PDA

View Full Version : BYU article from last week....

squirrelbrewer
09-20-2007, 09:21 AM
Some of you may remember reading an article on the BYU newspaper website, where the writer says that Paul calls for an isolationist foreign policy. I've gotten so tired of hearing this tripe, I emailed the author. First, here's the link for the article if you haven't read it yet....
http://newsnet.byu.edu/story.cfm/65298

Thought you might be interested in reading our exchange....

My original message -
" Paul called for the United States to return to an isolationist foreign policy and said America should "mind our own business."

Tyler, I've never heard Congressman Paul call for any type of protectionism. If you can cite any examples where he calls for restricting trade or cultural exchanges between nations, please let me know. If not, perhaps you can print a retraction in which you correctly identify his foreign policy.

His reply -
Mike,
At the rally on Saturday, he called for the United States to leave all
trade agreements, the WTO, the UN, and to withdraw all foreign aid
around the world. You missed the quotes around "mind our own business."
In all the literature I have studied, that is isolationism. If reading
his web site, listening to him, and following all of his literature
isn't clear enough, perhaps Rep. Paul should be clarifying his position.
I simply reported what he portrayed.
Thanks for the input
Tyler Page

I replied back and referred him to the Library where Dr. Paul has 39 different entries explaining his stance of government managed trade, sovereignty, foreign aid, WTO, his stance against isolationism, etc.... sometimes I think people just choose to believe what they want to believe. I do hope that Paul is able to go into detail regarding these issues on the CNBC/WSJ sponsored debate in Dearborn next month. It seems like a lot of people need a refresher on what free trade really is, and what isolationism really is. ONWARD!!