PDA

View Full Version : Pelosi Accuses CIA Of Lying To Congress

Reason
05-14-2009, 01:53 PM
YouTube - Pelosi Accuses CIA Of Lying To Congress (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYwZa8jvNp4)

angelatc
05-14-2009, 02:05 PM
It's almost too bad you can't get Swine Flu from botox.

torchbearer
05-14-2009, 02:19 PM
Pelosi may not want to piss of the shadows of the CIA. She may end up dead of a heart attack.

Original_Intent
05-14-2009, 02:31 PM
Pelosi may not want to piss of the shadows of the CIA. She may end up dead of a heart attack.

Wishful thinking.

slacker921
05-14-2009, 02:36 PM
I bet she gets outted for something within 6 months. Blago style.

Anti Federalist
05-14-2009, 02:40 PM
Congress was lied to about the reasons for the Iraq war as well.

So, MS Pelosi, I can assume that you will now be leading the charge in Congress to end the Iraq occupation, the shuffling of Gitmo prisoners off to other prisons without any charges, the flip flop of the Obama administration on releasing torture pictures and the increased presence in Afghanistan?

Oh...right...of course not.

surf
05-14-2009, 03:01 PM
A truth commission or truth and reconciliation commission is a commission tasked with discovering and revealing past wrongdoing by a government, in the hope of resolving conflict left over from the past. They are, under various names, occasionally set up by states emerging from periods of internal unrest, civil war, or dictatorship. South Africa's Truth and Reconciliation Commission, established by President Nelson Mandela after apartheid, is generally considered a model of Truth Commissions, rarely if ever[citation needed] achieved in other parts. As government reports, they can provide proof against historical revisionism of state terrorism and other crimes and human rights abuses. Truth commissions are sometimes criticised for allowing crimes to go unpunished, and creating impunity for serious human rights abusers. One of the difficult issues that has arisen over the role of truth commissions in transitional societies, has centered around what should be the relationship between truth commissions and criminal prosecutions.[1]

Truth Commission as defined by Wikipedia. "i have always been for a 'truth commission'" Rep Pelosi 11:34

dannno
05-14-2009, 03:40 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/05/14/graham-cia-gave-me-false_n_203683.html

Graham: CIA Gave Me False Information About Interrogation Briefings

In testimony that could bolster Speaker Nancy Pelosi's claim that the CIA misled her during briefings on detainee interrogations, former Senator Bob Graham insisted on Thursday that he too was kept in the dark about the use of waterboarding, and called the agency's records on these briefings "suspect."

In an interview with the Huffington Post, the former Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman said that approximately a month ago, the CIA provided him with false information about how many times and when he was briefed on enhanced interrogations.

"When this issue started to resurface I called the appropriate people in the agency and said I would like to know the dates from your records that briefings were held," Graham recalled. "And they contacted me and gave me four dates -- two in April '02 and two in September '02. Now, one of the things I do, and for which I have taken some flack, is keep a spiral notebook of what I do throughout the day. And so I went through my records and through a combination of my daily schedule, which I keep, and my notebooks, I confirmed and the CIA agreed that my notes where accurate; that three of those four dates there had been no briefing. There was only one day that I had been briefed, which was September the 27th of 2002."

As for the one briefing he did attend, the Florida Democrat said that he had "no recollection that issues such as waterboarding were discussed." He was not, per the sensitive nature of the matters discussed, allowed to take notes at the time. But he did highlight what he considered to be pretty strong proof that the controversial technique was not discussed.

"What struck me...was the fact that in that briefing, there were also two staff members," he said. "As you know, the general rule is that the executive is to brief the full committees of the House and Senate Intelligence committees about any ongoing or proposed action. The exception to that is what is called "covert action," where the president...only briefs the Gang of Eight, which is the four congressional leaders and the four intelligence committee leaders. Those sessions are generally conducted at an executive site, primarily at the White House itself. And they are conducted with just the authorized personnel, not with any staff or any other member of the committee.... Which leads me to conclude that this was not considered by the CIA to be a Gang of Eight briefing. Otherwise they would not have had staff in the room. And that leads me to then believe that they didn't brief us on any of the sensitive programs such as the waterboarding or other forms of excessive interrogation."

The remarks made by Graham bolster the comments offered by Pelosi on Thursday. The Speaker told reporters that during her briefing session in the fall of 2002 she was not just kept in the dark about the issue of waterboarding, she was assured that it had not been used.

"Yes, I am saying that the CIA was misleading the Congress," she said.

However, records and testimony do show that high-ranking aides were present during a February 2003 briefing when waterboarding was discussed by the CIA with Reps. Porter Goss and Jane Harman.

Graham declined to speculate as to what took place during Pelosi's briefings, noting that the House and Senate had two entirely different sessions. But he did point out that, at the time, the "the whole credibility of the intelligence committee, particularly the CIA, was pretty much in question" -- giving credence to Pelosi's claims that she was given faulty information.

"The irony," said Graham, "is that the whole series of events in late September of '02 were concurrent with the CIA's release of the first classified version of the National Intelligence Estimate, which was one of the key factors that led me to vote against the war in Iraq because I thought that their case was so weak. And they were making to the public these very bold statements about how we were in extreme danger if we didn't move quickly to eradicate Saddam Hussein. The whole, 'a smoking gun may appear in the form of a mushroom cloud' kind of argument."

SamuraisWisdom
05-14-2009, 03:58 PM
It wouldnt surprise me at all if the CIA didn't tell the whole truth about their interrogation techniques to congress, but at the same time everybody knows that the CIA uses torture to get information. It's nothing new. So when Pelosi comes out and says she was ignorant of the whole thing you know that's a cop out.

Objectivist
05-14-2009, 04:05 PM

AH, do you really think Christians In Action would cause someone to have a heart attack?:rolleyes:

Dieseler
You know what?
She is cold busted, just a matter of time now.
These guys have the dirt on everybody
and she should know better than to muckrake with them.
I feel like she truly believes her own hype and
I sense she will soon know what the bottom of the short bus looks like.

Objectivist
It wouldnt surprise me at all if the CIA didn't tell the whole truth about their interrogation techniques to congress, but at the same time everybody knows that the CIA uses torture to get information. It's nothing new. So when Pelosi comes out and says she was ignorant of the whole thing you know that's a cop out.

Google "clinton administration rendition torture"

axiomata
05-14-2009, 04:08 PM
Some people need to go under oath.

Objectivist
05-14-2009, 04:22 PM
Some people need to go under oath.

YouTube - Rendition Defended 1/2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTW8JDuOk2o)

dannno
05-14-2009, 04:22 PM
The CIA probably told her to say that the CIA lied to her in order to restore Democrats' credibility.

I mean, what's going to happen?? Really think they'll abolish the CIA?

tangent4ronpaul
05-14-2009, 05:00 PM
I just watched this SHE IS LYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-t

purplechoe
05-14-2009, 05:18 PM

-t

Why? Were her lips moving?

ItsTime
05-14-2009, 05:19 PM
Would lying to congress on these issues be treason?

silverhawks
05-14-2009, 06:03 PM

That was my first thought when I saw this. The CIA has been thrown under the bus repeatedly by politicians in recent years; this might be one too many times, considering how high-profile this matter has become.

paulitics
05-14-2009, 07:51 PM
I want to know if anyone can answer these questions here. I will give my answer later, but to me it is quite obvious.

1) Why is the media focusing solely on whether waterboarding as a method of torture, and why now?

2) Why is extraordinary rendition and much more heinous acts of torture and other illegal acts not being discussed by the mainstream media (yet)?

3) What is the purpose of mainstream media deceptively framing the debate as a few random acts of torture used in extraordianary circumstances within only the last several years on the most dangerous terrorists, despite the facts suggesting this goes back much further (Clinton years) , and the torture being not just confined to a few waterboards on 911 al quada terrorists.

Reason
05-14-2009, 08:00 PM
YouTube - May 14, 2009: The Day in 100 Seconds (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0dmyBoZq0A)

Objectivist
05-15-2009, 02:32 AM
The CIA probably told her to say that the CIA lied to her in order to restore Democrats' credibility.

I mean, what's going to happen?? Really think they'll abolish the CIA?

Leon Panetta lives here in Monterey and San Francisco is 100 miles away, you think she has friends?

tangent4ronpaul
05-15-2009, 02:36 AM
I want to know if anyone can answer these questions here. I will give my answer later, but to me it is quite obvious.

1) Why is the media focusing solely on whether waterboarding as a method of torture, and why now?

Look at what OTHER legislation is being considered currently...

-t

Brooklyn Red Leg
05-15-2009, 02:42 AM
Pelosi Accuses CIA Of Lying To Congress

Lying twat. God, I so want her, Clinton, Bush and the rest to get theirs. Fuck 'em all. Round up all of them and try them.

Reason
05-15-2009, 12:59 PM
God, I so want her

:D

anaconda
05-15-2009, 01:28 PM
She must be worried about the scandal of her torture knowledge breaking wide open into the mainstream.

diggronpaul
05-15-2009, 01:31 PM

-t
This entire story is so full of lies it's unbelieveable.

But the message is getting through loud and clear, and that is that Americans should fear their government.

I don't buy that the US Government ever tortured a bunch of Taxi cab drivers, shop clerks, etc. from Afghanistan and Iraq (other than the pics that we got from Abu Graib). The story was mostly manufactured to scare the crap out of Americans. Yes, these poor people had to sit in prison at Abu Graib (sp?) and Gitmo, but why torture them, especially when you know Islamic Terrorism was manufactured by Brzezinski et al. The story simply does not hold up.

We are the targets of this terror. We are the ones under attack. It is America that must fall now. And the only way to defeat this nation is to convince the public that we are defeated.

2) Why is extraordinary rendition and much more heinous acts of torture and other illegal acts not being discussed by the mainstream media (yet)?

3) What is the purpose of mainstream media deceptively framing the debate as a few random acts of torture used in extraordianary circumstances within only the last several years on the most dangerous terrorists, despite the facts suggesting this goes back much further (Clinton years) , and the torture being not just confined to a few waterboards on 911 al quada terrorists.
I am very curious to hear your answers to these questions.

silverhawks
05-16-2009, 04:38 PM

I'll try to answer all three of those at once: manufacturing consent.

If you focus on gradually making the weakest forms of torture acceptable when dealing with dangerous terrorists, you're gradually opening up public consent to severe government action against all terrorists.

And then you classify anyone who acts out against government as a domestic terrorist, or a "potential terrorist recruit".

Brooklyn Red Leg
05-16-2009, 08:07 PM
:D

Har har. Shmuck. ;):D;)

YouTube - Pledge to Hedley Lamarr (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoM-ZC7uNnc)