PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul in Chicago on the 22nd, Cubs Game?

JAHOGS
09-20-2007, 01:28 PM
I know that Ron Paul will be in Michigan from 10:00 - 11:00 ET on the 22nd, then heading to Chicago afterwards.

His first schedule thing to do that day is 3:00 - 5:00 pm CT. Was wondering what is the chance of us getting him out to the CUBS game that afternoon. The Cubs play the Pirates starting at 12:05 CT. Would be an awesome way to get a lot of name recognition and maybe a first for a presidential candidate to do this. If not the 22nd(time restraints) then how about the 23rd????

I would like to find out some information on how we could get him there do maybe do the seventh inning stretch at Wrigley Field. If anyone has any information on how to do this let's see if we can get the ball rolling.

If not the 22nd the Cubs also have a game on the 23rd at 1:20pm CT. The Cubs are in the middle of a playoff race and a lot of people will be tuned in to see if the Cubs are going to hold on or fold. Would be a great way to get the name recognition out there in Chicago and nation wide. The game will be on WGN that day and during the seventh inning stretch they have a celebrity to sing the seventh inning stretch song. Then after the song during the bottom of the seventh they interview and talk with the celebrity guest. I think this would be an awesome opportunity to reach thousands of people nation wide.

cujothekitten
09-20-2007, 01:30 PM
There's not nearly enough time. Besides the game will probably be over by the time he shows up. Good idea, it's just not possible with the time constraints.

walt
09-20-2007, 01:31 PM
staying here for the 23rd game would make sense.

Santana28
09-20-2007, 01:31 PM
i seriously doubt he could make that happen... he has to fly in, and from what i understand he'll be going directly to the rally. if not, i'm sure he needs some time to rest and recoup before the rally and fundraiser. how about we all just hit the game in our Ron Paul shirts? we should have a banner flying over wrigley like they did in michigan. Greater Chicago Group, where are you??

cujothekitten
09-20-2007, 01:34 PM
I think the Chicago group is planing on heading to the rally instead of the game (and marching downtown). If we went to the game then we would have to leave really early to get to the rally.... traffic is a bitch on game days and the weekends.

JAHOGS
09-20-2007, 01:36 PM
I think the Chicago group is planing on heading to the rally instead of the game (and marching downtown). If we went to the game then we would have to leave really early to get to the rally.... traffic is a bitch on game days and the weekends.

How about the 23rd. When at the rally see if he could make it out to the game and possibly push for a seventh inning stretch apperance.

cujothekitten
09-20-2007, 01:38 PM
How about the 23rd. When at the rally see if he could make it out to the game and possibly push for a seventh inning stretch apperance.

That might be doable.

JAHOGS
09-20-2007, 01:41 PM
That might be doable.

Seeing it is the last home game it might be impossible to get him to sing the song, considering they already might have someone. I am looking for information if they already have and will continue to look until I find out. If not it would be great to just have him at the game.

JAHOGS
09-20-2007, 01:45 PM
http://blogs.trb.com/sports/custom/weblog/wgnsports/

Cubs grounds crew is scheduled to sing that day. If you go to that website and scroll down a little it will say seventh inning singers during final homestand. Maybe we can still push for this and see what happens with it. I will be sending e-mails to both Len and Bob and to WGN, WGN SPORTS, Jim Hendry, Cubs front office, etc...

When I get some e-mails I will post them and see if we all can't send them some e-mails to see if we can't get Paul on there to sing.

gocubsgo
09-20-2007, 01:50 PM
the chicago meetup group is going to be outside wrigley on the 23rd collecting signature to get on the ballot in chicago before the cubs game. also the bears play a sunday night game on the 23rd as well. perhaps the meetup group or ron paul can attend this event as well. ill be at the game, the bears, decked out in a ron paul t-shirt.

JAHOGS
09-20-2007, 03:02 PM
I emailed Len and Bob and other WGN officials. Hopefully someone on the 22nd rally can get Paul out to the Cubs last home game of the year.