PDA

View Full Version : Issue: Personal Liberty: Spot checks and undercover police cars

White Knight
06-02-2007, 03:04 AM
Where does Ron Paul stand on spot checks and undercover police cars? Hopefully, he is against them, because they totally infringe on our rights. No one should be randomly spot checked for no reason, and undercover police cars are total entrapment.

mdh
06-02-2007, 07:23 PM
I'm fine with undercover/unmarked police cars. I don't see how it's entrapment at all. As far as searches without any probable cause or a warrant, this is much shakier ground, and much more intrusive and, I'd say, somewhat unethical behavior on the part of the state in enforcing the law. I have personally never seen a statement from Dr. Paul on it, and I doubt there'll be one, since he's a federal official, and these are more issues at the state, county, and municipal levels.

RonPaul4President
06-02-2007, 07:37 PM
Where does Ron Paul stand on spot checks and undercover police cars? Hopefully, he is against them, because they totally infringe on our rights. No one should be randomly spot checked for no reason, and undercover police cars are total entrapment.

I completely agree with the spotchecks. Now the unmarked cars are just plain deceptive. A lot of people are gong to be pissed off when RP is President. Thankfully, it will only be the ones that have made us pissed off for so long. :D