PDA

View Full Version : Why I Cannot Support Sarah Palin For RP's VP

Captain Shays
09-20-2007, 10:34 AM
She may seem like a nice lady and a true Constitutional conservative but she's been helping this horrible slaughter of wolves in Alaska and that from low flying airplanes.
This issue is very close to me because I raise wolves and have three of them right now. The mother is a 40% Tundra wolf 30% Shepherd, 30% Malamute. The father is 95% Tundra and 5% Alaskan husky. The puppy is 68% Tundra, 15% Shepherd 15% Malamute and 2% Alaskan. (Shes for sale 3 months old, beautiful).

I know these animals are loving, intelligent and without a doubt feel emotions and pain when shot. Its a cruel practice and done for no other reason than to increase revenue for hunting expeditions. But the wolves don't really compete with the hunters for the same animals. As we all know from the many nature programs we've watched, wolves go after the weak, old and injured, while the hunters go after the trophey specimins.

Visit this site to learn more.
http://action.defenders.org/site/PageServer?pagename=savewolves_homepage

If wordd gets a\out about this while she's running with our candidate, it will and should bury their campaign in my opinion. As much as I love and admire Ron Paul, if he were to stand for something like this, it would blow it for me.
Since Sarah Palin does support and tries to hide the practice, it completely blows any support I might have had for her.

Dustancostine
09-20-2007, 10:36 AM
If the wolves are really a problem (which it sounds like they are not). Why don't they just have a wolf season like other game?

McDermit
09-20-2007, 10:36 AM
I didn't like her even before reading this. She's too far "right" for me.

paulpwns
09-20-2007, 10:40 AM
Who said Sarah Palin is going to be his VP?

Is this assumption?

Captain Shays
09-20-2007, 11:00 AM
No one said she was hoing to be the VP but we've all speculated about who might be a good choice. I am making my case here and now why she wouldn't be. In fact, this might even ruin my support of Ron Paul if he were to choose her.

Watch this video and you'll see what I'm talking about.
https://secure2.convio.net/dow/site/Advocacy?pagename=homepage&page=UserAction&id=837&autologin=1&s_einterest=C3C4&s_Affiliate=savewolves_&JServSessionIdr007=np10yh7gr1.app23a

ctb619
09-20-2007, 12:18 PM
Aerial hunting? That is just about the laziest thing I've ever heard of.

Original_Intent
09-20-2007, 12:27 PM
No one said she was hoing to be the VP but we've all speculated about who might be a good choice. I am making my case here and now why she wouldn't be. In fact, this might even ruin my support of Ron Paul if he were to choose her.

Watch this video and you'll see what I'm talking about.
https://secure2.convio.net/dow/site/Advocacy?pagename=homepage&page=UserAction&id=837&autologin=1&s_einterest=C3C4&s_Affiliate=savewolves_&JServSessionIdr007=np10yh7gr1.app23a

I had a response to this in all caps, but thought better of it.

Let me just say if this is the type of thing that you would flush your freedom down the toilet over, I question your priorities.

It's probably irrelevant anyway as I think the chances of Paul actually chosing her as VP are quite remote.

saku39
09-20-2007, 02:29 PM
With respect, I could care less about wolves in Alaska.

Bloody Holly
09-20-2007, 03:06 PM
Yes it's about the wolves isn't it. :rolleyes:

Give me a break.

literatim
09-20-2007, 03:07 PM
Was this really worth a new thread?

1000-points-of-fright
09-20-2007, 03:36 PM
Hunts from helicopters are not for sporting purposes. It's for efficiency. It's obviously a cull to control the population.

FYI: You're not raising wolves. You're raising wolf mixes.

Bloody Holly
09-20-2007, 04:32 PM
Hunts from helicopters are not for sporting purposes. It's for efficiency. It's obviously a cull to control the population.

FYI: You're not raising wolves. You're raising wolf mixes.

lol :)

Captain Shays
09-20-2007, 04:51 PM
There is no way I could ever support this practice or anyone who supports it. Cal is "culling" or call it inhumane. Its still the same thing

My male is for all intents and purposes pretty much a full wolf btw. We just call him 95% to make it legal to keep him.

Did the detracters see the video? If yes, how could you still be so indifferent?

CurtisLow
09-20-2007, 04:52 PM
Who said Sarah Palin is going to be his VP?

Is this assumption?

That's what I was thinking...

It's like saying Peewee Herman is going to be VP. Why because he said so.