PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Dollar now worth about a Dollar.

ChooseLiberty
09-20-2007, 01:43 PM
1 Canadian Dollar = 0.98706 US Dollar

US $ dropping like a brick.

Maybe we should just let the Mexicans have the US and move to Canada.

Original_Intent
09-20-2007, 02:13 PM
I am at lunch with a firend of mine today and I mention in passing that the dollar is about worth a Canadian dollar.

His response: "So what isn't that about what it always has been?"

Me: "No, a canadian dollar has been worth more like 80 cents US."

Him: Well, that's pretty close. Actually, it would probably be better if we just had a common currency with Canada. Not Mexico, but with Canada that would be a good thing I think.

Me: (jaw hitting floor)

Him: "Actually, we should probably just have North America be one nation, have us in control all the way down to the Panama Canal, it would make patrolling our borders a lot easier..."

I kid you not folks, I don't even know how to respond to someone that has ALREADY ACCEPTED and even supports what we are fighting so hard to stop...

And yes you can say I should have schooled him about sovereignty, etc etc, but we have had that conversation, the guy is a lost cause totally in hero-worship of Sean Hannity - it makes me wonder if the American people as a whole are worth fighting for, maybe it is time to just move elsewhere...:(

ChooseLiberty
09-20-2007, 02:19 PM
Brazil and Canada should both do well, except Canada may be merged.

Can you speak any Portuguese?

Tsoman
09-20-2007, 03:03 PM
Eu aprendi um pouco de português o semestre passado :)

MikeStanart
09-20-2007, 03:47 PM
No Habla Espanol.

Bryan
09-20-2007, 04:17 PM
Him: Well, that's pretty close. Actually, it would probably be better if we just had a common currency with Canada. Not Mexico, but with Canada that would be a good thing I think.

Me: (jaw hitting floor)

Him: "Actually, we should probably just have North America be one nation, have us in control all the way down to the Panama Canal, it would make patrolling our borders a lot easier..."

I kid you not folks, I don't even know how to respond to someone that has ALREADY ACCEPTED and even supports what we are fighting so hard to stop...

And yes you can say I should have schooled him about sovereignty, etc etc, but we have had that conversation, the guy is a lost cause totally in hero-worship of Sean Hannity - it makes me wonder if the American people as a whole are worth fighting for, maybe it is time to just move elsewhere...:(
:eek: Actually one way I bring up the NAU agenda is to casually ask "Who here is for or against the North American Union?" Blank stares are the cue to explain what is going on in somewhat neutral terms but with the obvious points that we're getting a raw deal. This seems to go over better than acting like it's some big, bad secret.

lucius
09-20-2007, 06:26 PM
:eek: Actually one way I bring up the NAU agenda is to casually ask "Who here is for or against the North American Union?" Blank stares are the cue to explain what is going on in somewhat neutral terms but with the obvious points that we're getting a raw deal. This seems to go over better than acting like it's some big, bad secret.

That is a good way...'Truth Be Tolled' slams it home, but all-in-all I think Texans are more aware than the rest of the states on NAU.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-20-2007, 10:24 PM
ha. USD is doing bad because you have greedy elitists controlling production!

Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes her laws.
Mayer Amschel Rothschild

Jewish bankers

Who controls Canada's money supply?