PDA

View Full Version : Axiomatic Theory of Economics

Shaka
05-11-2009, 04:49 PM
I have written a book entitled Axiomatic Theory of Economics. This book is about a new economic theory. It is not a simplified version of mainstream economics. It does not predict the future, calling neither prosperity or ruin in America. It is certainly not in the "how to be a salesman" genre, nor does it propose to tell the reader how to make money in the framework of current financial institutions. It is an abstract treatise. The purpose of this book is to give an axiomatic foundation for the theory of economics. The success of the axiomatic method employed by Euclid (in geometry), Kolmogorov (in probability), and others is well known and I claim that similar success can be realized in economics. However, by defining economics to be concerned with the creation of wealth rather than the allocation of scarce resources, I have not only solidified it but have shifted its basic paradigm. I address the issue of price and stock. Supply and demand does not work. This is a fundamental departure from mainstream economics comparable to that of Copernicus in astronomy.

The purpose of this pamphlet (http://www.axiomaticeconomics.com/exposition.php) is to give a simplified exposition which is not too mathematically demanding. This is accomplished by replacing an axiom to assume away the infinite summations so that readers need not be familiar with real analysis. The essential points remain intact, however, as the theorems apply as well to partial sums (including the 0’th partial sum) as to infinite ones. But the proofs are simple enough to facilitate a cursory reading.

There is a glossary in the back of this pamphlet (http://www.axiomaticeconomics.com/exposition.php) which defines terms unique to Axiomatic Theory of Economics. To read the proofs one must have at least a semester of calculus. The theorems are expressed in words as well as equations, however, so it is possible to follow the theory while skimming over most of the math.

idiom
05-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Why is it not reffered to as Aguilarian Economics?

Alawn
05-11-2009, 05:58 PM
How many threads are you going to make pushing your book? I know I have seen several already. I don't think you have made a single post on any other subject.

Meatwasp
05-11-2009, 06:07 PM
How many threads are you going to make pushing your book? I know I have sen several already. I don't think you have made a single post on any other subject.

I was thinking the same thing. Heck I wrote a book but I wouldn't post it unless I paid for it.

brandon
05-11-2009, 06:31 PM
I have written a book entitled Axiomatic Theory of Economics. This book is about a new economic theory. It is not a simplified version of mainstream economics. It does not predict the future, calling neither prosperity or ruin in America. It is certainly not in the "how to be a salesman" genre, nor does it propose to tell the reader how to make money in the framework of current financial institutions. It is an abstract treatise. The purpose of this book is to give an axiomatic foundation for the theory of economics. The success of the axiomatic method employed by Euclid (in geometry), Kolmogorov (in probability), and others is well known and I claim that similar success can be realized in economics. However, by defining economics to be concerned with the creation of wealth rather than the allocation of scarce resources, I have not only solidified it but have shifted its basic paradigm. I address the issue of price and stock. Supply and demand does not work. This is a fundamental departure from mainstream economics comparable to that of Copernicus in astronomy.

The purpose of this pamphlet (http://www.axiomaticeconomics.com/exposition.php) is to give a simplified exposition which is not too mathematically demanding. This is accomplished by replacing an axiom to assume away the infinite summations so that readers need not be familiar with real analysis. The essential points remain intact, however, as the theorems apply as well to partial sums (including the 0’th partial sum) as to infinite ones. But the proofs are simple enough to facilitate a cursory reading.

There is a glossary in the back of this pamphlet (http://www.axiomaticeconomics.com/exposition.php) which defines terms unique to Axiomatic Theory of Economics. To read the proofs one must have at least a semester of calculus. The theorems are expressed in words as well as equations, however, so it is possible to follow the theory while skimming over most of the math.

I find your theory intriguing, but I must say it does go a bit over my head. I have read through it before, and I am taking a look at your "simplified" exposition right now. It is really a confusing read.

I am a student of mathematics and know classical analysis. However I have only formally studied economic concepts such as marginal utility in passing, and have never took a rigorous
look at it.

While I am no expert, I do think that considering my background I should be able to comprehend a simplified version of your theory, yet I still struggle with it. Perhaps you should try to simplify it a little more before you try to get feedback on it from laymen. In your very first paragraph you use the word "intension." How many people do you think know what that means? I had to look it up.

I will continue to look at it though and see if I can make sense of it.

Also, (and this is really important) if you wish to engage in dialogue with people on this forum you should really speak to us in a conversational tone rather then just copying and pasting your abstract into a thread.

brandon
05-11-2009, 07:48 PM
//

Shaka
05-12-2009, 01:13 PM
How many threads are you going to make pushing your book? I know I have seen several already. I don't think you have made a single post on any other subject.

Actually, I came here to make peace with the Austrians so they would stay out of my way while I pick a fight with the Post-Autistics. As I have pointed out many times, my website does not have an order page and does not link to any book sellers. It is you who persist in denouncing me for being a published author.

You will be pleased or perhaps appalled to learn that my latest thread makes no mention of my book or even links to my website.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=192189