PDA

View Full Version : Front page of today's NY Times will blow your mind. Red Guards are being assembled.

max
05-14-2009, 08:40 AM
Homeland security is training Boy Scouts in anti-terror drills...

Make no mistake...Obama's internal security apparatus is being constructed...impressionable youth will be his thugs....

That the NT Times would actually front page such a story is peculiar

one of the drill scenarios involves a disgruntled Iraqi vet

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/14/us/14explorers.html?_r=1&ref=todayspaper

SamuraisWisdom
05-14-2009, 08:43 AM
Appropriately the story is out of Imperial, CA. :D

sparebulb
05-14-2009, 08:54 AM
Could you paste the article on here for us? I don't want to register to read the article. Paranoid I guess.

SamuraisWisdom
05-14-2009, 08:55 AM
Could you paste the article on here for us? I don't want to register to read the article. Paranoid I guess.

I didn't have to register.

ghengis86
05-14-2009, 08:56 AM
also see these:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/026783.html

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/026782.html

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/026779.html

Meatwasp
05-14-2009, 08:58 AM
Well Max, that just put shivers down my spine. Thanks for posting

Kraig
05-14-2009, 09:06 AM
I don't think we are going to get out of this without going through a bloody mess first. It's time to stock up and wait them out.

TonySutton
05-14-2009, 09:07 AM
Here is the story

IMPERIAL, Calif. — Ten minutes into arrant mayhem in this town near the Mexican border, and the gunman, a disgruntled Iraq war veteran, has already taken out two people, one slumped in his desk, the other covered in blood on the floor.

The responding officers — eight teenage boys and girls, the youngest 14 — face tripwire, a thin cloud of poisonous gas and loud shots — BAM! BAM! — fired from behind a flimsy wall. They move quickly, pellet guns drawn and masks affixed.

“United States Border Patrol! Put your hands up!” screams one in a voice cracking with adolescent determination as the suspect is subdued.

It is all quite a step up from the square knot.

The Explorers program, a coeducational affiliate of the Boy Scouts of America that began 60 years ago, is training thousands of young people in skills used to confront terrorism, illegal immigration and escalating border violence — an intense ratcheting up of one of the group’s longtime missions to prepare youths for more traditional jobs as police officers and firefighters.

“This is about being a true-blooded American guy and girl,” said A. J. Lowenthal, a sheriff’s deputy here in Imperial County, whose life clock, he says, is set around the Explorers events he helps run. “It fits right in with the honor and bravery of the Boy Scouts.”

The training, which leaders say is not intended to be applied outside the simulated Explorer setting, can involve chasing down illegal border crossers as well as more dangerous situations that include facing down terrorists and taking out “active shooters,” like those who bring gunfire and death to college campuses. In a simulation here of a raid on a marijuana field, several Explorers were instructed on how to quiet an obstreperous lookout.

“Put him on his face and put a knee in his back,” a Border Patrol agent explained. “I guarantee that he’ll shut up.”

One participant, Felix Arce, 16, said he liked “the discipline of the program,” which was something he said his life was lacking. “I want to be a lawyer, and this teaches you about how crimes are committed,” he said.

Cathy Noriego, also 16, said she was attracted by the guns. The group uses compressed-air guns — known as airsoft guns, which fire tiny plastic pellets — in the training exercises, and sometimes they shoot real guns on a closed range.

“I like shooting them,” Cathy said. “I like the sound they make. It gets me excited.”

If there are critics of the content or purpose of the law enforcement training, they have not made themselves known to the Explorers’ national organization in Irving, Tex., or to the volunteers here on the ground, national officials and local leaders said. That said, the Explorers have faced problems over the years. There have been numerous cases over the last three decades in which police officers supervising Explorers have been charged, in civil and criminal cases, with sexually abusing them.

Several years ago, two University of Nebraska criminal justice professors published a study that found at least a dozen cases of sexual abuse involving police officers over the last decade. Adult Explorer leaders are now required to take an online training program on sexual misconduct.

Many law enforcement officials, particularly those who work for the rapidly growing Border Patrol, part of the Homeland Security Department, have helped shape the program’s focus and see it as preparing the Explorers as potential employees. The Explorer posts are attached to various agencies, including the Federal Bureau of Investigation and local police and fire departments, that sponsor them much the way churches sponsor Boy Scout troops.

“Our end goal is to create more agents,” said April McKee, a senior Border Patrol agent and mentor at the session here.

Membership in the Explorers has been overseen since 1998 by an affiliate of the Boy Scouts called Learning for Life, which offers 12 career-related programs, including those focused on aviation, medicine and the sciences.

But the more than 2,000 law enforcement posts across the country are the Explorers’ most popular, accounting for 35,000 of the group’s 145,000 members, said John Anthony, national director of Learning for Life. Since the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, many posts have taken on an emphasis of fighting terrorism and other less conventional threats.

“Before it was more about the basics,” said Johnny Longoria, a Border Patrol agent here. “But now our emphasis is on terrorism, illegal entry, drugs and human smuggling.”

The law enforcement posts are restricted to those ages 14 to 21 who have a C average, but there seems to be some wiggle room. “I will take them at 13 and a half,” Deputy Lowenthal said. “I would rather take a kid than possibly lose a kid.”

The law enforcement programs are highly decentralized, and each post is run in a way that reflects the culture of its sponsoring agency and region. Most have weekly meetings in which the children work on their law-enforcement techniques in preparing for competitions. Weekends are often spent on service projects.

Just as there are soccer moms, there are Explorers dads, who attend the competitions, man the hamburger grill and donate their land for the simulated marijuana field raids. In their training, the would-be law-enforcement officers do not mess around, as revealed at a recent competition on the state fairgrounds here, where a Ferris wheel sat next to the police cars set up for a felony investigation.

Their hearts pounding, Explorers moved down alleys where there were hidden paper targets of people pointing guns, and made split-second decisions about when to shoot. In rescuing hostages from a bus taken over by terrorists, a baby-faced young girl screamed, “Separate your feet!” as she moved to handcuff her suspect.

In a competition in Arizona that he did not oversee, Deputy Lowenthal said, one role-player wore traditional Arab dress. “If we’re looking at 9/11 and what a Middle Eastern terrorist would be like,” he said, “then maybe your role-player would look like that. I don’t know, would you call that politically incorrect?”

Authenticity seems to be the goal. Imperial County, in Southern California, is the poorest in the state, and the local economy revolves largely around the criminal justice system. In addition to the sheriff and local police departments, there are two state prisons and a large Border Patrol and immigration enforcement presence.

“My uncle was a sheriff’s deputy,” said Alexandra Sanchez, 17, who joined the Explorers when she was 13. Alexandra’s police uniform was baggy on her lithe frame, her airsoft gun slung carefully to the side. She wants to be a coroner.

“I like the idea of having law enforcement work with medicine,” she said. “This is a great program for me.”

And then she was off to another bus hijacking.

max
05-14-2009, 09:09 AM
Well Max, that just put shivers down my spine. Thanks for posting

the full color photo on the actual front page hard copy today is enormous...

Clearly the Establishment is sending a message

zach
05-14-2009, 09:09 AM
I definitely enjoyed this part:

The Explorers program, a coeducational affiliate of the Boy Scouts of America that began 60 years ago, is training thousands of young people in skills used to confront terrorism, illegal immigration and escalating border violence — an intense ratcheting up of one of the group’s longtime missions to prepare youths for more traditional jobs as police officers and firefighters.

So being a doctor, veterinarian, or a teacher isn't traditional?

TN_VOL
05-14-2009, 09:33 AM
Unbeleiveable....or at least it would have been a couple years ago. I can't beleive it actually says a disgruntltled war vet.

tangent4ronpaul
05-14-2009, 09:41 AM
Remember when they tried to get rid of model rocketry - too dangerous and terrorists could use them...

And then they tried to phase out shooting .22's

But MP-5's and JBT tactics - hay that's A-OK! :rolleyes:

-t

max
05-14-2009, 09:44 AM
Remember when they tried to get rid of model rocketry - too dangerous and terrorists could use them...

-t

remember the duct tape hysteria? Home Depot sold out because the sheep wanted to seal their windows from an al-qaeda gas attack!

moostraks
05-14-2009, 09:50 AM
This is why I pulled my son from scouts. The folks I encountered were one spade shy of a misdeal. I thought he would learn wilderness skills and found out they were merely a recruitment tool for the military. It was real popular with neo-cons last I knew...

mczerone
05-14-2009, 10:06 AM
I definitely enjoyed this part:

So being a doctor, veterinarian, or a teacher isn't traditional?

And science-forbid they dare to enter such productive "non-traditional" careers like IT, aerospace, or multimedia. Or the traditional careers of Farming, Trading, Warehousing, Banking, Legal representation, music, arts, or mechanical engineering.

Can't have people thinking for themselves, we must break them down early in adolescence so they will only be able to follow orders.

I'll add my critique for these selections:

If there are critics of the content or purpose of the law enforcement training, they have not made themselves known to the Explorers’ national organization in Irving, Tex., or to the volunteers here on the ground, national officials and local leaders said.

We've gathered some valid, rational, and emotionally strong criticism in this thread. Either people ("national officials and local leaders" or the reporter) are lying about having heard it in the past, or they are blissfully unaware of the realities of the world.

In either case, we need to have a short letter writing campaign to the Irving, Tx. headquarters and to your most local organizations (maybe shadow the effort to the Boy Scouts), and publish an open letter in the NY Times.

They can not be allowed to claim that they have some moral clearance for their actions from the whole of the population.

That said, the Explorers have faced problems over the years. There have been numerous cases over the last three decades in which police officers supervising Explorers have been charged, in civil and criminal cases, with sexually abusing them.

Several years ago, two University of Nebraska criminal justice professors published a study that found at least a dozen cases of sexual abuse involving police officers over the last decade. Adult Explorer leaders are now required to take an online training program on sexual misconduct.

So the only problem with the organization has been molestation? That's a relief. And were there just charges? Was everything settled out of court, or were there any holdings on criminal guilt or civil liability? Where are the defense funds coming from?

And hey - now the program leaders have to watch a video, that takes care of the problem, right bureaucrats? I'm sure people that have a proclivity toward molestation will be totally dissuaded from those urges because they had to watch a video once.

mczerone
05-14-2009, 10:14 AM

-t

Which leads one to conclude that the over-riding principle behind these acts were that they no longer want to teach kids independence, responsibility, and creative thinking, but wanted to replace it with unthinking obedience, bigotry, and nationalism.

No training that leads to differential equations and self defense.

Only that which leads to murder without second thought.

sparebulb
05-14-2009, 10:25 AM
Which leads one to conclude that the over-riding principle behind these acts were that they no longer want to teach kids independence, responsibility, and creative thinking, but wanted to replace it with unthinking obedience, bigotry, and nationalism.

No training that leads to differential equations and self defense.

Only that which leads to murder without second thought.

I agree. Except I would replace "nationalism" with "worldism". In my confused mind, a little dose of real nationalism would be nice right now.

mczerone
05-14-2009, 10:28 AM
I agree. Except I would replace "nationalism" with "worldism". I my confused mind, a little dose of real nationalism would be nice right now.

I hope you mean patriotism - a devotion to the people and land, rather than nationalism - a devotion to the Nation-State.

silverhawks
05-14-2009, 10:42 AM
Just read this story. This is insane. Complete duplication of the Hitler Youth, in my opinion.

diggronpaul
05-14-2009, 10:49 AM
Homeland security is training Boy Scouts in anti-terror drills...

Make no mistake...Obama's internal security apparatus is being constructed...impressionable youth will be his thugs....

That the NT Times would actually front page such a story is peculiar

one of the drill scenarios involves a disgruntled Iraqi vet
This is total psywar
(i.e. its primarily designed for its psychological impact on the public, the actually training of kids is secondary and much less important)...

Just look at the photo, taken from the ground looking up, this is designed to create fear.
They know exactly what they are doing, and it's really evil stuff.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2009/05/14/us/14explorers2-600a.jpg

And this photo is clearly staged. Look at the last kid on the left, he's got a big grin
on his face.... probably having fun. They probably told these kids that they would
get a free pizza if they dressed up like soldiers and played Army while a few nice
people took photos of them.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2009/05/14/us/14explorers_span.jpg

Even so, we should be in the NY Times' face right now holding them accountable for this.
If we don't oppose this sort of sociopathic behavior, it will continue and get worse.

The public cannot continue to allow this. It must cease.
And when I say "this", I mean psychological warfare of this kind.

sparebulb
05-14-2009, 10:50 AM
I hope you mean patriotism - a devotion to the people and land, rather than nationalism - a devotion to the Nation-State.

Yes, I can go with that. Although patriotism is another word and concept that has been abused in recent years.

Andrew-Austin
05-14-2009, 11:24 AM
“This is about being a true-blooded American guy and girl,” said A. J. Lowenthal, a sheriff’s deputy here in Imperial County, whose life clock, he says, is set around the Explorers events he helps run. “It fits right in with the honor and bravery of the Boy Scouts.”

In a competition in Arizona that he did not oversee, Deputy Lowenthal said, one role-player wore traditional Arab dress. “If we’re looking at 9/11 and what a Middle Eastern terrorist would be like,” he said, “then maybe your role-player would look like that. I don’t know, would you call that politically incorrect?”

lol, that was stupid cute. Yes Deputy, the terrorist would be sure to stand out, and be the only one in Arizona wearing traditional Arab dress. This Lowenthal guy sounds like a dumb thug.

Yes, I can go with that. Although patriotism is another word and concept that has been abused in recent years.

Patriotism is stupid, the only thing that matters is principle.

This is total psywar
(i.e. its primarily designed for its psychological impact on the public, the actually training of kids is secondary and much less important)...

Just look at the photo, taken from the ground looking up, this is designed to create fear.
They know exactly what they are doing, and it's really evil stuff.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2009/05/14/us/14explorers2-600a.jpg

We should be in the NY Times' face right now holding them accountable for this.
If we don't oppose this sort of sociopathic behavior, it will continue and get worse.

The public cannot continue to allow this. It must cease.
And when I say "this", I mean psychological warfare of this kind.

Its just an article about a creepy youth brigade program, try and actually outline the connection between The NYTIMEs, and the people who have been crafting this 'Explorer' program. Had the New York Times / MSM simply not published this story, people would see a conspiracy in that too. Your basing your judgment that this article is a deliberate psychological attack only on the camera angle? The story itself is creepy, and thus the creepiness factor was reflected in the article no matter how politically correct the NYTIMES tried to be.

silverhawks
05-14-2009, 12:04 PM
Unbeleiveable....or at least it would have been a couple years ago. I can't beleive it actually says a disgruntltled war vet.

Afer the MIAC report and similar reports since, I'm only surprised it is said so openly. It paints the picture of the imminent birth of an American totalitarian state.

HuffPo (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/05/14/explorerscouts-train-in-p_n_203379.html) is also covering this story...believe it or not it has the bleeding hearts screaming as well. Though there are also the people saying "this isn't bad" or "the kids aren't forced to do this."

LATruth
05-14-2009, 12:15 PM
I was in the "Explorers" when I was just starting high school with the U.S. Customs Service here in Louisiana, it wasn't all bad. Sure, most of it was training/recruitment for the police field but it wasn't a contract to do so. We played paintball, ran mock scenarios of various crimes etc. I was smart enough to see past the indoctrination aspect of the classes and went for the adrenaline rushes they provided. We took the games seriously. that's why i think that photo looks so scary, they caught them just prior to an exercise.

PS: explorers have beer around for a LONG time, why all the hype now?

Rock Sexton
05-14-2009, 12:15 PM
One step closer to his Storm Trooper agenda............

http://jimmyakin.typepad.com/defensor_fidei/images/storm_troopers.jpg

silverhawks
05-14-2009, 12:20 PM
I was in the "Explorers" when I was just starting high school with the U.S. Customs Service here in Louisiana, it wasn't all bad. Sure, most of it was training/recruitment for the police field but it wasn't a contract to do so. We played paintball, ran mock scenarios of various crimes etc. I was smart enough to see past the indoctrination aspect of the classes and went for the adrenaline rushes they provided. We took the games seriously. that's why i think that photo looks so scary, they caught them just prior to an exercise.

Wondering if its a smokescreen put out there to play down Pelosi saying that the CIA lied to her about torture...

Brooklyn Red Leg
05-14-2009, 12:39 PM
Wondering if its a smokescreen put out there to play down Pelosi saying that the CIA lied to her about torture...

More than likely. I have no problem with the Explorer Program either, I just don't like it being co-opted by Homeland Security. If we still respected all the parts of the 2nd Amendment, I would be glad the Explorer's were teaching young men and women about Militia Service. As it is, though, they're being taught the word 'militia' is bad.

LATruth
05-14-2009, 12:45 PM
I also didn't agree that the Boy Scouts were all directly tied to church organizations. I was still a scout and I'm still an atheist, and the indoctrination was worse with the boy scouts. IMO.

tangent4ronpaul
05-14-2009, 12:56 PM
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/7908/meinobamanm5.jpg

Catatonic
05-14-2009, 02:18 PM

I was also in the explorer program, but rather than law enforcement the one I joined was military. We were shooting real guns, learning hand to hand combat, knife fighting, etc. Like you I saw past the indoctrination somewhat, but by the time I was done it had done its work on me. If my mom hadn't talked some sense into me I would have enlisted after high school for sure.

These programs are used as recruiting tools, and there isn't enough that can be said for the effect of group think + brainwashing that these kids will go through. They will love the DHS and everything it does by the time they are finished with the program, with a few exceptions.

Uriel999
05-14-2009, 03:50 PM
The Iraq veteran comment was scary.

OptionsTrader
05-14-2009, 04:02 PM
Citizens are just soldier reproduction factories.

Embrace the Empire.

devil21
05-14-2009, 04:19 PM
The little bastards even look like little cops. All "thick" and whatnot. Probably not a brain cell to share amongst them but that's not what they are being groomed for anyway.

devil21
05-14-2009, 04:39 PM
Just as there are soccer moms, there are Explorers dads, who attend the competitions, man the hamburger grill and donate their land for the simulated marijuana field raids.

Isnt that cute? Teaching the kids that the only appropriate response to the topic of weed is guns, raids, and jail before they likely have a chance to make up their minds for themselves once they are adults. Disgusting story overall. Im angry that my tax money is paying to teach little kids how to be commandos that disrespect life and property.

ItsTime
05-14-2009, 04:39 PM
This gave me heartburn :(

diggronpaul
05-14-2009, 05:20 PM
Its just an article about a creepy youth brigade program, try and actually outline the connection between The NYTIMEs, and the people who have been crafting this 'Explorer' program. Had the New York Times / MSM simply not published this story, people would see a conspiracy in that too. Your basing your judgment that this article is a deliberate psychological attack only on the camera angle? The story itself is creepy, and thus the creepiness factor was reflected in the article no matter how politically correct the NYTIMES tried to be.
I suggest that you take a stab at figuring this out yourself. Go through the thought exercise and see what you come up with.

If I do it, then I'm just giving you the fish instead of the fishing pole, and all I will get back is another attack piece criticizing my analysis. The only way to see this stuff is to figure it out on ones own. I'll help if you're willing to try it, but I'm not going to set myself up for target practice for you.

Reason
05-14-2009, 05:24 PM
“Put him on his face and put a knee in his back,” a Border Patrol agent explained. “I guarantee that he’ll shut up.”

dr. hfn
05-14-2009, 05:31 PM
WTF?!

Jesus Christ! YAL needs to go into f-ing overdrive!

silverhawks
05-14-2009, 05:55 PM
These are just visions of the future to me.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2009/05/13/us/27878868.JPG

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2009/05/13/us/27820508.JPG

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2009/05/13/us/27878858.JPG

stag15
05-14-2009, 06:08 PM
We need to be teaching boy scouts about revolutioning.

Uriel999
05-14-2009, 06:18 PM
We need to be teaching boy scouts about revolutioning.

Thomas Paine's Common Sense should be mandatory reading. :)

Dreamofunity
05-14-2009, 06:50 PM
This stuff is sickening.

123tim
05-14-2009, 07:02 PM
The law enforcement posts are restricted to those ages 14 to 21 who have a C average, but there seems to be some wiggle room.

I think that I need some clarification here.......does this mean that anything above a "C" average will disqualify you?
I hope that this is just poorly worded. :eek:

From Slideshow on page:

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2009/05/13/us/27878862.JPG

bunklocoempire
05-14-2009, 09:23 PM
Any of the torture supporters wanna speak up on this?:D

Seems an "air soft enhanced interrogation merit badge" is missing from the Explorers. It'd be great training for them.

Just the kinda tool government/the Explorers need.

EDIT: IMO Just talking about "accepted" use of torture will influence these impressionable kids - (tools).

Really neat what a national enviroment of fear can turn into.:(

Bunkloco