PDA

View Full Version : Ron On Cnbc Now

MsDoodahs
09-20-2007, 10:17 AM
Fyi

Johnnybags
09-20-2007, 10:20 AM
2 percent inflation? He should be tarred and feathered.

Vonhayek7
09-20-2007, 10:29 AM
Why this is one of the best things Ron Paul has done recently....

Rothbard had a rule, we should specialize in what we know best. A lot of people who work on wall street or deal with financials have horrible ideas on politics. Ron Paul spoke for them on their fears of the dollar and just beat the shit out of Bernanke. I think he just got a lot of votes today.

nullvalu
09-20-2007, 10:31 AM
Crap I must have missed Paul talking.. Is he still in the room there? Will he speak again?

mwkaufman
09-20-2007, 10:32 AM
Anyone Youtube, I can't watch any of these other speakers. Especially the past middle aged woman flirting with the black guy who said spekilate and you all.

Ridiculous
09-20-2007, 10:33 AM
Summary of the conversation?

quickmike
09-20-2007, 10:41 AM
Summary of the conversation?

Bernake: things are rosy and we are set up to pull out of this bind with no problems.

Ron Paul: Sir, you my friend are full of shit!!!!

I didnt even see it, but I would bet thats pretty much what went down.

Johnnybags
09-20-2007, 10:42 AM
what the moral justification was for devaluing our dollar and causing poor and middle incomes to suffer the burden, and stated the I am sure the working group on markets have been quite busy in the markets and we have no idea how? Of course Bernanke turned pink and said one of the feds mandates was inflation, they watch it carefully and its running 2 percent? Where I have no clue but Bernanks is very nervous.

aravoth
09-20-2007, 10:44 AM
Bernake is so full of crap.

nullvalu
09-20-2007, 10:45 AM
Look at the prices.. Gold up huge gains, dollar plunging even more, and oil at $82+

aravoth
09-20-2007, 10:47 AM
Just go to the grocery store and look at the price of milk and bread for christs sake.

rp08rp
09-20-2007, 10:48 AM
Santelli, just praised him

ItsTime
09-20-2007, 10:48 AM
Look at the prices.. Gold up huge gains, dollar plunging even more, and oil at $82+

you people and your logic :rolleyes:

nullvalu
09-20-2007, 10:49 AM
Just go to the grocery store and look at the price of milk and bread for christs sake.

Yep it disgusts me.. Milk $4+/gallon.. I've actually bought my milk the last few weeks at gas stations because they have better prices!

rp08rp
09-20-2007, 10:49 AM

Iran is doing it
Iran is causing inflation, gotta nuke em

quickmike
09-20-2007, 10:54 AM
Iran is doing it
Iran is causing inflation, gotta nuke em

yeah, weve got to stop our dependence on Iranian cows!!!!

Syren123
09-20-2007, 10:57 AM
Bernake isn't the confident smoothie Greenspan was. He knows he's lying, he knows the fraud he's perpetrating, and he can't control his emotions, thus he turns pink.

rdenner
09-20-2007, 10:57 AM
I always watch these exchanges dating back to when Greenspan was on the hot seat. Usually the others on the House side are very complimentary and not at all confrontational. But of the 4 I saw(including Ron) they were all asking very tough(albiet the wrong question, except for Ron) question of him. AND THIS IS THE BIG PART, THEY DIDN"T CUT TO COMMERCIAL FOR RON PAUL!! And he got 12:20 billing on Power Lunch, which is when most people would more than likely be watching during the day(if they're geeks like me).

A poster earlier caught the same thing I did. BERNANKE IS NERVOUS!! I've never seen that before, even before Ron Paul spoke Ben's voice had a distinct quiver to it.

As to the Ron Paul versus Ben Bernanke exchange.

Ron: Wanted to start off by talking about moral hazzard and then quickly turns it around on him. Moral hazzard is suffered by those market participants who KNOW a bail out is coming. The idea of too big to fail, comes to mind. So Ron turns it around and says what about the MORALITY!! of devaluing our currency and unloading this all on the back of the working poor and the elderly savers of this country. What is the moral justification for debasing our own currency ON PURPOSE?? Also, how are the working poor going to afford the inflation that is already here and the avalanche that is on the way??

(very much paraphrasing here).

Ben: Inflation is running at 2%(which Ron should have made a rude phfffft sound too!!!) and that it's the federal reserve's charter to maintain monetary stability. WE ARE WATCHING OUT FOR INFLATION CLOSELY..

What a fucking load of shit..

RON OWNED HIM AGAIN!!

Robert

quickmike
09-20-2007, 11:00 AM
ooooh, power lunch is HUGE
lots of people will be watching that.

Mordechai Vanunu
09-20-2007, 11:01 AM
YouTube please please please...

Santana28
09-20-2007, 11:05 AM
yeah, weve got to stop our dependence on Iranian cows!!!!

actually, i thought they said it was because we were sending our corn and milk to china?? LOL

And i gotta see this Bernake guy turning pink. Someone make a flash cartoon of this exchange!

Syren123
09-20-2007, 11:17 AM
Milk to China...now that's brilliant! Most of the population is lactose intolerant since they don't grow up eating dairy (happened when Pizza Hut went into Japan in the 80s...people couldn't digest the cheese). Send them our milk and let the population stay home from work for 6 months with gastrointestinal problems, thereby peacefully derailing the trade imbalance.

quickmike
09-20-2007, 11:19 AM
Milk to China...now that's brilliant! Most of the population is lactose intolerant since they don't grow up eating dairy (happened when Pizza Hut went into Japan in the 80s...people couldn't digest the cheese). Send them our milk and let the population stay home from work for 6 months with gastrointestinal problems, thereby peacefully derailing the trade imbalance.

Good idea.................moooooosic to my ears!

michaelwise
09-20-2007, 11:23 AM
Ron Paul's question and explanation of Moral Hazard is Brilliant.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeHWW5gbc0w

Hook
09-20-2007, 11:24 AM
Bernake is so full of crap.

That is why his middle initial is S. ie B.S. Bernanke :D
(I'm not making this up)

ItsTime
09-20-2007, 11:24 AM
no youtube yet?

quickmike
09-20-2007, 11:29 AM
actually, i thought they said it was because we were sending our corn and milk to china?? LOL

And i gotta see this Bernake guy turning pink. Someone make a flash cartoon of this exchange!

Actually, ya know whats making the cost of beef and milk to go up? Its the fact that the government is subsidizing corn growers to use alot of their corn for Ethanol instead of feeding their livestock, which makes the price of feeding the livestock go up and they pass the cost along to us. Once again, the government interfering with the free market and causing all kinds of problems.

If the govt didnt subsidize Ethanol NOBODY would be for this scheme. Even if they used 100% of the corn crops in the US for strictly making Ethanol, it would only produce 13 % of our gasoline additive. Not to mention the gross energy used in the harvesting, turning corn into ethanol, hauling it to the processing plant. After all that its a net loss of energy. Thank god for government handouts huh?:mad:

The Good Doctor
09-20-2007, 11:31 AM
You got to be shitting me? They said because we are sending it to China? Fuck tell that to the farmers that are getting shit prices for their milk.

What next we will outsource our milk production to China for cheaper milk prices? Illegal alien cows coming up from Mexico looking for a job? :mad:

Santana28
09-20-2007, 11:31 AM
Actually, ya know whats making the cost of beef and milk to go up? Its the fact that the government is subsidizing corn growers to use alot of their corn for Ethanol instead of feeding their livestock, which makes the price of feeding the livestock go up and they pass the cost along to us. Once again, the government interfering with the free market and causing all kinds of problems.

If the govt didnt subsidize Ethanol NOBODY would be for this scheme. Even if they used 100% of the corn crops in the US for strictly making Ethanol, it would only produce 13 % of our gasoline additive. Not to mention the gross energy used in the harvesting, turning corn into ethanol, hauling it to the processing plant. After all that its a net loss of energy. Thank god for government handouts huh?:mad:

ethanol is total BS... a complete farce. just another method for them to make money.

actually, i think it was FAUX news... but they were talking about milk prices going up and they blamed it partly on corn being used for ethanol, but "moreso than that" - because we were sending corn to China increasingly as they move away from an "agricultural society" or some other BS like that. i dont remember what they said exactly, but i literally laughed out loud upon hearing it... it was that bad.

Santana28
09-20-2007, 11:32 AM
Illegal alien cows coming up from Mexico looking for a job? :mad:

better watch out for the American Chupacabras then! :eek:

Blowback
09-20-2007, 11:33 AM
Ron Paul's question and explanation of Moral Hazard is Brilliant.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeHWW5gbc0w

Well done with the link there!

Taco John
09-20-2007, 11:36 AM
Thanks for the video link! I submitted it to www.iDiggRonPaul.com. Help me out by voting for it!

quickmike
09-20-2007, 11:45 AM

I hear chupacabra milk is pretty tasty.................... that is if you can get close enough to milk one of those bastards.:D

http://www.oftm.com/chupamex.jpg

Scribbler de Stebbing
09-20-2007, 12:00 PM
If for any reason Ron Paul does not win -- and of course he will, so this is just idle chatter -- I've decided what he should get out of this campaign were he to, for example, pull only 49% of the GOP delegation. He needs to be appointed Fed Reserve Chairman. His brain can run circles around Bernanke's, and that's just when Ron Paul is sleeping.

Unfortunately, he will not be appointed Fed Chair. Because he's going to win the Presidency! :D

quickmike
09-20-2007, 12:03 PM
If for any reason Ron Paul does not win -- and of course he will, so this is just idle chatter -- I've decided what he should get out of this campaign were he to, for example, pull only 49% of the GOP delegation. He needs to be appointed Fed Reserve Chairman. His brain can run circles around Bernanke's, and that's just when Ron Paul is sleeping.

Unfortunately, he will not be appointed Fed Chair. Because he's going to win the Presidency! :D

Yeah, did you hear the bit at the beginning of the video where the guy introduced Ron as "representative from Texas, and perhaps...................... larger places."

A hint of things to come?

michaelwise
09-20-2007, 12:05 PM

Unfortunately, he will not be appointed Fed Chair. Because he's going to win the Presidency! :DAt the very least, Abolish the Federal Reserve now, and appoint Ron Paul as Treasury secretary.

nexalacer
09-20-2007, 12:07 PM
Have you guys seen the donations coming in since this came out? I think its already made a big impact.... the donations are going up VERY steadily since I first saw this post.

Dustancostine
09-20-2007, 12:09 PM
Kinda blows the whole "no use crying over spilled milk" saying doesnt it? LOL

:D

Pedro TT
09-20-2007, 12:10 PM
In for youtube link

quickmike
09-20-2007, 12:11 PM
Have you guys seen the donations coming in since this came out? I think its already made a big impact.... the donations are going up VERY steadily since I first saw this post.

where do you see live donation updates? If youre talking about that "fill the quill" thing on the front page, thats always about 18 hrs behind. They dont update it very much.

If you have a live donations update like could you post it?

Dustancostine
09-20-2007, 12:11 PM

http://www.khou.com/topstories/stories/khou070731_jj_chupacabrafind.cbe0f7fc.html

They are already catching them crossing the border. :)

reduen
09-20-2007, 12:12 PM
I hear chupacabra milk is pretty tasty.................... that is if you can get close enough to milk one of those bastards.:D

http://www.oftm.com/chupamex.jpg

LOL, that is a riot!!

Seriously, is there only just the one clip to see on this?

runderwo
09-20-2007, 12:16 PM
where do you see live donation updates? If youre talking about that "fill the quill" thing on the front page, thats always about 18 hrs behind. They dont update it very much.

If you have a live donations update like could you post it?

Wrong, it updates instantly as of yesterday. You can leave the page open and it will keep polling the server for new donations and update the graphic accordingly.

quickmike
09-20-2007, 12:19 PM
Wrong, it updates instantly as of yesterday. You can leave the page open and it will keep polling the server for new donations and update the graphic accordingly.

oh ok.... awesome

I didnt know they did that....... its about time.

thanks.

The Good Doctor
09-20-2007, 12:25 PM
Noice!

mkrfctr
09-20-2007, 12:41 PM
Yeah, well I buy organic soymilk, and calculated out, it's $10.50 a gallon, so there! All you ninnies whining and crying about your oh so expensive $4/gallon milk ... you are exactly that, whining and crying ninnies. *thpppttt!* :-P

quickmike
09-20-2007, 12:46 PM
Yeah, well I buy organic soymilk, and calculated out, it's $10.50 a gallon, so there! All you ninnies whining and crying about your oh so expensive $4/gallon milk ... you are exactly that, whining and crying ninnies. *thpppttt!* :-P

sometimes im a litte hesitant to believe that what they call "organic" is actually really organic. Reminds me of the Penn & Teller Bullshit video where they had the "natural spring water from the alps" bottles and were filling them up with water out of a hose. HAHA

Im not saying this is the case, its just how do we really know? I dont trust the FDA as far as I could throw their asses.