PDA

View Full Version : Cop Kicks Suspect's Head - High Fives Other Cop

Reason
05-13-2009, 05:15 PM
YouTube - Cop Kicks Suspect's Head - High Fives Other Cop - After High Speed Chase (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfyYT4E0fyA)

KoldKut
05-13-2009, 05:23 PM
//

sparebulb
05-13-2009, 05:26 PM
I'm sure the usual bootlickers will be here soon to explain to us how this was proper protocol.

Reason
05-13-2009, 05:27 PM
I'm sure the usual bootlickers will be here soon to explain to us how this was proper protocol.

Refer to the post above you

kathy88
05-13-2009, 05:30 PM
Refer to the post above you

I think he was joking?

KoldKut
05-13-2009, 05:31 PM
//

Reason
05-13-2009, 05:31 PM
I think he was joking?

Don't think so.

Look at his other replies

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/search.php?searchid=3538667

Reason
05-13-2009, 05:32 PM
It wasn't proper protocol, but it was a well earned boot to the head.

Why are you even on these forums?

sarahgop
05-13-2009, 05:32 PM
maybe the cop was justified. can i kick him too?

JK/SEA
05-13-2009, 05:33 PM
Hey..the cop was just trying to set an example.

Another cop jaded by life, and showing the world he lost his humanity..

next..

KoldKut
05-13-2009, 05:34 PM
//

KoldKut
05-13-2009, 05:35 PM
//

Reason
Everybody is crying for this poor innocent victim of police brutality who not 10 seconds previously was speeding into oncoming traffic and nearly killed some random shmuck on his way to work.

Cry me a fucking river. He got a boo boo on his head. OH THE HUMANITY!!!!

Let me guess? you support torture too?

brandon
It's clear that the criminal head butted the cops foot in an attempt to break free. He should be charged with assault and resisting arrest in addition to whatever else he did wrong.

sarahgop
05-13-2009, 05:36 PM
i wish his head would impact my heel

TonySutton
05-13-2009, 05:37 PM
I think he was joking?

no KoldKut is a neocon

JK/SEA
05-13-2009, 05:39 PM
could've just shot him, and said i thought i pulled my taser..

Dr.3D
05-13-2009, 05:40 PM
Everybody is crying for this poor innocent victim of police brutality who not 10 seconds previously was speeding into oncoming traffic and nearly killed some random shmuck on his way to work.

Wow, maybe he should play judge and jury and just shoot the guy.

The man is a suspect and not guilty till proven so in a court of law.

Edit: I suspect the cop wasn't getting any at home and instead of going home and kicking the family dog, he decided to take it out on the suspect.

KoldKut
05-13-2009, 05:41 PM
//

Reason
05-13-2009, 05:44 PM
Sure. Under extreme circumstances where discomforting some asshole will save innocent lives I'm all for it.

However, I think weak minded people should probably be shielded from that reality so the official U.S. policy should be that we never ever ever torture.

And then those individuals that need to be tortured should be renditioned to some hellhole and disappeared forever.

Why the fck is there a neocon on RPforums?

KoldKut
05-13-2009, 05:46 PM
//

Time for Change
05-13-2009, 05:47 PM
Cop should be given a medal.
We all know how dangerous those nasty people are that give up any lie down on command.

kathy88
05-13-2009, 05:50 PM
no koldkut is a neocon

oic

sarahgop
05-13-2009, 05:54 PM
he deserved worse than what he got

ghengis86
05-13-2009, 05:57 PM
wtf?

Dr.3D
05-13-2009, 05:58 PM
wtf?

Probably the same neocon with two accounts.

Kludge
05-13-2009, 05:59 PM
Error of judgment on the cop's part. Series of errors of judgment on the criminal's part. Somewhat amusing, but not worth a thread.

KoldKut
05-13-2009, 06:01 PM
//

angelatc
05-13-2009, 06:01 PM
he deserved worse than what he got

But the cop also broke the law when he dished it out. So, who gets to kick the cop in the face?

Dr.3D
05-13-2009, 06:02 PM
Did you all miss the near head-on collision that the perp nearly caused at about 3 seconds into the video?

Where's your sympathy for that other driver who came within inches of losing his life?

You have no perspective. You see a cop misbehave and you're foaming at the mouth in righteous fury. Where is the fury for this asshole perp who recklessly endangered so many lives?

It is not the cops job to dish out the punishment.

angelatc
05-13-2009, 06:03 PM
Did you all miss the near head-on collision that the perp nearly caused at about 3 seconds into the video?

Where's your sympathy for that other driver who came within inches of losing his life?

You have no perspective. You see a cop misbehave and you're foaming at the mouth in righteous fury. Where is the fury for this asshole perp who recklessly endangered so many lives?

We have a judicial system for that. Vigilante justice is illegal, and a definite abuse of the public trust when doled out by cops. I might have sympathy for the cop if he was the guy who was almost hit head on, but we spend a lot of money trying to train those reactions out of the bullies with badges.

we don't expect much out of the perp. We do expect our public servants to adhere to a much higher standard of behavior.

devil21
05-13-2009, 06:04 PM
Is that your new name Zuras?

Pretty old video though. I've seen that one on TV before IIRC.

KoldKut
05-13-2009, 06:04 PM
//

Dr.3D
05-13-2009, 06:05 PM
That is true.

It's also true that the perp deserved a lot worse than a bump on the head.

That would be for a judge to decide, not a cop.

ghengis86
05-13-2009, 06:06 PM
That is true.

It's also true that the perp deserved a lot worse than a bump on the head.

from whom?

KoldKut
05-13-2009, 06:06 PM

Kludge
05-13-2009, 06:09 PM
Are you a judge?

Who's to judge if he's a judge?

I thought "we" hate judges, too?

ghengis86
05-13-2009, 06:10 PM
can we kick you in the head for bringing people to within inches away from intellectual death?

angelatc
05-13-2009, 06:12 PM

really? so traffic violations are capital offenses in your Utopia?

sarahgop
05-13-2009, 06:13 PM
But the cop also broke the law when he dished it out. So, who gets to kick the cop in the face?

put yourself in the cops place.

KoldKut
05-13-2009, 06:14 PM
//

dannno
05-13-2009, 06:15 PM

Can I kick myself in the face really hard and put myself back in my place and him back in his place to deal with the broken nose?

dannno
05-13-2009, 06:16 PM
I've been personally victimized and buried too many friends who were killed by selfish pricks behind a wheel to have any objectivity when it comes to these high speed chases. I'd be down with capital punishment for anyone recklessly driving the public roads in an effort to avoid arrest.

Preferably by crucifixion.

Your friends were killed by people being chased by cops?

Original_Intent
05-13-2009, 06:17 PM
The cop was out of line.

But I don't feel too bad for the recipient, either.

LibertyEagle
05-13-2009, 06:19 PM

Actually, the policeman could have killed him by kicking him in the head like he did. We have a legal system in this country and policeman are not above it.

The incident should be investigated, but I personally see no excuse whatsoever for what the cop did. The guy was not putting up any resistance. I can't for the life of me see any excuse for it and think the cop should be fired.

dannno
05-13-2009, 06:20 PM
It is not the cops job to dish out the punishment.

Ya, seriously.. Why on earth is anybody here advocating that the police be responsible for punishing criminals??

If they already caught him, then let the COURTS give him a boot to the head.

Criminy.

rpfan2008
05-13-2009, 06:21 PM

No one can defend that criminal driver and claim to be in his/her right mind.

But cops are supposed to be working within the law, courts are to sentence punishments not cops. When you call 911 for an ER no matter how serious the matter is it's always the surgeon that operates... not the ambulance driver.

YouTube - concerning pigs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDgFfvpdk4w)

Dr.3D
05-13-2009, 06:22 PM
Ya, seriously.. Why on earth is anybody here advocating that the police be responsible for punishing criminals??

If they already caught him, then let the COURTS give him a boot to the head.

Criminy.

Yep, now that the cop already gave him the punishment, I guess the court should let him go. I mean, really... if the cops can dish out the punishment, then what good are the courts?

KoldKut
05-13-2009, 06:24 PM
//

rpfan2008
05-13-2009, 06:26 PM
Compare this to Taliban floggings even they are much more safer. At least they beat people on their butts/backs and hold them tight and make immovable so that the whip lands only where it's intended. US cops are worse than the Taliban in beating.

Dr.3D
05-13-2009, 06:26 PM
No. Just random asshole drivers who didn't give a fuck about whose lives they destroyed on the way to their destination.

The dick in that video didn't have any right to flee arrest in a vehicle. His need to avoid a trip to court did not trump the need of the innocent folks sharing his road to not be crushed to death. But he didn't care about the danger his actions posed to those innocent people, because he wanted to get away. Well fuck him. Since he didn't care about anyone else's right to life, why should I care about his right to life?

Wow, I hope you are not a cop.

KoldKut
05-13-2009, 06:35 PM
//

rpfan2008
05-13-2009, 06:39 PM
I considered it, but they wouldn't let me torture suspects so I had to turn them down.

Yeah it's easy to torture helpless captives, isn't it. And don't forget the fun.

Reason
05-13-2009, 06:41 PM
KoldKut, I just want to thank you for showing everyone exactly the type of mindset what we are fighting against.

angelatc
05-13-2009, 06:49 PM

Ok.....I'll give it a go.

I am not in any danger, I could stand to lose a few pounds, and so I freaking hate it when younger males make me run after them like I'm still 22.

Whew. There he is! Lying face down, defenseless, spread eagle. I think I'll kick him. Hard. Square in the face.

Nope. Not gettin' it.

angelatc
05-13-2009, 06:50 PM
I considered it, but they wouldn't let me torture suspects so I had to turn them down.

Gosh. I find that hard to believe after all the clips we've seen here.

Nirvikalpa
05-13-2009, 06:59 PM
I would have rather saw the guy he nearly had a head on collision with get out of his car and start beating the sh*t out of him.

Not the cops right/place. Just another ass in the force who loves showing his authority and power.

KoldKut
05-13-2009, 07:02 PM
//

jyakulis
05-13-2009, 07:21 PM
Dunno....I'm torn. The guy was endangering lives being involved in a high speed chase like that including the cops....I could see how he was a little pissed. Still shouldn't happen though...

Golding
05-13-2009, 07:28 PM
The high-five is forgivable. A chase like that has to be one heck of an adrenaline rush. The kick was obviously going too far. I figured it was going to be something like a kick trying to take the guy down. He wasn't resisting by the time they caught him. They also threw in a few unnecessary elbow shots.

I can see how they were probably justifying it as him deserving it for endangering people around him, but you don't counteract criminal behavior with criminal behavior.

ClayTrainor
05-13-2009, 07:33 PM
We have a judicial system for that. Vigilante justice is illegal, and a definite abuse of the public trust when doled out by cops. I might have sympathy for the cop if he was the guy who was almost hit head on, but we spend a lot of money trying to train those reactions out of the bullies with badges.

we don't expect much out of the perp. We do expect our public servants to adhere to a much higher standard of behavior.

VERY well put Angel! It's no wonder that KoldKut avoided this post, and continued spewing nonsense.

ClayTrainor
05-13-2009, 07:34 PM
I can see how they were probably justifying it as him deserving it for endangering people around him, but you don't counteract criminal behavior with criminal behavior.

Something KoldKut thinks is totally cool.

If you allow cops to behave like this, they will behave like this on innocents, at some point, i promise you.

They must have strict rules, and be fired for shit like this.

ClayTrainor
05-13-2009, 07:36 PM
Makes you feel good to have someone to feel superior to, doesn't it? Oh yeah, the self-righteousness... feels so good... ohhhh.

Self-declared superiority :rolleyes:

KoldKut
05-13-2009, 07:41 PM
//

eOs
05-13-2009, 07:46 PM
why are you even on these forums?

qft

ClayTrainor
05-13-2009, 07:48 PM
I said numerous times in this thread that the cop was out of line.

My bad, i didn't read every page, i'll admit.

But the cop wasn't nearly as far out of line as the perp.

Agreed

I just think it's fucking hilarious how much the denizens of this forum despise cops and love criminals.

Nobody loves criminals, re-read Angelatc's post. We like a fair justice system, and the cop was out of line, like you say.

This criminal will serve time, everyone here knows he's gonna be punished for what he did, and deserves it. we're pissed that the cop is able to get away with such an abuse of power, but you're right, the crime was worse. It's just not a black and blue situation, imo.

"OH MY GOD HE KICKED THAT GUY IN THE HEAD?!?!? WTF!?!? BURN HIM!!!!!"

Fire him for sure, imo.

But for the perp who recklessly endangered so many innocent lives?

*crickets*

Punish him according to law. Nobody here thinks he got away, what is there to be upset about? Crime happens every day. It's the guys who tend to get away with it, that upsets us ;)

I enjoy the action on REAL TV and COPS as much as the next guy, and i usually cheer on the cops over the criminals. However, there is a line that can be crossed. :)

dannno
05-13-2009, 08:14 PM

I just think it's fucking hilarious how much the denizens of this forum despise cops and love criminals.

*crickets*

Cop should have kicked that prick twice.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/150/412424523_21d3228490.jpg

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/images/n28/n141886.jpg

Look. The guy driving the car is a total jackass, we all expect that some people are going to be total jackasses and try and pull that shit. That is what police are for. Police are held to higher expectations than criminals. We shouldn't expect this type of behavior from them, and we should expect that when it happens that it is dealt with so that police officers do not hand out punishments.

I agree with a previous poster, the high 5 is ok, it was related to the capture.. but not the kick.

dannno
05-13-2009, 08:15 PM

My bad, i didn't read every page, i'll admit.

He tricked you.

Danke
05-13-2009, 08:19 PM
Is that your new name Zuras?

I was trying to put my finger on it too. But Zuras has not been banned, so I wonder who else it could be...

dannno
05-13-2009, 08:22 PM

I messed up and took this part out of the above post by mistake, so I'm posting it again because I know somebody saw it without it.

Come on man.

KoldKut
05-13-2009, 08:24 PM
//

BeFranklin
05-13-2009, 08:32 PM
Actually, the policeman could have killed him by kicking him in the head like he did. We have a legal system in this country and policeman are not above it.

The incident should be investigated, but I personally see no excuse whatsoever for what the cop did. The guy was not putting up any resistance. I can't for the life of me see any excuse for it and think the cop should be fired.

Cops have killed peope and covered it up. This has to stop, and there needs to be zero tolerence for this.

And actually, I have zero tolerence for it. No one is above the law.

NO ONE

BeFranklin
05-13-2009, 08:34 PM

*crickets*

You also said the perpetrator should be murdered - ie shot.

Not only are you cussing, and trolling, but you've advocated murdering someone.

KoldKut
05-13-2009, 08:39 PM
//

BeFranklin
05-13-2009, 08:42 PM
No I didn't say he should be murdered, I said he should be shot. I also said that fleeing arrest and precipitating a high speed chase that endangers innocent people should be punishable by crucifixion.

So I guess in my utopia the perp would be unjustly kicked in the head by a bad cop. Then fairly tried. Then crucified. And then shot.

You said he should be murdered. We aren't idiots. You didn't mention if he was tried, and no court in the land executes people by shooting them, or for a non-capital offenses.

You've adovated murder. In all actualilty, incitement to riot (from you) is also a crime. At the very least, you ought to be kicked off this board. You're trash.

sparebulb
05-13-2009, 08:44 PM
No I didn't say he should be murdered, I said he should be shot. I also said that fleeing arrest and precipitating a high speed chase that endangers innocent people should be punishable by crucifixion.

So I guess in my utopia the perp would be unjustly kicked in the head by a bad cop. Then fairly tried. Then crucified. And then shot.

It would appear as if Koldkut is very much the type of extremist that the government approves of.

I, as a supporter of the Constitution, reject the extremism of the likes of Koldkut and encourage the members of this forum to use him as an example of what is wrong in our country.

KoldKut
05-13-2009, 08:45 PM
//

BeFranklin
05-13-2009, 08:48 PM
Now you're just making crap up, and it's not as if I didn't give you plenty of really offensive material to quote and cry about.

Please try harder.

I don't need to try harder. If in person you advocated the cops to do what you said on this board, or have any contact with them, you've committed a crime.

I have zero tolerance for the corrupt in government. During the early american period, they executed government officials for corruption under the law, even when it didn't involve murder.

KoldKut
05-13-2009, 08:49 PM
//

james1906
05-13-2009, 08:51 PM
Feed Ethiopians, not trolls.

High speed chase asshole deserves some time behind bars. Out of line cop needs to be sent to bed without donuts. I think some community service that will humble him is in order.

sparebulb
05-13-2009, 08:52 PM
Now I'm an example of all that is wrong with America. ROFLMAO

Finally, Koldkut speaks some truth.

KoldKut
05-13-2009, 08:52 PM
//

ClayTrainor
05-13-2009, 08:53 PM
Now you're just making crap up, and it's not as if I didn't give you plenty of really offensive material to quote and cry about.

Please try harder.

Dam dude... you're so wrong on this topic it's not even funny. You're not even bringing up points anymore, and we've got you in at least 2 contradictions so far.

Remember what you said to me earlier?

Yea, it turns out that was total horse shit, huh? Now you're saying you think this guy should be shot... ugh.

I've enjoyed some of your other posts in other threads though. :)

KoldKut
05-13-2009, 08:58 PM
//

Elle
05-13-2009, 08:59 PM
I look at it like this. That guy should be thankful it was the cop that kicked him in the head and not one of the people he nearly took out with his shenanigans. If I were the one he nearly killed and I got a hold of him, I would beat the ever living piss out of him.

james1906
05-13-2009, 09:01 PM
stop feeding the troll!

Reason
05-13-2009, 09:06 PM
stop feeding the troll!

Ban the troll imo

Dr.3D
05-13-2009, 09:12 PM
stop feeding the troll!

http://wzuy1.ask.com/r?t=p&d=synus&s=cnt&c=v81&l=dir&o=0&sv=0a5c4323&ip=d1a5f42b&id=7E9759F4143097E4217BB9E1E9D88F1D&q=trolling&p=2&qs=121&ac=24&g=2d023oHHNUICJE&en=pi&io=11&b=img&tp=d&ec=16&pt=&ex=&url=&u=http://www.mbayaq.org/cr/cr_seafoodwatch/content/images/gear/trolling4.jpg

KoldKut
05-13-2009, 09:20 PM
//

Kludge
05-13-2009, 09:21 PM
//

Meatwasp
05-13-2009, 09:25 PM
I look at it like this. That guy should be thankful it was the cop that kicked him in the head and not one of the people he nearly took out with his shenanigans. If I were the one he nearly killed and I got a hold of him, I would beat the ever living piss out of him.

my sentiments exactly. lol

Danke
05-13-2009, 09:31 PM
//

///

KoldKut
05-13-2009, 09:35 PM
//

asimplegirl
05-13-2009, 09:44 PM
Seems to be an influx of neocons around this here place recently.

Because this is getting boring:

YouTube - A Sober Sunday (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-fkS5B84do&feature=related)

diggronpaul
05-13-2009, 09:44 PM
Am I being voted off the island?

And for what? Because I expressed some opinions that people found distasteful? Because I dared to not share in the groupthink? Because my posts contained elements of sarcasm? Because I didn't back down when certain posters clucked their tongues at me?

Well if you are so shocked, and can not bear to view my satanic ramblings any longer, then may I suggest to you the "ignore user" feature of these forums? It's a great feature. It allows you to block out anyone and everyone who's views you find offensive, stupid, and/or trollish. Turning a chaotic forum of argument into a soothing place where all your preconceptions can be reinforced, all your desires echoed, and all your blandness welcomed.
I'm going to stand up for the right for a member to exercise their opinion here, as long as they are not deliberately being consistently hostile or hijacking threads, and I don't see any of that here. There is definitely way too much attacking going on here against people who are simply stating their opinions. The opinion is much less relevant than the ability for one to state it without having to fear mass reprisal. Knock it off and let the user say what he has to say and then move-on.... and quite with all the labels, its totally unproductive.

As far as this incident goes, the Cops are being turned against the public and the public against the Cops. This is deliberate, for local polices forces are our last line of defense from Federal or foreign forces. We should be working closely with public safety officers and building bridges. I seem to recall seeing a post a number of months ago where someone pointed out that there are efforts underway to reduce tensions and build closer relationship with public safety offices.... seems that that is where our energy is best spent.

Meatwasp
05-13-2009, 09:51 PM
I'm going to stand up for the right for a member to exercise their opinion here, as long as they are not deliberately being consistently hostile or hijacking threads, and I don't see any of that here. There is definitely way too much attacking going on here against people who are simply stating their opinions. The opinion is much less relevant than the ability for one to state it without having to fear mass reprisal. Knock it off and let the user say what he has to say and then move-on.... and quite with all the labels, its totally unproductive.

As far as this incident goes, the Cops are being turned against the public and the public against the Cops. This is deliberate, for local polices forces are our last line of defense from Federal or foreign forces. We should be working closely with public safety officers and building bridges. I seem to recall seeing a post a number of months ago where someone pointed out that there are efforts underway to reduce tensions and build closer relationship with public safety offices.... seems that that is where our energy is best spent.

at last a voice of reason

Golding
05-13-2009, 10:31 PM
Something KoldKut thinks is totally cool.

If you allow cops to behave like this, they will behave like this on innocents, at some point, i promise you.

They must have strict rules, and be fired for shit like this.Definitely, he should be fired for the kick. It was blatantly unnecessary, and was obviously done for the sake of some sort of self-satisfying faux justice.

In fairness to KoldKut, who I didn't mention in the post you quoted, I'm not all that interested in what he thinks is cool or not. He's entitled to his opinion, even if it's clear that he's just trying (and succeeding) to get a rise out of people.

diggronpaul
05-13-2009, 10:45 PM
Definitely, he should be fired for the kick. It was blatantly unnecessary, and was obviously done for the sake of some sort of self-satisfying faux justice.

In fairness to KoldKut, who I didn't mention in the post you quoted, I'm not all that interested in what he thinks is cool or not. He's entitled to his opinion, even if it's clear that he's just trying (and succeeding) to get a rise out of people.
Does anyone here know what the LAPD training manual says in situation like this? I mean, was the officer acting in accordance with his training given the specifics of the scenario? I certainly don't know. But seems like a reasonable question. Is it the officer who is at fault, is it LAPD policy, is it training, or are there some things that we as onlookers just didn't see that justified this type of maneuver by the cop?

Look, I'm certainly no advocate of unnecessary police violence, but I'd like a little information before I jump to any conclusions here. The cop wasn't attacking some political protester here, he's attacking a criminal who just put people's lives in danger. What's the protocol?

BeFranklin
05-13-2009, 10:50 PM
Does anyone here know what the LAPD training manual says in situation like this? I mean, was the officer acting in accordance with his training given the specifics of the scenario? I certainly don't know. But seems like a reasonable question. Is it the officer who is at fault, is it LAPD policy, is it training, or are there some things that we as onlookers just didn't see that justified this type of maneuver by the cop?

Look, I'm certainly no advocate of unnecessary police violence, but I'd like a little information before I jump to any conclusions here. The cop wasn't attacking some political protester here, he's attacking a criminal who just put people's lives in danger. What's the protocol?

LAPD, no. But I know in other areas, kicking or hitting someone in the head is a big wrong that is taught. It can cause serious lasting injuries.

Hi fiving afterwards? Should be fired. A lawyer would have a field day with that last item too.

KoldKut
05-13-2009, 10:52 PM
//

BeFranklin
05-13-2009, 10:57 PM
If you look at the cop video, the suspect was down on the ground with arms spread, not moving and defenseless.

That was assault. Keeping with current standards, the cop should get about 3 years in prison on conviction - and its on film.
Conviction would be almost automatic. The only way the cop will have out of going to jail is striking a deal with a crooked
justice system, and that is almost certainly what he will try.

KoldKut
05-13-2009, 11:00 PM
//

LibertyEagle
05-13-2009, 11:06 PM

*crickets*

The perp was arrested. He will be tried in a court of law. If found guilty, he will be sentenced. That's the way it's supposed to work.

LibertyEagle
05-13-2009, 11:08 PM

:eek:

It's certainly NOT kicking someone in the frickin' head!! The guy was not resisting. He was flat out on the ground with arms and legs spread eagle.

purplechoe
05-13-2009, 11:11 PM

And for what? Because I expressed some opinions that people found distasteful? Because I dared to not share in the groupthink? Because my posts contained elements of sarcasm? Because I didn't back down when certain posters clucked their tongues at me?

Well if you are so shocked, and can not bear to view my satanic ramblings any longer, then may I suggest to you the "ignore user" feature of these forums? It's a great feature. It allows you to block out anyone and everyone who's views you find offensive, stupid, and/or trollish. Turning a chaotic forum of argument into a soothing place where all your preconceptions can be reinforced, all your desires echoed, and all your blandness welcomed.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2008/07/11/business/fannie650.jpg

Lord Xar
05-14-2009, 01:51 AM
If you look at the cop video, the suspect was down on the ground with arms spread, not moving and defenseless.

That was assault. Keeping with current standards, the cop should get about 3 years in prison on conviction - and its on film.
Conviction would be almost automatic. The only way the cop will have out of going to jail is striking a deal with a crooked
justice system, and that is almost certainly what he will try.

Well, I am not one for violence but I am not so sure I am of the mind that the cop was 'so' wrong.

Hear me out. this thug leads police on a wild high speed chase.... jeopardizing many lives in the process. He gets out and runs... and ONLY when he can't get away, he "gives up".... he is certainly not defenseless in the respect I think. Infact, given his behaviour, a reasonable person can't assume anything.

Perhaps I was raised differently. But you don't act the fool, jeopardize lives and obviously a criminal, then cry foul when you get a boot to the head.

Hi fives???? hmmm. C'mon, the high five was given AFTER the dude was handcuffed and the 'chase done'. The high fives wasn't for the boot in the head, but for apprehending the criminal, what is wrong with that? Its like scoring a touchdown... you know what I mean. I think the extreme I take it one way, you perhaps take it the other.... lets meet in the middle.

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-14-2009, 02:11 AM
um i doubt he high-fived him for kicking his head, but for catching him

BeFranklin
05-14-2009, 02:30 AM
Perhaps I was raised differently. But you don't act the fool, jeopardize lives and obviously a criminal, then cry foul when you get a boot to the head.

Hi fives???? hmmm. C'mon, the high five was given AFTER the dude was handcuffed and the 'chase done'. The high fives wasn't for the boot in the head, but for apprehending the criminal, what is wrong with that? Its like scoring a touchdown... you know what I mean. I think the extreme I take it one way, you perhaps take it the other.... lets meet in the middle.

Well, if we are going to make up stories, the guy ran because he was afraid of the cop.

Where I was raised, cops don't have any more power than citizens. But that was an america a long time ago.

Objectivist
05-14-2009, 03:48 AM
I was always told that if I use my feet it's a FELONY. I understand the Police Chief said it's under review, as if watching the video wasn't enough to charge the shithead with felony assault. Maybe they should hire a new Chief that understands the LAW.

LibertyEagle
05-14-2009, 04:28 AM
Well, I am not one for violence but I am not so sure I am of the mind that the cop was 'so' wrong.

Hear me out. this thug leads police on a wild high speed chase.... jeopardizing many lives in the process. He gets out and runs... and ONLY when he can't get away, he "gives up".... he is certainly not defenseless in the respect I think. Infact, given his behaviour, a reasonable person can't assume anything.

For what purpose would the cop have for kicking the guy in the head?

He wasn't trying to resist arrest. So, the only reason could be that the cop was pissed off and decided to abuse his position to assault the guy. The cop isn't above the law. In fact, just like the book is thrown at people who kill policemen, likewise the book should be thrown at policemen who abuse their power. Police simply must be held to at least the standard of everyone else, if not higher, because of the power they wield. They exist to protect the populace and to enforce laws. If they're not going to be held to those same laws that they enforce, then they're nothing else but thugs.

Objectivist
05-14-2009, 04:41 AM
For what purpose would the cop have for kicking the guy in the head?

He wasn't trying to resist arrest. So, the only reason could be that the cop was pissed off and decided to abuse his position to assault the guy. The cop isn't above the law. In fact, just like the book is thrown at people who kill policemen, likewise the book should be thrown at policemen who abuse their power. Police simply must be held to at least the standard of everyone else, if not higher, because of the power they wield. They exist to protect the populace and to enforce laws. If they're not going to be held to those same laws that they enforce, then they're nothing else but thugs.

He was gas on full ahead in the moment when he kicked him in the head. I've seen that drug kick into gear before and it aint pretty. That same emotion comes out in villages where women and children get massacred or raped and tortured.

Anti Federalist
05-14-2009, 05:11 AM
Not a neocon, just an admirer of Machiavelli.

And at the end of it all all, there it is.

A moral compass so completely fucked, that it can never be understood by folks such as yourself, that you will one day find yourself being "eliminated" because your end will justify somebody else's means.

This is the logic that brings the killing field, the gulag and the gas chamber.

Learn it and fight it wherever it rears it's ugly head.

Ninja Homer
05-14-2009, 05:19 AM
Well, the message is clear... if you decide to run from the police, you just better keep on running and not give up. If you give yourself up, there's a chance you'll get kicked in the head, and you may or may not survive that.

I don't think this is the message police want to send, unless of course they really want people to run from them. If that's the case, they aren't really law enforcement officers, they're sociopaths with badges.

Objectivist
05-14-2009, 05:24 AM
And for anyone questioning if it really hurt the criminal, take note of his foot turning inward to the centerline of his body when he takes the boot to the head. Pain response.

PaulaGem
05-14-2009, 06:07 AM

Meatwasp
05-14-2009, 06:42 AM
My Brother in Law was a cop and he told me he saw so many criminals and got under so much stress that he found he was beating up people too. He felt so bad that he quit and joined the fire department. The cop should get fired or quit as he is no use to the department anymore. Some men are weaker than others.

diggronpaul
05-14-2009, 06:51 AM
:eek:

It's certainly NOT kicking someone in the frickin' head!! The guy was not resisting. He was flat out on the ground with arms and legs spread eagle.
I'm trying to understand the real nature of the problem here, I'm not attempting to excuse the action. For example, as has been more recently discussed in this thread, was the cop under unbelieveable stress for some reason? Did he just work ten 14-hours shifts in a row? Was one of his buddies just killed in the line of duty by another crazy driver? Is he on meds of some sort? Seems to me that we all want to prevent this behavior. To do this, we must understand its true triggers. Somehow, I don't think this was just about a bad Cop, I think there is more to it. Finding what that is and addressing it where I'm coming from.

LibertyEagle
05-14-2009, 07:44 AM
I'm trying to understand the real nature of the problem here, I'm not attempting to excuse the action. For example, as has been more recently discussed in this thread, was the cop under unbelieveable stress for some reason? Did he just work ten 14-hours shifts in a row? Was one of his buddies just killed in the line of duty by another crazy driver? Is he on meds of some sort? Seems to me that we all want to prevent this behavior. To do this, we must understand its true triggers. Somehow, I don't think this was just about a bad Cop, I think there is more to it. Finding what that is and addressing it where I'm coming from.

Might be interesting for other cops, but this one needs to go.

angelatc
05-14-2009, 07:51 AM
I look at it like this. That guy should be thankful it was the cop that kicked him in the head and not one of the people he nearly took out with his shenanigans.

I would imagine he is very glad about it, as is his lawyer. The city has deep pockets.

angelatc
05-14-2009, 07:55 AM
I was always told that if I use my feet it's a FELONY. I understand the Police Chief said it's under review, as if watching the video wasn't enough to charge the shithead with felony assault. Maybe they should hire a new Chief that understands the LAW.

Actually I respect a boss who will stand up for his employees in tough times. The Chief has to keep the respect of the other thugs who report to him so he has to be rather slow and methodical about his stance here.

Kraig
05-14-2009, 08:08 AM
They are NOT his employees. He is one public servant in charge of other public servant. They are OUR employees.

Who am I kidding though, idealistically that is how it should be, to people who think tax funding police are a good thing that is how it should be. To me they are just thugs.

constituent
05-14-2009, 09:22 AM

I disagree w/ the overall synthesis of your opinion in this thread, but the above wins post of the year.

diggronpaul
05-14-2009, 09:35 AM
Might be interesting for other cops, but this one needs to go.
How do you know? How do you really know?

I think the issue is systemic, even though I'd say its very likely that the police, media and political class will attempt to convince the public that its one rogue cop, as you are indicating here.

I'm going to speculate that our public safety officers are getting inappropriate training, participate in a culture that condones this kinda violence, and are under unimaginable forces of stress. I'm going to speculate that these conditions would turn the best of men into ones who might flip on occasion.

Again, I'm not trying to excuse horrendous behavior, I'm just not going to be so quick to isolate the problem to a single bad apple. I think we have a bigger issue on our hands, and I'm not prepared to say that this situation has arisen accidentally either.

Kraig
05-14-2009, 09:40 AM
I would imagine enslaving people who are innocent would lead to to a TON of stress when you're trying to maintain the persona both to yourself and others that you are a good person and even better than most in society.

LibertyEagle
05-14-2009, 09:41 AM
How do you know? How do you really know?
I saw him kick the guy in the head. That's how I know.

I'm not interested in rehabilitating him. He needs to find a new career.

PaulaGem
05-14-2009, 09:57 AM

Kraig
05-14-2009, 10:04 AM
Cops protect drug dealers, it's pretty ugly.

They do that here to just not exactly voluntarily. If certain cops catch a meth cook they will try to force him to cook for their group, if he does he get's legal protection, if he doesn't he ends up in jail.

diggronpaul
05-14-2009, 10:29 AM
I saw him kick the guy in the head. That's how I know.

I'm not interested in rehabilitating him. He needs to find a new career.
My interest is in identifying the problem and resolving it, whatever that may be. .... and I find it hard to believe that its a single rogue cop.

Freedom 4 all
05-14-2009, 10:33 AM
Not a neocon, just an admirer of Machiavelli.

Neocon: noun [Neo-kon] Late English. An admirer of Machiavelli

constituent
05-14-2009, 10:33 AM
I think the issue is systemic, even though I'd say its very likely that the police, media and political class will attempt to convince the public that its one rogue cop, as you are indicating here.

I'm going to speculate that our public safety officers are getting inappropriate training, participate in a culture that condones this kinda violence, and are under unimaginable forces of stress. I'm going to speculate that these conditions would turn the best of men into ones who might flip on occasion.

Again, I'm not trying to excuse horrendous behavior, I'm just not going to be so quick to isolate the problem to a single bad apple. I think we have a bigger issue on our hands, and I'm not prepared to say that this situation has arisen accidentally either.

This analysis is spot on.

Today, many "law" enFORCEment officers were trained to murder their fellow man in Iraq, Afghanistan and elsewhere.

As long as we live in a society of hero worship/hero culture, expect these problems to intensify. These incidents are merely symptoms of a broader, corrupted way of thinking.

constituent
05-14-2009, 10:35 AM
Neocon: noun [Neo-kon] Late English. An admirer of Machiavelli

you clearly misunderstood machiavelli. i recommend a re-read (or, probably a first read) of his life's history and work.

thanks.

LiveFree79
05-14-2009, 10:49 AM
A kick to the head like that can kill someone. Why don't we just let cops shoot and kill "criminals" like that? Screw the court of law. :rolleyes:

If cops were smarter they can inflict a little pain in much more subtle ways. Like putting an armbar on the guy and ratcheting up the pain. The camera can't see that. A kick to the head is uncalled for when someone is resisting. The cop should be charged with assault.

HRD53
05-14-2009, 02:40 PM
This was an interesting thread to read. I wonder how many of these opinions are at least partially based on negative dealings with law enforcement in the past...

I mean, the officer clearly was out of line and should be reprimanded, but you'll just have to forgive me for not feeling very bad for that criminal

Remember he's a criminal that just endangered a whole bunch of other people's lives. I'd like to see how many of you would act rationally with all that adrenaline pumping through your system.

I am not as zero tolerance as you guys are... Should he be fired? Perhaps. Be sent to jail? Give me a friggin break...

ceakins
05-14-2009, 02:45 PM
could've just shot him, and said i thought i pulled my taser..

Actually that happened here with a female Kitsap County Deputy.

Anti Federalist
05-14-2009, 02:47 PM
This was an interesting thread to read. I wonder how many of these opinions are at least partially based on negative dealings with law enforcement in the past...

I mean, the officer clearly was out of line and should be reprimanded, but you'll just have to forgive me for not feeling very bad for that criminal

Remember he's a criminal that just endangered a whole bunch of other people's lives. I'd like to see how many of you would act rationally with all that adrenaline pumping through your system.

I am not as zero tolerance as you guys are... Should he be fired? Perhaps. Be sent to jail? Give me a friggin break...

It's not a question of "feeling bad for criminal".

Until he is found guilty by a jury of his peers he is a "suspect".

There are laws, by the volume, by the truckload, that we, non government employee citizens must follow to the "t".

There are laws and policies that regulate police work as well.

Wholesale violation of those laws, combined with the extreme and unwarranted power that "law enforcement" has been given over the last 20 years or so, is a dangerous precedent.

It's very simple:

You either "go by the book", or you are nothing more than a gangster with a badge.

And that is the very worst sort of gangster.

asimplegirl
05-14-2009, 02:52 PM
My interest is in identifying the problem and resolving it, whatever that may be. .... and I find it hard to believe that its a single rogue cop.

In THIS case, one rogue cop IS the issue, as the suspect in the crime has been apprehended, and is under custody. NOW, there is another crime. Assault, or even attempted murder, depending on how you look at it.

torchbearer
05-14-2009, 02:56 PM
Bill Clinton was like machiavelli.
It is better to act like you are a generous ruler and not really give much... but give the perception that you are.
His lessons are more true for totalitarian rulers, especially those in which the people are dependant on them.
You couldn't use his lessons to be a minarchist ruler.

BeFranklin
05-14-2009, 02:57 PM
Actually I respect a boss who will stand up for his employees in tough times. The Chief has to keep the respect of the other thugs who report to him so he has to be rather slow and methodical about his stance here.

What are you even doing on these forums?

BeFranklin
05-14-2009, 02:58 PM
I would imagine he is very glad about it, as is his lawyer. The city has deep pockets.

Most of these lawsuits don't go anywhere. The DA if he is corrupt will find some additional false charges to file, and then make a deal to drop the charges if the civil suits are dropped. Completely corrupt.

BeFranklin
05-14-2009, 03:02 PM

You should reform the court system then. People routinely get about three years for this.

I'm not going to advocate cops get judged under different standards then other people. If anything, they have higher standards, not look away and get away standards.

BY THE WAY

This is why making sure that citizens are aware of INDEPENDENT GRAND JURIES are important. Even if the DA is corrupt, a grand jury can file charges against the
cop after seeing this.

Objectivist
05-14-2009, 03:09 PM

Methodical? Is there any question that kicking someone head is wrong and illegal? There was NO reason for what happened in that video, none at all.

I have the books that cops use during their academy training and I can't find the kick the shit out of their head maneuver anywhere.

BeFranklin
05-14-2009, 03:12 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_11799659

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2009/0227/20090227__CopShooting2~p1.jpg

This should be its own separate thread. There is good reason to believe the cop may have murdered the man.

This was a murder and a cover up. Pure and simple. We heard and saw the event and will testify in court when it comes to it.

Even a possible witness that posted the above in italics from that newspaper forum that was linked above.

That forum is also filled with some people advocating cop violence, and the cops should do whatever they like, etc. Comments like this is going to
cause widespread violence faster than anything I can think of. In fact, the widespread police brutality is being caused by these advocators.

Met Income
05-16-2009, 09:16 AM
This is from someone I know (former cop) what say you:

Bottom line, cops don't have the right to mete out punishment, its not their job.

I saw the same thing alot of you did, which apparently, was a cop using unnecessary force on a surrendering perp.

However.... there are several mitigating factors involved here, if you will indulge me. And I do understand the cop-bashing, believe me.

First off, you DO have the right to use physical force to get a guy into custody.

Holding a guy at gunpoint is NOT custody and these mutts know this better than anyone else.

Most gang-bangers KNOW that you cannot shoot them if they are apparently unarmed and not a threat, and they have a sixth sense for weak cops who fail to take control of a perp. immediately.

For instance, it is not unusual for a perp. like this to feign surrender and then quickly assess the situation when three other cops don't immediately come around the corner after this first cop.

Many cops can read these guys minds and body language like a book in those situations and know if this guy requires a non-lethal reminder of whose in charge at that time and that place.( isolated, no other cops there yet and no telling when they will arrive)

If you watched this video, you saw the perp. take quite a circuitous route to where he ended up and I'm sure the cop AND him were surprised to see eachother....and they both knew they were alone.

The cop is full of adrenaline, the perp is full of adrenaline and anything can happen.

Countless cops have been killed in this exact scenario.

Can anyone here handcuff a sweaty, adrenaline primed perp. while holding a their service gun steady, after a long foot pursuit?

Most likely, he puts that gun away, then tries to cuff the perp.

Do you think the perp. is possibly waiting for this moment to use the neat little wrestling tricks he learned in the prison yard during long boring afternoons in the sun? Possibly use the holster grabbing tricks they teach in prison?

The kick, as ugly as it appeared, shows this perp. that this is not a weak, by- the- book cop who will wait patiently for back-up before controlling him physically. He knows, it is over.

This was a calculated risk by the cop in a potentially life and death situation, where he and the perp. know the gun is merely a prop for all intents and purposes at that moment.

Now, when the dust is settled,the Cops powers of articulation will make him or break him.

If the cop comes out and say "I was pissed, he is a perp. and he ran from me"

Then, bye bye badge. See ya! And deservedly so.

The high five? Meh, thats a one for the good guys type of thing, especially when so many of these perps. get away during these ridiculous chases.

That being said, all the other videos out there with the ten cops in a circle around a dude...kicking, swinging night sticks....I make no apologies, they let simple adrenaline and anger take over and shame on the cooler heads who stood by and allowed this...

Its assault, pure and simple.

This is one of the few where I can watch it and possibly understand, though I have have never done that myself.

Danke
05-16-2009, 09:27 AM
This is from someone I know (former cop) what say you:

Bottom line, cops don't have the right to mete out punishment, its not their job.

I saw the same thing alot of you did, which apparently, was a cop using unnecessary force on a surrendering perp.

However.... there are several mitigating factors involved here, if you will indulge me. And I do understand the cop-bashing, believe me.

First off, you DO have the right to use physical force to get a guy into custody.

Holding a guy at gunpoint is NOT custody and these mutts know this better than anyone else.

Most gang-bangers KNOW that you cannot shoot them if they are apparently unarmed and not a threat, and they have a sixth sense for weak cops who fail to take control of a perp. immediately.

For instance, it is not unusual for a perp. like this to feign surrender and then quickly assess the situation when three other cops don't immediately come around the corner after this first cop.

Many cops can read these guys minds and body language like a book in those situations and know if this guy requires a non-lethal reminder of whose in charge at that time and that place.( isolated, no other cops there yet and no telling when they will arrive)

If you watched this video, you saw the perp. take quite a circuitous route to where he ended up and I'm sure the cop AND him were surprised to see eachother....and they both knew they were alone.

The cop is full of adrenaline, the perp is full of adrenaline and anything can happen.

Countless cops have been killed in this exact scenario.

Can anyone here handcuff a sweaty, adrenaline primed perp. while holding a their service gun steady, after a long foot pursuit?

Most likely, he puts that gun away, then tries to cuff the perp.

Do you think the perp. is possibly waiting for this moment to use the neat little wrestling tricks he learned in the prison yard during long boring afternoons in the sun? Possibly use the holster grabbing tricks they teach in prison?

The kick, as ugly as it appeared, shows this perp. that this is not a weak, by- the- book cop who will wait patiently for back-up before controlling him physically. He knows, it is over.

This was a calculated risk by the cop in a potentially life and death situation, where he and the perp. know the gun is merely a prop for all intents and purposes at that moment.

Now, when the dust is settled,the Cops powers of articulation will make him or break him.

If the cop comes out and say "I was pissed, he is a perp. and he ran from me"

Then, bye bye badge. See ya! And deservedly so.

The high five? Meh, thats a one for the good guys type of thing, especially when so many of these perps. get away during these ridiculous chases.

That being said, all the other videos out there with the ten cops in a circle around a dude...kicking, swinging night sticks....I make no apologies, they let simple adrenaline and anger take over and shame on the cooler heads who stood by and allowed this...

Its assault, pure and simple.

This is one of the few where I can watch it and possibly understand, though I have have never done that myself.

Interesting. I didn't watch the video, but I can understand the cop's prospective here.

angelatc
05-16-2009, 10:10 AM
Interesting. I didn't watch the video, but I can understand the cop's prospective here.

Good! Then you'll understand that when they start gathering us up and sending us to detention centers because something bad might happen if they don't.

Now, when the dust is settled,the Cops powers of articulation will make him or break him. If the cop comes out and say "I was pissed, he is a perp. and he ran from me" Then, bye bye badge. See ya! And deservedly so.

It's all in how they sell it.