
Newt is just another fraud Neo-con. In fact, when asked which politician he admired most, he answered FDR. Any more questions about whether Newt is a lying sack of spit?

Oh, and didn't Newt try to oust Ron Paul from his House seat by campaigning for the Democrat turned Republican who opposed Dr. Paul?

How could Newt Gingrich be anyone's second choice to Ron Paul? In practical terms, if Ron Paul isn't elected we'd probably be better off having a democrat president. Because when a democrat is in the White House, we actually have a chance that the Republicans will behave like Republicans. With a Republican in the White House, the Republicans can once again be expected to act like Democrats.

LibertyEagle
09-20-2007, 02:34 PM
Not to mention he toured the country earlier this year saying that Free Speech should be limited.

He's a CFR jackass.

Dustancostine
09-20-2007, 02:34 PM
Sorry I would never vote for a Democrat. Not even Kucinich or Gravel.

jasonhlasvegas
09-20-2007, 02:35 PM
Newt's entry might actually fracture the primaries/caucuses even more. I see it as a potentially beneficial thing.

DjLoTi
09-20-2007, 02:36 PM
sounds like it would fracture potential RP supporters by this thread here...

austin356
09-20-2007, 02:41 PM
Isn't this the same guy who tried to force a bill that would give the death penalty for 2nd offense 2 ounce or more Marijuana?

Anyone who would try to institute capital punishment for pot is unqualified to be considered human, let alone President of the "free world".

JMann
09-20-2007, 02:41 PM
Ok you guys are good at pointing out what you don't like about Newt and putting a bunch of labels on him that mean nothing to the vast majority of voters. There is only one Ron Paul, never has anyone like him had a chance for a major party nomination. So who will you support if Paul isn't an option?

Will you throw away a vote on a third, fourth or fifth party candidate to prove a point. Regardless of what the LP tells you there is such a thing as a wasted vote.

DjLoTi
09-20-2007, 02:43 PM
So who will you support if Paul isn't an option?

personally, i'll be leaving the country.

austin356
09-20-2007, 02:44 PM
Ok you guys are good at pointing out what you don't like about Newt and putting a bunch of labels on him that mean nothing to the vast majority of voters. There is only one Ron Paul, never has anyone like him had a chance for a major party nomination. So who will you support if Paul isn't an option?

Will you throw away a vote on a third, fourth or fifth party candidate to prove a point. Regardless of what the LP tells you there is such a thing as a wasted vote.

Its like saying "Oh I will vote for Stalin over Hilter (or visa versa) cause Hitler is worse".

Evil is evil.

NPursuit357
09-20-2007, 02:44 PM

My M4.

ItsTime
09-20-2007, 02:48 PM
with him trying to raise 30 million means less money going to the top tier!! This is great news for Paul

Danny Molina
09-20-2007, 03:05 PM
He cheated on hs wife who was sick in the hospital fighting cancer. That says enough about him to me.

I don't trust any other republican that is running for presiden. They all make me sick.

JMann
09-20-2007, 03:10 PM
Its like saying "Oh I will vote for Stalin over Hilter (or visa versa) cause Hitler is worse".

Evil is evil.

Geezus let it go man, smoke a j and relax. you have become so delusional you are comparing American politicians, which are for the most part pretty incompetent, to the two biggest mass murderers in world history.

Who cares if he cheated on his wife, he probably didn't love her anyway. Who are you to tell someone who they should sleep with?

DjLoTi
09-20-2007, 03:14 PM
Well J, we all have our own opinions.

Danny Molina
09-20-2007, 03:16 PM
I'm not telling him who he should sleep with. I'm saying that he's a cold-blooded human being who doesn't care about anyone but himself. He'd probably screw the country over for his own personal gain.

austin356
09-20-2007, 03:16 PM
Geezus let it go man, smoke a j and relax. you have become so delusional you are comparing American politicians, which are for the most part pretty incompetent, to the two biggest mass murderers in world history.

Who cares if he cheated on his wife, he probably didn't love her anyway. Who are you to tell someone who they should sleep with?

I dont care he can sleep with anyone for what I care.

The comparison was not to compare reality but rather principle.

And to me pushing for the death penalty for pot smokers constitutes a level just below pushing for the death penalty for being Jewish.

aksmith
09-20-2007, 03:19 PM

There is definitely such a thing as a wasted vote. What will I do if Ron Paul isn't the candidate? I'll do what scares the Republicans and Democrats the most. I'll sit on my hands and not cast a vote for President. As I explained before, if Ron Paul isn't president, the best we can hope for is a democrat in the white house, to punish the Republicans for being a bunch of big, intrusive, warfare state government shills. And the practical effect would be a democratic president, who will not have a cloture-proof majority in the Senate, and who would likely lose the house in the next midterm election. Then the Republicans would have to play act that they actually want limited constitutional government for a while.

What I WILL NEVER DO is reward the welfare-warfare state Republican pretenders for doing everything they could to kill the only messenger of freedom in their party. Because rewarding that with a Gingrich vote or any other vote means they will do it to you for the rest of your life. Then it's welcome to Hannity world, where you no longer have a choice. Will you have your Hannity with a side of Limbaugh or a side of O'Reilly? It doesn't matter which you choose, sir, the price is exactly the same and you'll feel sick after your meal either way.

1000-points-of-fright
09-20-2007, 03:28 PM
Just vote Libertarian. That way when the country goes to hell you can say "don't blame me, I didn't vote for him/her". Plus, you can't be accused of not voting.

And if enough people vote 3rd party, even though they won't win, it will send a message to the Republicrats. What do you think would happen if the vote count was a relatively even 3 way split between GOP/Dems/3rd party?

mtmedlin
09-20-2007, 03:37 PM

You fail to understand that he did this while prosecuting an impeachment against clinton for doing the same damn thing. I wouldn't let it go that he is a scumbag who cheats on his ailing wife but the hypocacy takes it to an all new level.

noxagol
09-20-2007, 03:55 PM

My .308 chambered M4 will be my new leader, pointing me in bold new directions at super sonic speeds should the need arise.

JMann
09-20-2007, 03:58 PM
I'm not telling him who he should sleep with. I'm saying that he's a cold-blooded human being who doesn't care about anyone but himself. He'd probably screw the country over for his own personal gain.

He is cold blooded because he fucked someone. I guess that makes 90% of the people on this board cold blooded.

God Stop the crap about Clinton doing the same thing. Clinton committed lied under oath you dumb ass. That was his downfall, not because he got a hummer from his employee, which in most cases isn't ok either in societies eye.

Danny Molina
09-20-2007, 04:05 PM
He is cold blooded because he fucked someone. I guess that makes 90% of the people on this board cold blooded.

God Stop the crap about Clinton doing the same thing. Clinton committed lied under oath you dumb ass. That was his downfall, not because he got a hummer from his employee, which in most cases isn't ok either in societies eye.

You are a dumbass aren't you?

1. I never said anything about Clinton.

2. I don't care that he had sex with someone but he cheated on his wife at the time she was in the hospital with cancer.

Now, fuck off scum bag.

they walked in line
09-20-2007, 10:20 PM
Not to mention he toured the country earlier this year saying that Free Speech should be limited.

Yes.
If I remember correctly, he said that we need to "rethink" what the First Amendment entails in a post-9/11 environment. :rolleyes: