PDA

View Full Version : DO NOT BUY: Liberty and Tyranny: A Conservative Manifesto, by Mark Levin

foofighter20x
05-13-2009, 02:24 AM
In case anyone has forgotten, this was the asshat who told his radio audience not to vote for our good doctor back in 2007.

And now he has the GALL to attempt to cash in on OUR rhetoric.

Pathetic. :rolleyes:

revolutionman
05-13-2009, 02:27 AM
:In my best Reverend Wright impression:

God Damn Him!!!!

slacker921
05-13-2009, 03:58 AM
Doesn't he support the Patriot Act? ....

Golding
05-13-2009, 04:34 AM
We can organize a book burning. I'm good with effigies. :]

rpfan2008
05-13-2009, 04:58 AM
^ Burnings are old fashioned, I think a mass peeing would be nice :omg:

sarahgop
05-13-2009, 05:04 AM
mr levin is a hypocrite. he blasted mccain but then supported him.

Chester Copperpot
05-13-2009, 05:05 AM
Mark levin is almost as bad a liar as Mitt Romney.. This guy will talk about the need to adhere to the constitution and even use words like "Liberty" and then the next sentence will be the most ludicrous anti-liberty shit you ever did hear.

angelatc
05-13-2009, 06:49 AM
Wouldn't it be funny to seed the Ron Paul Manifesto audio book, titled with Levin's info though?

I can just imagine some neocon listening to the message, thinking "What the hell?"

Chester Copperpot
05-13-2009, 06:51 AM
that would be great... take the cover off mark levin's book and put it on ron pauls book. haha

heavenlyboy34
05-13-2009, 06:55 AM
Thanx for reminding me about the douche Levin-I'll have to include him in a satire piece ;)

RichieLibertarian
05-13-2009, 11:20 AM
Levin is a phony conservative, neocon to the heart who supports unjust wars and the federal reserve... he is constantly bashing paul and his supporters for silly reasons....

I went to amazon and started a post at levins liberty and tyranny review page titled "Why does Levin like to discredit the honorable Congressman Dr. Ron Paul?"

you guys should check out the link and chime in, start some ruckus lol....

http://www.amazon.com/Levin-discredit-honorable-Congressman-Paul/forum/Fx1LHCC8HH8X3OO/Tx3OEILO79Y2I3G/1/ref=cm_cd_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&asin=1416562850

rpfan2008
05-13-2009, 11:36 AM
I highly recommending buying this book from Amazon and flooding bad reviews.

tonesforjonesbones
05-13-2009, 11:59 AM
Levin is a goon...he recently said he's supporting Cherry to beat Ron Paul...zionist bastard. tones

Uriel999
05-13-2009, 12:12 PM
Richie I looked at those responses...I had to stop when that one guy said:

Ron Paul has some good points, but overall he is too radical for most people. When you are far to the right of Sean Hannity you are unbelieveable and unelectable.

ughhh, my mind got overloaded with comments to say about this.

RichieLibertarian
05-13-2009, 12:24 PM
haha i know....i was cursing to myself when i read that....i been trying to keep it civil over there, but i might have to unload pretty soon lol...these "conservatives" are so so lost its sad...

Feenix566
05-13-2009, 12:27 PM
Richie I looked at those responses...I had to stop when that one guy said:

ughhh, my mind got overloaded with comments to say about this.

This is what pisses me off about the whole left-right spectrum concept. People who read that "Ron Paul is more conservative than Sean Hannity" will misinterpret it to mean that Ron Paul is more extreme than Sean Hannity in every way in which Sean Hannity is different from Democrats. So in other words, they'll assume that Ron Paul supports torture more than Sean Hannity, which couldn't be further from the truth.

ctiger2
05-13-2009, 12:36 PM
Levin's a whiny beitch.

Eric21ND
05-13-2009, 01:32 PM
we should stuff CFL info in every one of his books :)

jclay2
05-13-2009, 02:24 PM
Levin is a goon...he recently said he's supporting Cherry to beat Ron Paul...zionist bastard. tones

Are you serious? If you have proof of this statement I would love to hear it. Holy crap, Cherry isn't even an economic conservative. Screw you Levin.

heavenlyboy34
05-13-2009, 02:26 PM
we should stuff CFL info in every one of his books :)

BRAVO! I love that idea! :D:):cool: Don't forget to include a promo for RP's manifesto too. ;):D

Athan
05-13-2009, 06:32 PM
Mass peeing. Lol. That is some sort of uncatagorized form of win.

Derek Johnson
05-28-2009, 07:52 AM
Liberty vs. Tyranny is a lightweight treatise of neo-conservatism for those who may be uninitiated to the Austrian school of economics. Partisan politics knows no limits with Mark Levin, who will never point fingers at the real problem, the FEDERAL RESERVE SYSTEM. A book Mark should have read before posing as a "pro-war Ron Paul" would be Griffin's 'Creature from Jeckyl Island'...a book about the Federal Reserve bank, or Tom Wood's 'Meltdown'. Rather, we have to endure Mark's blunt and clumsy ignorance and/or propaganda.

Levin either won't point at or is too ignorant to understand the real problem, the Federal Reserve Banking system. This is the big enabler. This is saying something, what Levin says is watered down Ron-Paul-wannabe blame it all on FDR and Democrats...go to the source, read the real Ron Paul [not the sophomoric imitation i.e. the subject book's author], read Mises, read Woods, read Smith, read DiLorenzo, read Hayek. Many Austrian economics books are free at the Mises institute, and they will take you from blockhead economics that Levin spews in his "book" to the reality of what is.

If you would bother to educate yourself, you wouldn't need the opinions of shrill block headed economy spewing/big empire government posers like Mark Levin. Yes FDR sucks indeed, but it goes to 1913, as most of our modern problems do.

Mark won't go to 1913, Mark stops at simple partisan drivel, and makes money with his nasel nautia crying and wailing that everything is the Democrats fault...no mention of the "crossing the aisle" compromises that make the big government Democrats and big government Republicans happy that they got their expensive bills and resolutions passed.

Mark Levin is no fan of Congressman Ron Paul which begs the question, why exactly is Mark Levin is no fan of Congressman Ron Paul if he is truly for limited government, self government, and the unregulated free market?

Contradictions?

Look, Mark Levin is not Hayek, Mises, Walter Williams, Tom Woods, Burton Folsom, Tom DiLorenzo, Murray Rothbard, Ron Paul, Devvy Kid or even close.

Instead of a Mises style approach we get the same old partisan "Republicans are correct", and "Democrats are incorrect", which should be an insult if you understand the compromises that politicians make to get their pork passed. Neither political party is fiscally conservative, NOT EVEN CLOSE.

When I finish this treatise of half-truths and partisan finger pointing that attempts in vain to establish that this author is for less government, I will disect this book chapter by chapter here and on YouTube, explaining why EXPANSIVE FOREIGN POLICY and small government policy are never complimentary or even capable of coexistence, especially under a private foreign controlled central bank with artificial interest rates that gets the exclusive right to print money out of thin air.

Wake up call to Mark Levin, and Mark Levin readers, a world empire under the Federal Reserve system racking up trillion dollar regime changes under circumstances of questionable motives will not lead to less government, it will lead to more government.

The expansions and examples that you say are lacking of "free market/small government" conservative ideas could have been cited specifically using the books of Mises, Hayek, Menger, Smith, Paul etc...but these men were not foreign intervension advocates as Levin obviously is...in Chapter 10, Mark supports the idea of changing foreign sovereign's head of state 'whenever it serves America's interest'. This is exactly how the general welfare clause, interstate commerce clause, and judicial review become the usurpations that Jefferson obviously feared. And, btw, we are approximately 1 trillion dollars less able to deal with N. Korea, China etc., thanks to our act in "keeping the world safe" by ousting Saddam Hussein.

Mark's support of both free market and interventionalist foreign policy in iself is a contradiction of the war-freemarket relationship viewpoint of Bastiat, Tocqueville, Burke, Locke, Smith, Madison, Jefferson, Franklin...all of whom Mark cites for support of "the conservative believes this and that" etc.

"Of all the enemies to public liberty war is, perhaps the most to be dreaded because it compromises and develops the germ of every other."

~James Madison

"I venture to say no war can be long carried on against the will of the people."

~Edmund Burke

"War...is harmful, not only to the conquered but to the conqueror."

~Ludwig von Mises

"'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded."

~FA Hayek

"When goods don't cross borders, soldiers will."

~Fredric Bastiat

"All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it."

~Alexis de Tocqueville

"All mankind...being all equal and independent, no one ought to harm another in his life, health, liberty or possessions."

~John Locke

"There never was a good war or a bad peace."

~Benjamin Franklin

"Commerce with all nations, alliance with none, should be our motto."

~Thomas Jefferson

"They are nations of eternal war. All their energies are expended in the destruction of the labor, property, and lives of their people."

~Thomas Jefferson

"O, it is excellent To have a giant's strength! But it is tyrannous To use it like a giant."

~William Shakespeare

"Peace is the virtue of civilization. War is its crime."

~Victor Hugo

"War is a racket."

~Major General Smedley Butler

"The moral and constitutional obligations of our representatives in Washington are to protect our liberty, not coddle the world, precipitating no-win wars, while bringing bankruptcy and economic turmoil to our people."

~Ron Paul

Mark Levin is simply a neoconservative Republican hack. Leo Strauss and Nicollo Machiavelli would be very proud of you Mark, congratulations.

Original_Intent
05-28-2009, 08:25 AM
I didn't even know who he was, but I took one look at his smug mug on the cover and I thought "Rush Limbaugh wanna-be". Seriously.

mczerone
05-28-2009, 08:49 AM
I saw a few ads for this on Drudge a few weeks ago.

Let Mark Levin further define "conservative" to be an ever more restrictive group, The Revolution: A Manifesto has no Us v. Them mentality, and welcomes all readers (save parasites).

Mark Levin's book seems to only allow a perfect world that contains only Mark Levin clones, and he will draw 'followers' only from that same crowd. Ron's book's perfect world lets you be you, lets you keep your productive rewards, and encourages peace, friendship and cooperation. Anyone can read it and agree that the system is broken.

I'm not at all worried about some tool trying to use the same old language-usurping tactics when we he is merely giving the calloused mind a thiker skin while we are winning hearts and minds and setting mental brush-fires.

kahless
05-28-2009, 09:12 AM
He is on the radio here in NY and on Sirius. Anyone that does not agree with his brand of Neo-Conservatism hates America.

Guys like him and Hannity are part of the problem since this is what the average Joe believes Conservatism is really all about. The sheeple cannot be bothered to take the time to understand the difference between real Conservatism and big government Neo-Conservatism. Guys like them are the reason why we had Bush for 8 years and now Obama. If his book says otherwise he is lying sack of shit since I listened to his radio show and the bashing of Ron Paul and Ron Paul supporters.

In the future we can expect these guys to continue to push big government types for office such as Romney, Gingrich, Guliani, etc.

BlackTerrel
05-28-2009, 11:52 AM
We can organize a book burning. I'm good with effigies. :]

Wouldn't that require you to buy the book?

RCA
05-28-2009, 12:27 PM
mod, please redirect this thread to Liberty Books (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=195)

Dreamofunity
05-28-2009, 01:08 PM
Do you even have to heed this warning?

dr. hfn
05-28-2009, 02:06 PM
review the book on amazon yourself. post your comments as reviews

V-rod
05-29-2009, 04:42 AM
I hate the Groucho Marx voiced Mark Levin.. but if I see one more person tell me not to buy his book, I'll go and buy it.

I flipped through his book, did not seem impressive.

LittleLightShining
05-29-2009, 05:15 AM
A friend I met during the RP campaign recently gave me a copy of this book. I didn't want to read it because of what I have heard here. I started it, it seemed okay and then I started watching Levin youtubes. I can't go any further with it. This guy is not on our side. I finally, finally convinced my friend of the same thing.