PDA

View Full Version : Gov. Crist to run for US Senate seat in Florida

reduen
05-12-2009, 10:03 AM
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – Gov. Charlie Crist confirmed Tuesday he will run for U.S. Senate instead of re-election next year, a decision that gives Republicans their best shot at maintaining the seat Mel Martinez is leaving after one term.

The race is important to Republicans nationally as they try to keep Democrats from winning or holding a 60-seat majority in the Senate that can overcome GOP filibusters. Senate Democrats now have 59 votes and would reach 60 if Al Franken wins a marathon recount in Minnesota.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090512/ap_on_el_se/us_senate_race_crist

My question here is, who do we have running against him...!

tonesforjonesbones
05-12-2009, 10:07 AM
well i think crist can win...the democrats love him..<eyeroll> tones

Matt Collins
05-12-2009, 12:50 PM
My mom and i were discussing this today and she said "Crist needs to go retire on a yacht and take his trophy wife with him" ha ha ha ha.

JeNNiF00F00
05-12-2009, 12:56 PM
Oh god no! He can't even stay committed to one woman, much less committed to anything else.

Sandra
05-12-2009, 03:55 PM
According to RawStory, he was "outed" .

qh4dotcom
05-12-2009, 04:38 PM
You can blame Crist for Obama winning the election...Crist's endorsement of McCain two days before the Florida primary was the main reason McCain won Florida, gained momentum for Super Tuesday and eventually got the GOP nomination...and as we all know McCain never had a chance of beating Obama.

Brooklyn Red Leg
05-12-2009, 05:34 PM
Crist is a douchenozzle. I'm glad I'm moving out of Florida as I don't want that jackhole or Martinez to represent me in the US Senate.