PDA

View Full Version : Experiment in Website Advertising

TonySutton
05-13-2009, 06:35 AM
I have often been amused by the ads which appear in certain threads here. As an experiment I would like people who wish to participate do 2 things.

1. See which ads appear when viewing this thread and post the subject matter of the ad. ie Korean Dating Service (This is the ad which prompted me to make this thread)

2. Write a paragraph using at least 5-10 nouns of your choosing so we can see how the available ads change as the thread grows.

Since I am starting the thread there are no ads viewable

My random paragraph concerns evil empires growing from overseas dictatorships. They attempt to crush our free markets by hording commodities while seeking nuclear capabilities. Their intent is to make a colony on Mars!

DamianTV
05-13-2009, 12:58 PM
What, no verbs? Proper sentences are supposed to have Nouns and Verbs! :P

I wont be of much help as literally none of those ads appear for me. This post will just end up being a place holder, so your ads appear correctly, if thats how it works... Actually, I take that back, I do see 4 ads at the top, 4 static box ads. Jesse Ventura, to the right is Harris US Congress 2010, teh two below: Win a phone call with Aimee Allen, and Pledge Today, Draft Kokesh.

I know the forums are supported by ads, and Im not in the habit of going after every advertiser on every site just for the sake of it, just the ones that pop up all over the place and are beyond offensive.