PDA

View Full Version : US soldier kills 4 of his own...

Philmanoman
05-11-2009, 07:30 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30678715

Wonder what they could be so stressed out about...

He Who Pawns
05-11-2009, 07:37 AM
It's a crime what W and Cheney have subjected our military to. And now Obama is following in their footsteps.

silverhawks
05-11-2009, 08:01 AM
It's a crime what W and Cheney have subjected our military to. And now Obama is following in their footsteps.

Agreed. The bureaucrats in Washington toss brave men and women into the meat grinder of war for profit and power; its a war crime in and of itself.

KoldKut
05-11-2009, 09:14 AM

Bill M DC
05-11-2009, 09:20 AM
Visit ivaw.org or veteransforpeace.org and help end illegal occupations!

dannno
05-11-2009, 09:48 AM
"What is your major malfunction, numbnuts?!!"

http://content8.flixster.com/question/35/63/91/3563914_std.jpg

Reason
05-11-2009, 10:46 AM
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-iraq-shooting12-2009may12,0,1052210.story
From the Los Angeles Times
U.S. soldier kills 5 fellow Americans at Baghdad base
The suspect is in custody after the shooting at sprawling Camp Liberty, military officials say.
By Liz Sly

9:04 AM PDT, May 11, 2009

Reporting from Baghdad — A U.S. soldier shot to death five fellow American troops today at a base in Baghdad, the U.S. military said.

The suspect is now in custody and an investigation underway, a military statement said.

It said the incident occurred about 2 p.m. at Camp Liberty, part of a sprawling complex of bases adjoining the Baghdad International Airport that house tens of thousands of troops.

"Any time we lose one of our own, it affects us all," said Col. John Robinson, spokesman for the Multi-National Corps in Iraq. "Our hearts go out to the families and friends of all the service members involved in this terrible tragedy."

There have been several instances in recent months in which Iraqi army soldiers have killed Americans on military bases, but no Iraqi troops are located at Camp Liberty.

There have also been sporadic instances of U.S. soldiers shooting fellow soldiers, usually in accidents, but this appears to be the bloodiest such case since the war began.

Also today, the military reported the death of a U.S. soldier on Sunday in a roadside bombing in the southern city of Basra. It was the first American fatality in Basra since U.S. troops took over responsibility for the oil-rich area from British forces at the end of March.

British troops, who had controlled Basra since the start of the war, left on May 1.

liz.sly@latimes.com

Reason
05-11-2009, 12:37 PM
YouTube - U.S. Soldier Kills 5 Fellow Soldiers In Iraq At Stress Clinic (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FapoNTKImh8)

SharkGirl
05-11-2009, 12:46 PM
This will give the Obama administration (traitors) ammunition to reinforce their Homeland Security labeling as our soldiers being terrorists.

Our soldiers are being sent to war by people who profit from bloodshed. The real terrorists are the ones in office.

Why are we even over there? They want our military to destroy Bibles and live by their laws, then they should defend themselves and live with their own hatred for each other.

I would snap too if I was over there. In fact, I wouldn't even join the military knowing how the "powers that be" have labeled soldiers and use them as pawns for their power grab and profits.

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-11-2009, 12:46 PM
i wonder why he didn't kill himself afterwards, he's screwed now

Uriel999
05-11-2009, 12:51 PM
Soldiers snap sometimes, it happens in all wars. I remember a history professor telling me a story about how in Nam one of his buddies on a chopper with a machine gun turret, the guy on the turret starting acting weird and repeatedly said "I've been a bad boy," over and over. When asked what he did he told them he killed several men, and upon more of the conversation and him starting to wave the turret their way he told them it was there own side he killed. He then proceeded to walk out of the chopper falling to his death. This is a sad tragedy but reality of war.