PDA

View Full Version : Fred Thompson this morning in San Antonio - Ron Paul supporters present

Elwar
09-20-2007, 10:16 AM
Fred Thompson came through San Antonio this morning (most likely on his way to Dell this afternoon in Austin).

He had a $100 a head breakfast, and I believe a few big money photo ops. There were about 50-75 people that came out of the restaurant.

Of course, there were a few Ron Paul supporters waiting outside with signs. I made sure to try to get in every camera shot that Fred Thompson was in, with my sign, when he came out of the restaurant. I think it was his campaign organizer who was trying to pull me out of there (not forcefully, but I'm sure he was getting frustrated with Ron Paul folks). I spoke with one lady who walked up to me, I don't know much about local politics she said she was the daughter of Senator whatshisname who was a Democrat...I said Ron Paul was against the war and that I was deployed to Iraq and all I know is that we should not be over there. I gave her a slim jim :)

Also, some unknown person came in the night before and put up Ron Paul signs high on each of the telephone polls surrounding the restaurant. And a couple of our folks were given an interview.

Dustancostine
09-20-2007, 10:24 AM
Was it the daughter of Lloyd Bensten

Elwar
09-20-2007, 10:25 AM
Sounds right.

quickmike
09-20-2007, 10:29 AM
Good job guys!!!

Lets make sure that everywhere Fred goes, Ron is also there too. More name recognition. Undoubtedly this will help people to think "who is this Ron Paul guy I keep seeing signs for?" Maybe check him out for themselves.