PDA

View Full Version : Idea

aravoth
06-02-2007, 12:28 AM
There is a type of CD Burner that can burn designs on the opposite side of the disc. You can make logos, pictures, whatever. Anyway. You can get blank cd's or blank dvd's that are literally in the shape of a business card. Since it's symetrical it plays in a regular dvd player without causing issues. I've used it in my Real Estate Business before. Works great. Anyway..

Building on the Idea of the pamphlet, we could put video's on these things, we could put His voting record on them, his blog, whatever. The beuaty of it is, There are companies out there that will make them in bulk. You could hand them out on the street. Put them in the business card holder at starbucks, Mail them out without the need for exta postage, slip them into your pocket so you always have a few on you to hand out, you get the idea. It's a geurilla marketing tactic I used to put my real estate career into overdrive. And it worked like you wouldn't believe.

Wadduya think?

heiwa
06-02-2007, 06:15 PM
I think that's a great idea. I haven't ever seen these before.

From a quick search, it looks like the cost is between $1.70 and $2.00 per cd or dvd for smaller quantities. Is this something we could burn ourselves on our pc's? The label printing is more difficult though.

I would be happy to help with creating something for it - it looks as though they hold about 50 megabytes, so we couldn't put too much on it. Two or three videos, some quotes and his voting record would be a good intro, don't you think?

Jen

UtahApocalypse
06-02-2007, 06:21 PM
My DVD burner has "lightscribe" which does imprint graphics directly to the disc. These disc's do cost more though. They also take about 25 mins to burn the image.

aravoth
06-02-2007, 09:41 PM
I'll look at my contacts at the office tomorrow, there is a company that does this for Realtors looking to boost business. I wish I had it all in front of me.