PDA

View Full Version : Question Regarding Purchases at RONPAUL2008.com

libertarian4321
09-20-2007, 12:13 PM
Does anyone know the rules regarding purchases at www.ronpaul2008.com?

If I buy $80 worth of stuff, does it all count toward the $2,300 limit, or do I only count the amount over the "value" of the merchandise?

For example, I'm buying a RON PAUL 2008 cap for $17.76- I figure the cap is worth no more than $10, so would I count the whole $17.76 or only $7.76 (purchase price minus merchandise value).

My wife and I aren't at the contribution limit yet, but this may become a factor as time goes by- just wondered if anyone could help me out.

I have to buy new Tshirts, I've worn my other Ron Paul tshirts out (either that or destroyed them with mustard stains).

reduen
09-20-2007, 12:16 PM
Does anyone know the rules regarding purchases at www.ronpaul2008.com?

If I buy $80 worth of stuff, does it all count toward the $2,300 limit, or do I only count the amount over the "value" of the merchandise?

For example, I'm buying a RON PAUL 2008 cap for $17.76- I figure the cap is worth no more than $10, so would I count the whole $17.76 or only $7.76 (purchase price minus merchandise value).

My wife and I aren't at the contribution limit yet, but this may become a factor as time goes by- just wondered if anyone could help me out.

I have to buy new Tshirts, I've worn my other Ron Paul tshirts out (either that or destroyed them with mustard stains).

I am petty sure that the total amount goes against your limit. I have a donation reciept for my purchase and it is for the total amount.

mkrfctr
09-20-2007, 12:30 PM
Yes, AFAIK, and I think others have commented as well, any dollar amount you send to Ron Paul, whether you get merchandise, a telemarketer's time and a thank you note, a dinner, or a private tour of Disney Land, it's the dollar amount you send, not the dollar amount over the cost to provide whatever it is that got you to donate that counts.

Which is nice for padding the $total donated amount the MSM uses, but not so nice for those who might hit their limits.

If you think that will be a concern, someone had posted a note on the store saying "if you're over your limit call so-and-so at whats-the-number", so you could do that also.

jj111
09-20-2007, 01:08 PM
That toll free number cannot be reached from my calling area.