PDA

View Full Version : FDA will ban Apples

UtahApocalypse
05-13-2009, 11:11 AM
Washington - Orchard growers in the state of Washington are outraged at the Food & Drug Administration recent recent announcement that Apples are a drug. The FDA decision comes in light of the claim that "An Apple a day keeps the doctor away." That claim says the administration causes a health claim that has not been evaluated. Making such a statement is not allowed under the administrations rules. Unless the Apple Growers Association is willing to release a statement that Apples do not show any health improvements then the fruit will be banned and recalled from vendors and stores.

acptulsa
05-13-2009, 11:14 AM
As a matter of fact, the FDA is considering banning anything labeled with the term 'food' unless the producers can prove in a twelve million dollar double-blind government-run study that it has some nutritional value. Until then, all food is to be relabeled 'consumptive products'. Big Pharma, meanwhile, has announced a new line of nutritional supplements in three varieties, which they will jointly sell under the brand name 'soylent'. For the moment, this will be the only use of the word 'nutritional' allowed by the federal government...

Andrew-Austin
05-13-2009, 11:22 AM
Apples are competing with big pharma's new nutritional food product, soylent green.

Elwar
05-13-2009, 11:38 AM
Apples are claimed to be good for you plus they taste good.

If it's too good to be true then it probably is. The FDA needs to step in and protect the consumer on this one.

Working Poor
05-13-2009, 11:44 AM
I cannot find any reference to this story

Roxi
05-13-2009, 11:47 AM
i swear every day everything i hear about what TPTB are doing sounds like Im living in The Onion Land....

oh by the way.... cheerios are on this list too, did you know cheerios is the new crazy drug kids are doing these days?

Roxi
05-13-2009, 11:49 AM
ps heres the link to the cheerios one: http://wcbstv.com/health/cheerios.general.mills.2.1007986.html

Andrew-Austin
05-13-2009, 11:51 AM
I cannot find any reference to this story

That is because the OP is joking, in light of the very real Cheerios story.

Working Poor
05-13-2009, 11:52 AM
I guess apples are much more dangerous than aspartame....

Todd
05-13-2009, 11:58 AM
Just before you think this could be a joke......google B17 + apple seeds.

Some believe they can actually fight cancer. The possibility of them being good for cancer prevention might not sit well with Big Pharm.