PDA

View Full Version : Wow Glenn Beck....Just Wow..

JasonC
05-14-2009, 03:20 PM
So, I am watching Glenn Beck when I hear him introduce his next segment. He starts out talking about a book that is "THE book to get" on our economy.

The book is called Animal Spirits. I've never heard of it, but when the authors come on for the interview, all I hear coming out of their mouths is hardcore Keynesian BS. And meanwhile, the entire time, Beck is touting the book and agreeing with these guys. He didn't say a peep about anything they said. Just when I was starting to come around to him: Fail!

Did anyone else see this? We should call him out and light up his email.

Someone post the youtube whenever/if it comes up.

ItsTime
05-14-2009, 03:25 PM
He has been saying its the book to get because he thinks we should be aware of how it and we are being used by the Obama admin. Not because the book is good.

ClayTrainor
05-14-2009, 03:26 PM
Beck's always been a fool.

Welcome to the "don't ever trust Beck club". :)

I'm not sure what exactly happened in the segment you're talking about though.

ItsTime
05-14-2009, 03:27 PM

Never trust an opening post ;)

The OP misunderstood WHY he thinks its the book to get.

purplechoe
05-14-2009, 03:30 PM
YouTube - Glenn Beck CNN Denounces Ron Paul & Supporters :: Nov 16th (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuM5ZSqet1s)

ItsTime
05-14-2009, 03:43 PM
youtube video

Thats called blowback.

We did pick a date that commemorates a terrorist.

I personally saw a member of Operation Live Free Or Die almost get into a fist fight with a motorist at a sign wave after the OLFD person threw a constitution at his moving truck. :mad:

You can not deny there are a lot of extreme thinkers that follower Ron Paul (just like every other politician) . MSM just chooses to see ours more.

purplechoe
05-14-2009, 03:45 PM
Thats called blowback.

I personally saw a member of Operation Live Free Or Die almost get into a fist fight with a motorist at a sign wave after the OLFD person threw a constitution at his moving truck. :mad:

You can not deny there are a lot of extreme thinkers that follower Ron Paul (just like every other politician) . MSM just chooses to see ours more.

So, you're a Beck fan?

PS. I think you're full of shit.

JasonC
05-14-2009, 03:46 PM
I understood him just fine. He said that he agrees with their theories about controling people. Beck just sat there the entire time and didn't say a thing when these guys were spewing nothing but interventionist BS. How can he always yell about the spending of the gov., but just sit there and say nothing and give them plugs when these guys are calling for the government to do massive intervention? Just wait for the youtube.

torchbearer
05-14-2009, 03:46 PM

This british government called fawkes a terrorist, the also called george washington a terrorist too.

ItsTime
05-14-2009, 03:48 PM
So, you're a Beck fan?

PS. I think you're full of shit.

No Im not a fan of Becks

You can think what you want. I have others that saw the same thing. The jack ass threw a constitution/Ron Paul DVD pack at a guys moving truck. The guy turned around and got in the OLFD guys face.

ItsTime
05-14-2009, 03:49 PM
This british government called fawkes a terrorist, the also called george washington a terrorist too.

True enough

specsaregood
05-14-2009, 03:51 PM

You don't have to go that far back in time.
FEMA calls our founding father's terrorists.
YouTube - HOME LAND SECURITY - FEMA calls Founding Fathers THE 1st TERRORIST ORGANIZATION IN THE U.S.A ! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBxepLmBspo)

torchbearer
05-14-2009, 03:54 PM
You don't have to go that far back in time.
FEMA calls our founding father's terrorists.
YouTube - HOME LAND SECURITY - FEMA calls Founding Fathers THE 1st TERRORIST ORGANIZATION IN THE U.S.A ! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBxepLmBspo)

tyrants can't stand patriots.

emazur
05-14-2009, 06:10 PM
http://www.economist.com/research/economics/alphabetic.cfm?letter=A
Animal spirits

The colourful name that keynes gave to one of the essential ingredients of economic prosperity: confidence. According to Keynes, animal spirits are a particular sort of confidence, "naive optimism". He meant this in the sense that, for entrepreneurs in particular, "the thought of ultimate loss which often overtakes pioneers, as experience undoubtedly tells us and them, is put aside as a healthy man puts aside the expectation of death". Where these animal spirits come from is something of a mystery. Certainly, attempts by politicians and others to talk up confidence by making optimistic noises about economic prospects have rarely done much good.

compromise
02-25-2013, 06:01 AM

Fawkes kind of was a terrorist.

TokenLibertarianGuy
02-25-2013, 07:50 AM

Blowing up the Palace of Westminster (parliament) and assassinating the king are pretty much textbook definitions of terrorism....

cajuncocoa
02-25-2013, 09:13 AM

I'm not sure what exactly happened in the segment you're talking about though.
Nah, he's coming around I tell ya!

LibertyEagle
02-25-2013, 09:26 AM
Nah, he's coming around I tell ya!

Responding to an over 3 year old post? :rolleyes:

acptulsa
02-25-2013, 09:27 AM
Responding to an over 3 year old post? :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A