PDA

View Full Version : Do You Know Ron Paul? (Neocon opposition site for congress)

ghengis86
05-11-2009, 11:04 AM
A neocon candidate for Ron's congressional seat put up this laugher of a website:
w w w .doyouknowronpaul.com
It's like free advertisment!

From LRC: http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/026730.html

MRoCkEd
05-11-2009, 11:05 AM
He's got my vote! :cool:

SpeTz
05-11-2009, 11:07 AM
This is more advertising for us lol:D

Dorfsmith
05-11-2009, 11:08 AM
Ha!!! Too funny. :D

ghengis86
05-11-2009, 11:10 AM
its like an onion spoof. if this isn't the greatest demonstration at how perverted the neocons are, i don't know what is. This Cherry guy embodies everything our founding fathers stood against.

Amazing, Amazing...

Thandurin
05-11-2009, 11:11 AM
Deleted

ItsTime
05-11-2009, 11:11 AM
Funny shit! I look at that and think Wow that Ron Paul guy rocks!

ItsTime
05-11-2009, 11:12 AM
Opening post should break the link and put it in quotes so it gets no google love from Ron Paul Forums.

ghengis86
05-11-2009, 11:14 AM
One quadrillion fiat FRN's to the person who finds the Constitutional authoritay for #1-16!

ghengis86
05-11-2009, 11:15 AM
Opening post should break the link and put it in quotes so it gets no google love from Ron Paul Forums.

Done!

Give me liberty
05-11-2009, 11:16 AM
Do you know what Ron Paul really stands for?
Ron Paul Stand for liberty and freedom on the net ^_^

and is this guy for real?

dannno
05-11-2009, 11:17 AM
That site is just too funny.

You got the Home Page with all of the unconstitutional federal agencies he wants to get rid off.. then you have, "The No Vote" page that has a lot of the unconstitutional bills that he has opposed.. then you have Outrageous Statements that contains the racist newsletter bit.. then you have "Inconsistencies" which he talks about the earmark strawman... Then you have the Military Isolationism where he actually just talks about bringing our troops home so we can defend ourselves.

That Cherry guy is an idiot. I don't care how good of a high school teacher he is.. the fact is that he has had an opportunity to research this stuff and has done a half-assed job and doesn't have a clue what he is talking about.

Don't Tread on Mike
05-11-2009, 11:20 AM
Yay, cherry fruit cake for congress!!! lol. This guy has obviously been watching too much 24 or something.

ItsTime
05-11-2009, 11:21 AM
Done!

:D

RPTXState
05-11-2009, 11:26 AM
Guys homepage has an email. Someone should let him know he's fighting a lost cause.

If Dr. Paul was really in a fight to keep his seat, he could have a cool million FRN's in 24 hours.

ghengis86
05-11-2009, 11:27 AM
Guys homepage has an email. Someone should let him know he's fighting a lost cause.

If Dr. Paul was really in a fight to keep his seat, he could have a cool million FRN's in 24 hours.

I think we should heap praise upon him for putting up such a great advertisment for Ron Paul! He probably thinks he's sooooo smart....

pinkmandy
05-11-2009, 11:31 AM
I wouldn't let this guy teach my children, much less vote for him as a 'leader'.

1. Wants to get rid of the Federal Reserve and return to the Gold Standard

2. Wants to get rid of the Department of Education

3. Wants to get rid of the IRS

4. Voted against and does not support the Patriot Act.

5. Voted against the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act

6. Wants to bring home all troops from Iraq immediately and shut down U.S. military bases worldwide.

7. Wants to pull us out of the United Nations

8. Wants to cut off ALL foreign aid to ALL countries

9. Wants to pull us out of the World Trade Organization

10. Wants to pull out of the World Bank

11. Wants to pull out of the International Monetary Fund

12. Wants to pull out of NATO

13. Wants to pull us out of NAFTA

14. Wants to end the war on drugs and legalize marijuana.

15. Is opposed to making immunizations for children mandatory.

16. Opposes the Food and Drug Administration

Thanks, Cherry. Yes, I agree w/ALL of the above.

brandon
05-11-2009, 11:32 AM
lmao

I'm convinced Cherry is in cahoots with Paul and is controlled opposition to make sure Paul doesn't lose.

angelatc
05-11-2009, 11:33 AM
Obviously if you have been voting for this "Ron Paul" guy you are quite stupid - is that the gist?

cthulhufan
05-11-2009, 11:33 AM
Wow, with a list like that, why would I need an alternative? Oh, wait, I get it, it's for folks that want the government to spy on US citizens, send our children off to die in useless foreign conflicts, let the Federal Reserve impose it's invisible tax on us, let other countries dictate our policies, and, and, and...

Whatever.

:)

brandon
05-11-2009, 11:38 AM
Dear Mr. Cherry,

I just saw the wonderful advertisement you put together for Ron Paul at www. doyouknowronpaul.com.

I must say, your web design leaves much to be desired, but the factual content on the site is great! Thanks for reminding me of all the reasons I am a Ron Paul Republican. And thank you for putting together such a great ad for Dr. Paul.

Take Care,
Brandon Yates

reduen
05-11-2009, 11:39 AM
Guys, I think that we should be writing this guy a thank you note or something... Seriously, how does he expect to garner support with this?

Is this a really a joke..?

Paulitical Correctness
05-11-2009, 11:40 AM
'Ole flareaschino's at it again!

asimplegirl
05-11-2009, 11:41 AM
This one is great:

OMG! He doesn't want to take away my parental rights??!! The bastard!

Honestly, I just sat and asked, "that's bad?" to everything on the list. LOL.

reduen
05-11-2009, 11:41 AM
Dear Mr. Cherry,

I just saw the wonderful advertisement you put together for Ron Paul at www. doyouknowronpaul.com.

I must say, your web design leaves much to be desired, but the factual content on the site is great! Thanks for reminding me of all the reasons I am a Ron Paul Republican. And thank you for putting together such a great ad for Dr. Paul.

Take Care,
Brandon Yates

Funny Brandon I was thinking the same thing. You beat me by one post. :)

MRoCkEd
05-11-2009, 11:43 AM
This must be some sort of joke.

brandon
05-11-2009, 11:44 AM
Maybe the people from the spoof forums made the website...?

ghengis86
05-11-2009, 11:45 AM
This must be some sort of joke.

Unfortunately, I think cherry is serious; its unfortunate that there are people out there that actually buy this bullshit too...

dannno
05-11-2009, 11:48 AM
Well we could ALL send thank you notes ;)

brandon
05-11-2009, 11:48 AM
Jesus christ.

Check out the guys webpage
http://www.cherryforcongress.com/

http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/1917/screenshotljd.png

dannno
05-11-2009, 11:51 AM
Jesus christ.

Hahahaha

And I just LOVE Ubuntu..

BuddyRey
05-11-2009, 11:54 AM
This guy is either running a joke campaign and is secretly a pro-Paul politico doing a neocon impersonation, a la Stephen Colbert; or he's dead serious and a frickin' Fascist!!! :eek:

brandon
05-11-2009, 12:02 PM
Yea Ubuntu's great. A friend introduced me to it not to long ago and it's basically all I use now. I only ever boot up windows if I have to use office for something.

jclay2
05-11-2009, 12:12 PM
I swear after reading his website, I could have sworn that some ron paul techie hijacked his sight and put a phony link up.

Lord Xar
05-11-2009, 12:16 PM
Maybe a mirror of this site should be put up for Cherry. But instead of coming off as a spoof, be real about it. How he "cherry" is just a lacky for the neocons and not a true & real republican, but just another big govt. spender who created the liberal landslide.

Just an idea.

fisharmor
05-11-2009, 12:17 PM
Oh, gracious... this is a slow motion train wreck!
I would feel really bad for this dude, except that after he gets single digit support, RP may actually offer to explain what happened and the philosophical reasons why his ass just got handed to him.

ghengis86
05-11-2009, 12:18 PM
i tried to check whois to veryify but got nothing

muh_roads
05-11-2009, 12:18 PM
I think it's real, he's trying to slam Paul on pork and label him a racist if you click other links.

Freedom 4 all
05-11-2009, 12:19 PM
If this Cherry guy doesn't get a brutal and humiliating electoral assrape of Walter Mondale proportions next election, then there is actually no hope left for America. This guy is like every negative neocon stereotype rolled into one and he's running against captain liberty.

pinkmandy
05-11-2009, 12:37 PM
He wants to 'teach Congress a lesson'??? What, by being another lackey vote after removing the one person who votes against all the crap? Lol.

So any RP'ers going to his rally on the 15th? Youtubes, please. :D

muh_roads
05-11-2009, 12:40 PM
He wants to 'teach Congress a lesson'??? What, by being another lackey vote after removing the one person who votes against all the crap? Lol.

So any RP'ers going to his rally on the 15th? Youtubes, please. :D

yeah somebody get this to Alex Jones...doesn't he broadcast in Texas? He needs to be drowned by Paul supporters...lol

LATruth
05-11-2009, 12:47 PM

6. Wants to bring home all troops from Iraq immediately and shut down U.S. military bases worldwide.

I stand for this too! This is a fucking advertisement, not a hit piece! Thanks NEOCONS!

asimplegirl
05-11-2009, 12:48 PM
Right?

Yay! We win! :D

ghengis86
05-11-2009, 12:49 PM
doyouknowronpaul.com for the win!

Reason
05-11-2009, 01:01 PM
lmao I love how the list is supposed to be meant to be bad things but they are all good...

LATruth
05-11-2009, 01:02 PM
lmao I love how the list is supposed to be meant to be bad things but they are all good...

Because it means you're a TERRORIST!

A. Havnes
05-11-2009, 01:06 PM
Yep, sounds like my kind of guy!

Theriot
05-11-2009, 01:10 PM
You mean #4 is supposed to be a bad thing? WTF?
The average dummy doesn't know what the Patriot Act is. And if Ron Paul doesn't support something that has the word "Patriot", then by golly he's a bad person! :D

ClayTrainor
05-11-2009, 01:10 PM
Neo-cons and democrats... who can tell the difference anymore?

This site could've easily been written by either one. It's funny how these so called "conservatives", are trying to make us look crazy by saying we want to abolishing the income tax and the extremely expensive foreign policy.

Democrats and Neo-cons have morphed into the same beings. I see no difference anymore.

:cool:

A. Havnes
05-11-2009, 01:19 PM
Neo-cons and democrats... who can tell the difference anymore?

This site could've easily been written by either one. It's funny how these so called "conservatives", are trying to make us look crazy by saying we want to abolishing the income tax and the extremely expensive foreign policy.

Democrats and Neo-cons have morphed into the same beings. I see no difference anymore.

:cool:

Instead of a two party system, it's a one party system. The definition of conservatism changed during the Bush era for most people, namely the Republicans who couldn't admit that Bush was a bad President.

Andrew-Austin
05-11-2009, 01:28 PM
lol, thanks for spreading the truth about Ron Paul. And thanks for being too stupid to voice any arguments against his policies.

Imperial
05-11-2009, 02:16 PM
Hey, don't take the poll unless you live in the district. You don't think he has already gotten alot of crap from Ron Paul spammer-supporters? Just throwing off the results won't prove anything except make him more vitriolic towards us. Doesn't anybody get it?

It is blowback you people! By having so much fun attacking someone you will alienate other supporters. For example, Cherry sympathizes with some of Dr. Paul's positions, but he absolutely despises us.

WHY?

Because people take over any website he posts up instead of using rational discourse. Or make websites and attribute it to his name. Or take surveys and screw up the results when they don't even live there.

Of course, ironically you have just given more attention to it. And when other people look on at the immature behavior, all they will see is a bunch of spammers who gang up on one guy. And you know what? You have justified his run and made those who aren't TOTALLY in line with us support him.

Yes, he will not win. That is a given. But when you feed him publicity, you will feed him more money from outside or even in a worst-case scenario from the establishment. Sure we can out-fundraise him. But we have Schiff, Rand Paul, Kokesh, and about thirty other candidates we have to pay for. We don't NEED to waste $1 million dollars on that race when we could finance a couple good congressional bids.

(And yes, before you ask, I am a Paul supporter...)

SharkGirl
05-11-2009, 03:14 PM
I'd have to thank that Cherry supporter for putting all those issues in a simple format. Makes me want to vote for Ron Paul.

coyote_sprit
05-11-2009, 03:26 PM
Jesus christ.

Default Ubuntu themes? Lol, You should really check out New Wave.

Anyway this guy doesn't know how to be a good neocon. You lie about your opponent or sensationalize his minor flaws not list all the good things about him.

trey4sports
05-11-2009, 03:42 PM
send this dumbfuck a letter....

Jeff Cherry
P.O. Box 1207
Kemah, TX 77565

Give me liberty
05-11-2009, 03:50 PM
What a noob of a teacher lol! he doesnt even know how to make a website
and yet i see missing codes allover the place lol.

This really made my day.

AggieforPaul
05-11-2009, 05:54 PM
The descriptions of what he stands for are all accurate. I was expecting them to maybe twist it or something, but they just laid out his position and expected everyone to be outraged. I read all the positions and thought "BOUT TIME!"

regtoday
05-11-2009, 10:16 PM
Mr. Cherry,

I can't even begin to imagine how much you must support Ron Paul to put on this facade. It's really amazing that you would run for congress just to energize the conservative base toward a real conservative like Dr. Paul. I'm 26 and the 2008 election was the first election I voted in. It was also the first time I understood what Republicans were all about. It's so awesome that you're putting on this satirical campaign just to show Americans the choice they have. I can't wait for the debate! Could you debate Dr. Paul over youtube? I think it would be great for you to do that and bring the older generation away from the liberal media to a place where a real conservative voice can be heard. You'd probably get some press for challenging Dr. Paul to a debate on youtube. You're seriously on par with Mr. Steven Colbert in my book. I really like doyouknowronpaul.com I hope you're promoting that website in your adds.

Good luck creating more Ron Paul supporters. It's nice to see someone from the older generation getting involved.

Jace
05-11-2009, 10:45 PM

ghengis86
05-11-2009, 11:01 PM
Mr. Cherry,

I can't even begin to imagine how much you must support Ron Paul to put on this facade. It's really amazing that you would run for congress just to energize the conservative base toward a real conservative like Dr. Paul. I'm 26 and the 2008 election was the first election I voted in. It was also the first time I understood what Republicans were all about. It's so awesome that you're putting on this satirical campaign just to show Americans the choice they have. I can't wait for the debate! Could you debate Dr. Paul over youtube? I think it would be great for you to do that and bring the older generation away from the liberal media to a place where a real conservative voice can be heard. You'd probably get some press for challenging Dr. Paul to a debate on youtube. You're seriously on par with Mr. Steven Colbert in my book. I really like doyouknowronpaul.com I hope you're promoting that website in your adds.

Good luck creating more Ron Paul supporters. It's nice to see someone from the older generation getting involved.

i bet nothing would piss this cherry guy off more than a bunch of personal letters like the one above.

"they just don't get it!!! I'm AGAINST Ron Paul!!! What's wrong with these people?! Kaaaaaahhhhhhnnnnnn!!!"

Minarchy4Sale
05-11-2009, 11:05 PM
Um... all this stuff is exactly why I voted for Paul. This douchebag doesnt know what 'conservative' means.

Brooklyn Red Leg
05-11-2009, 11:15 PM
Anyone notice that the comments have been disabled on his YouTube video? So far, all of them have been thrashing him for his apparent stupidity. I agree with the others that think this might be a reverse psychology ploy. Would be fucking hilarious if when the Primary came, he dropped out and told everyone "I was doing this to get support for Ron Paul cause he is the true Conservative in Congress".

Live Free or Die
05-14-2009, 03:38 PM
Do you know Jeff Cherry?
http://88.80.13.160/wiki/Texas_GOP_Congressional_Candidate_Jeff_Cherry_bank ruptcy_record%2C_2003

MyLibertyStuff
05-14-2009, 04:22 PM
I find it comical that you are running AGAINST Ron Paul. Do you realize what kind of following he has? Your goal is completely lost.

If Ron Paul actually had ANY threat to lose his congressional seat, he would be able to raise millions of dollars in the amount of time it would take you to raise $100. You are running AGAINST a national icon, the role model to millions, an experienced politician, and the hero to a massive growing movement for liberty. If you were smart, you would drop out of this race immediately. You wont do this, however; and you will end up wasting your supporters money fighting a lost cause.

Also, the inconsistencies of Ron Paul listed on your joke-of-a-website are not only HIGHLY biased, but you managed to find 3 inconsistencies in his entire life as a politician.

I would also like to take a quote from your joke-of-a-website -- "Sorry, but the Survey was jammed by the Ron Paul followers." -- If this isnt a sign that you have almost no chance to win this election, then I dont know what is.

Continue to be a typical neocon. I will enjoy to see your embarrassment throughout your campaign.

Will Mitchell

123tim
05-14-2009, 07:39 PM
Jesus christ.

Ha. Look at the site now...

It says "Sorry, but the Survey was jammed by the Ron Paul followers."

shenlu54
05-14-2009, 09:28 PM
HI,maybe we should thank this man for spreading Ron Paul's ideas.

And It's always good to see people have different ideas,I think Ron Paul thinks so too.:)