PDA

View Full Version : Pope Calls For Palestinians To Have A "Homeland"

Reason
05-11-2009, 06:07 PM
YouTube - Pope Calls For Palestinians To Have A "Homeland" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62XldHcQ7nc)

KoldKut
05-11-2009, 06:24 PM

Kraig
05-11-2009, 06:26 PM
Most of this forum thinks it's racist for the jews to have a homeland, but I bet they don't think it's racist for the palestinians to get the same thing.

Go figure.

Palestine is a geographical area not race of people. :confused:

1000-points-of-fright
05-11-2009, 06:51 PM
Most of this forum thinks it's racist for the jews to have a homeland, but I bet they don't think it's racist for the palestinians to get the same thing.

Go figure.

Bullshit. Racism has nothing to do with it. One group of powerful people, on behalf of a 2nd group of people, displaced a weaker 3rd group. It's just a lack of common human decency and empathy. Besides, if the Jews want a "homeland" let them conquer it and defend it themselves just like almost every other country had to do. And why does a religion need a home land anyway?

What if the "the world" decided that the Palestinian homeland should be Florida and everybody living there had to move? Don't you think Floridians would be a little pissed? Then where do we move them without pissing somebody else off?

The ancestral homeland argument is also BS because that would mean redrawing the entire world map and shuffling populations around. How far back should we go? What is the "real" world map? Do we give North America back to the native Americans? Or should we look even further back and empty North AND South America of all humans and send everyone back across the Bering Strait into Siberia? I know, everyone should live where they did when it was Pangaea!

nate895
05-11-2009, 07:01 PM
Bullshit. Racism has nothing to do with it. One group of powerful people, on behalf of a 2nd group of people, displaced a weaker 3rd group. It's just a lack of common human decency and empathy. Besides, if the Jews want a "homeland" let them conquer it and defend it themselves just like almost every other country had to do. And why does a religion need a home land anyway?

What if the "the world" decided that the Palestinian homeland should be Florida and everybody living there had to move? Don't you think Floridians would be a little pissed? Then where do we move them without pissing somebody else off?

The ancestral homeland argument is also BS because that would mean redrawing the entire world map and shuffling populations around. How far back should we go? What is the "real" world map? Do we give North America back to the native Americans? Or should we look even further back and empty North AND South America of all humans and send everyone back across the Bering Strait into Siberia? I know, everyone should live where they did when it was Pangaea!

The Jews aren't a Religion, they are an ethnic group. However, the people who of the Judaic faith who live in Israel are, for the most part, not actually Jewish. Jews who are really "Orthodox" (not the sect) do not believe in returning to Israel until the Messiah comes. This is all foretold in Revelations.

1000-points-of-fright
05-11-2009, 07:05 PM
The Jews aren't a Religion, they are an ethnic group. However, the people who of the Judaic faith who live in Israel are, for the most part, not actually Jewish. Jews who are really "Orthodox" (not the sect) do not believe in returning to Israel until the Messiah comes.

I know, which makes the whole situation even more stupid.

nate895
05-11-2009, 07:15 PM
I know, which makes the whole situation even more stupid.

That is why we should get out of it. It is a fundamentally religious question in a region that has seen religious war for thousands of years. It won't be solved until the Second Coming. In the event of no God, I suppose it could be solved by ethnic cleansing by one side or the other, not necessarily meaning death, but rather expulsion from Zion.

Uriel999
05-11-2009, 07:17 PM

Go figure.

The Palestinians do have a homeland....it was just stolen from them.

1000-points-of-fright
05-11-2009, 07:34 PM
The Palestinians do have a homeland....it was just stolen from them.

And what few people realize is that today's Palestinians are partially descended from the Jews that decided to stay and convert to Islam.

Ninja Homer
05-11-2009, 07:34 PM
Give them Vatican City... it's a twofer. <ducks & runs>

Liberty Star
05-11-2009, 07:41 PM
Go figure.

Was it racist for Germans to "have a homeland"?

Where does ethnic cleansing figure in the aspirations to "have a homeland"? How about homeland for imported Russian immigrants in South Dekota. It's all the same God's land, why homeland has to be stolen in these modern times.

Brooklyn Red Leg
05-11-2009, 09:32 PM
And what few people realize is that today's Palestinians are partially descended from the Jews that decided to stay and convert to Islam.

Actually, Palestinians are of Islamic, Judaic and Christian faiths. They are all treated like shit if they lived in the Occupied Territories.

SharkGirl
05-11-2009, 09:40 PM
I'm trying to figure out who the Pope is that he gets to get involved. Isn't this Pope a former member of the Hitler Youth? He appoints a bishop that claims Jews died (no more than 300K) in the war and that there were no gas chambers and no Holocaust.

Since THIS Pope has a problem with a Jewish nation, perhaps he should recuse himself from making this decision. Can a Pope recuse himself or is that just in litigation? LOL

VoteForRonPaul
05-11-2009, 10:00 PM
That guy (the protester) in the video says: We want the people into the whole world to see that the Pope really believes in what he says.

Damn man :confused: how in the hell the Pope suppose to prove that he believes in what he says???lol. I do not think he would take off his clothe to prove this one :D

I bet this guy is a paid shill!

Gary
05-11-2009, 10:14 PM
Isn't this Pope a former member of the Hitler Youth?
No. He was signed up by others but never had anything to do with it, which resulted in hardships against him and his family.

He appoints a bishop that claims Jews died (no more than 300K) in the war and that there were no gas chambers and no Holocaust.

The person was already a bishop. The pope liftted a lifted an order against the bishop, unaware of the bishops's beliefs. This bishop has subsequently not been allowed to practice the office of bishop.
What the pope said today in Israel: “It is right and fitting that, during my stay in Israel, I will have the opportunity to honour the memory of the six million Jewish victims of the Shoah, and to pray that humanity will never again witness a crime of such magnitude,”...“May their suffering never be denied, belittled or forgotten!”

I'm not aware that the pope has an issue with a Jewish nation.

Otherwise this is an issue in which I don't see any solution making everyone happy.

Cowlesy
05-12-2009, 06:26 AM
No. He was signed up by others but never had anything to do with it, which resulted in hardships against him and his family.

The person was already a bishop. The pope liftted a lifted an order against the bishop, unaware of the bishops's beliefs. This bishop has subsequently not been allowed to practice the office of bishop.
What the pope said today in Israel: “It is right and fitting that, during my stay in Israel, I will have the opportunity to honour the memory of the six million Jewish victims of the Shoah, and to pray that humanity will never again witness a crime of such magnitude,”...“May their suffering never be denied, belittled or forgotten!”

I'm not aware that the pope has an issue with a Jewish nation.

Otherwise this is an issue in which I don't see any solution making everyone happy.

He's being criticized because he didn't use the term "nazi" or "murdered" in his speech.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090512/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_pope_mideast

I mean seriously, do they want him to juggle, pole vault and jump through some other BS hoop?

I cannot stand the Middle East.

Golding
05-12-2009, 06:31 AM
I'd like a thought experiment of what our reaction would be like if the UN were to allocate New York to Palestine, to see if it would be all that different to the reaction to how Israel was created.

devil21
05-12-2009, 02:16 PM
Ah...the smell of sweet, sweet hypocrisy.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090512/wl_nm/us_pope_mideast

JERUSALEM (Reuters) – The Vatican had to play down Pope Benedict's teenage membership of the Hitler Youth on Tuesday as Israeli disappointment at a lack of emotion in his remarks on the Holocaust dogged his tour of the Holy Land.

The speaker of the Knesset, echoing many of his compatriots, accused the German-born pope of showing detachment on Monday from Jewish suffering under the Nazis. He referred to Benedict as "a German who joined the Hitler Youth and ... Hitler's army."

The Vatican spokesman at first flatly denied that Benedict, 82, was ever in the Nazi youth movement. But when reporters noted the pope himself spoke of his membership in a 1996 book, he revised the statement to say: "He was enrolled involuntarily into the Hitler Youth but he had no active participation."

The pontiff, described by one Israeli newspaper columnist as coming across as "restrained, almost cold" during his visit to Jerusalem's Yad Vashem Holocaust memorial, prayed at Judaism's Western Wall on Tuesday and visited Islam's Dome of the Rock -- holy sites at the heart of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

He later held an open-air mass under the walls of the Old City in the Garden of Gethsemane for hundreds of Catholics who applauded Jerusalem's patriarch for a welcome speech that spoke of the "agony of the Palestinian people" under occupation.

more at link

So it's quite ok for Jews to criticize someone of another religion and not be "racist" but the moment you criticize Jews or Israel you are a "racist". In reality though it sounds like the Zionist crowd is trying to drown out the Pope's calls for a two state solution by dragging up the old Hitler Youth thing to discredit him. But god forbid anyone ever bring up the USS Liberty, the civilian deaths in Gaza, etc.

revolutionman
05-12-2009, 02:48 PM
Jews have Hollywood and Manhattan, wtf do they need Israel for?

Why can't the towel heads keep their dustbowl?

Another reason to hate religion.