PDA

View Full Version : Would you support any of the other Rep. if RP was VP?

klamath
09-20-2007, 10:15 AM
I got to thinking about this this morning. I don't plan on voting for anyone if RP doesn't get the nomination but If RP had won enough primaries that the winner felt he had to pick RP as VP to unite the party would I vote for the ticket?
VP could be a step to the presidency yet RP would be pretty old in 4 or 8 years?
Would he be hiden so deep that he had no power, unlike Cheney?
What are your thoughts?

dsentell
09-20-2007, 10:20 AM
This is a non-issue to me.

My mind is made up. I WILL be voting for Ron Paul for PRESIDENT, no matter what. Even if he does not get the nomination, I will write him in.

I think as VP he would only be silenced ...........

Elwar
09-20-2007, 10:24 AM
Ron Paul could never be the VP.

Unless the Presidential candidate has a death wish.

risiusj
09-20-2007, 10:27 AM
Ron Paul could never be the VP.

Unless the Presidential candidate has a death wish.

That can be arranged...;)

dsentell
09-20-2007, 10:32 AM
That can be arranged...;)

Love it ... I was thinking the same thing! :D

McDermit
09-20-2007, 10:33 AM
I would.. and then hope that the president had an unfortunate accident early in his term.

kalami
09-20-2007, 10:34 AM
Don't VPs had that traditional role of being mostly irrelevant? Dick Cheney obviously being an exception to this, but that's what I gathered from half-way paying attention in class.

Syren123
09-20-2007, 11:24 AM
No way. RP doesn't get the nomination, I'm going third party and so is practically every RP supporter I know. That is after changing my party affiliation from Republican to Independent the morning after the primaries in a worst case scenario.

reduen
09-20-2007, 11:41 AM
Yes, because I do not believe that Dr.Paul would be V.P. unless he trusted his running mate. I trust Mr. Paul that much! :)

LibertyEagle
09-20-2007, 11:43 AM
No way. RP doesn't get the nomination, I'm going third party and so is practically every RP supporter I know. That is after changing my party affiliation from Republican to Independent the morning after the primaries in a worst case scenario.

You and me, both.

nexalacer
09-20-2007, 11:44 AM
I don't think George Bush I was irrelevant. I think he ran Reagan's presidency with the threat of assassination.

But Ron Paul as VP would be pointless with a neo-con in the driver's seat... and uh, which one of these fucktards would actually accept him as VP? Not gonna happen.

dantheman
09-20-2007, 11:45 AM
No one wants Ron Paul as their running mate. Perhaps one or two in the Democratic party would, but all the Neo-cons on the stage hate him and everything he stands for...which is freedom. Ron Paul has go to be the President or things might get worse than they already are...

Spirit of '76
09-20-2007, 11:47 AM
My mind is made up. I WILL be voting for Ron Paul for PRESIDENT, no matter what. Even if he does not get the nomination, I will write him in.

Same here.

Joey Wahoo
09-20-2007, 12:14 PM
Of course I would.

But there is no chance of that happening.

Original_Intent
09-20-2007, 12:16 PM
Ron Paul would do more good as Fed chairman than as VP.
He would probably do more good as a Congressman than as VP.
The question is irrelevant because there is no way TPTB are going to allow RP to be within one heartbeat of the presidency.

Delaware
09-20-2007, 12:19 PM
No Ron Paul would not be appointed Fed Chairman. We want to get rid of the Fed, not continue it, afterall it is a private bank, and we pay them interest.

Ron Paul if he doesnt get the nomination needs to run on a 3rd Party ticket, he will get enough support.