PDA

View Full Version : GE to run 5000 propaganda news segments

ItsTime
05-12-2009, 05:47 PM
Glenn Beck mentioned today that GE will be running 5000 propaganda news segments on some new government program. I didnt catch all of what he said.

Ive looked for links but cant find any. Anyone know what he was talking about and have any links? Thanks Thanks.

Epic
05-12-2009, 09:24 PM
GE is lobbying for expensive climate change legislation because regulations help big businesses by squashing smaller competitors that don't have economies of scale and aren't "too big to fail".

That might be it.

Texan4Life
05-12-2009, 09:27 PM
GE is lobbying for expensive climate change legislation because regulations help big businesses by squashing smaller competitors that don't have economies of scale and aren't "too big to fail".

That might be it.

sounds like a good guess to me...

though if anyone does find some more info please share :)

Knightskye
05-12-2009, 09:53 PM
Well, check out their (not-too-recent) Superbowl ad:

YouTube - GE General Electric commercial - Wind Energy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fViObqGvIjM)

Probably something like that. I haven't seen any ads by them advocating people support legislation. But we are in an era of change, right?

Knightskye
05-12-2009, 11:48 PM
I'm watching the segment now.

Beck is talking to some guy from Sirius XM, and the Sirius guy said there would be 5,000 news segments about "Healthymagination".

Don't get me started on the name of the campaign. :D

Texan4Life
05-13-2009, 12:01 AM
"Healthymagination".

let me guess the wonder of universal healthcare?

show off GE super duper medical equipment.. and then laugh about how they no long need to waste money improving said products because the govt will buy all they can make for next 25 years?

ItsTime
05-13-2009, 04:03 AM
I'm watching the segment now.

Beck is talking to some guy from Sirius XM, and the Sirius guy said there would be 5,000 news segments about "Healthymagination".

Don't get me started on the name of the campaign. :D

Thank you!