PDA

View Full Version : GOP: Plans for a Tea Party sequel

frasu
05-12-2009, 09:32 PM
What the heck?

Hoping to recapture the grassroots energy of last month’s “tea parties,” Republican Govs. Mark Sanford of South Carolina and Rick Perry of Texas will host a tele-town hall Thursday that’s being dubbed “Tea Party 2.0.”

The Republican Governors Association said it is expecting 30,000 people to participate in the town hall, which will take place roughly one month after the much-publicized anti-tax tea party rallies held in hundreds of locations across the country on April 15, the tax filing deadline.

From Politico (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0509/22436.html)

Don't Tread on Mike
05-12-2009, 09:37 PM
What historical value does may 15th have? And why would you have a tea-party 2.0 anyway? The only reason I can possibly se for this event is that its on my birthday and obviously this is some sort of surprise party for me.

He Who Pawns
05-12-2009, 10:20 PM
Neocon 2.0?

Texan4Life
05-12-2009, 11:06 PM
Neocon 2.0?
lol yep...

but then again if they posture with our ideals does it help or hurt the overall spreading of the message?

The tea parties hit mainstream. therefore politicians want to ride its coattails. We know who they truely are but does "mainsteam" know what they really stand for except whatever "popular" message they are currently spewing?

Do we use them to our advantage or oust them?
Seems like it could go either way. If we use them it helps spread the message, makes it mainstream, infects the GOP from the outside in, perhaps changing it back to the GOP RP talks about. The same way the necons infected it in the first place. Or perhaps it could backfire with these masked neocons twisting the message and getting reelected... to bad a dont have a crystal ball.

Though something tells me you wont find to many ron paul republicans at ripoff party 2.0

Imperial
05-12-2009, 11:59 PM
Swamp it with our supporters? :)

Imperial
05-13-2009, 12:02 AM
BTW, go here http://www.thegopcomeback.com/freedom to sign up to get a call.