PDA

View Full Version : McCain is broke, done for:

ronpaulyourmom
09-20-2007, 09:18 AM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/article/20070920/NATION/109200058/1002

If this is true it's a chance for us. Lets not just beat him on cash on hand next quarter, lets out-raise him and Huckabee too.

Time to call everybody you know and get them to donate. If you've got a birthday coming up or you anticipate Christmas presents from the family, (I know we got a lot of young people on this board), tell them you want your gift before the 30th; tell them that you want money given to RP. If you live on campus, go door to door in your dorm and start collecting cash, etc... Lets do this people!

ButchHowdy
09-20-2007, 09:24 AM
Hung in his own noose!

FrankRep
09-20-2007, 09:28 AM
Who will McCain endorse?

max
09-20-2007, 09:32 AM
at the last debate on FOX...the FOX spinmasters told us that "Mccain rebounded tonighte"....sure enough, recent polls show him with a slight bounce. But the bounce is due solely to FOX's analysis!!!!!

The sheep hear the post debate spin from FOX....then they parrot it back to the polls! The media picks its own "frontrunners" and the sheep - imagining that are making their own decisions - then follow suit.

scary stuff man

mconder
09-20-2007, 09:34 AM
Who will McCain endorse?

The Ghoul of course.

Dustancostine
09-20-2007, 09:36 AM
In the latest Federal Election Commission report, Mr. McCain trailed far behind former New York Mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani, who had $18.3 million cash on hand and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, who reported $12.1 million in his war chest.

To bad the post left out McCain being behind RP too. Bastards.

risiusj
09-20-2007, 09:41 AM
Who will McCain endorse?

The Ghoul of course.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but those two have been buddy-buddy during the debates. That really scares me.

nullvalu
09-20-2007, 09:45 AM
I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but those two have been buddy-buddy during the debates. That really scares me.

I thought it was someone else, like Huckabee who was all lovin' over him..

quickmike
09-20-2007, 09:45 AM
Who will McCain endorse?

The Ghoul of course.

I bet he will endorse Fred.................... if hes still alive and in the race when it comes down to the final stretch.

If not............ yeah, the ghoul.

Givemelibertyor.....
09-20-2007, 09:47 AM
Fox knows that McCain is on his way out. They gave him that bump to lend weight to his endorsement.

dwdollar
09-20-2007, 09:52 AM
Goodbye. See you later. Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

smhbbag
09-20-2007, 09:52 AM
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. This may or may NOT be true.

This "longtime, influential friend" of McCain may only be playing the game of lowering expectations.

There is probably a grain of truth to it, and even if McCain only ends up with $5-7 mill raised, that's a significant enough blow to perhaps knock him out.

About all we can say is: It's not BAD news for us, but other than that, who knows.

rjl
09-20-2007, 09:55 AM
at the last debate on FOX...the FOX spinmasters told us that "Mccain rebounded tonighte"....sure enough, recent polls show him with a slight bounce. But the bounce is due solely to FOX's analysis!!!!!

The sheep hear the post debate spin from FOX....then they parrot it back to the polls! The media picks its own "frontrunners" and the sheep - imagining that are making their own decisions - then follow suit.

scary stuff man

The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country. ...We are governed, our minds are molded, our tastes formed, our ideas suggested, largely by men we have never heard of. This is a logical result of the way in which our democratic society is organized. Vast numbers of human beings must cooperate in this manner if they are to live together as a smoothly functioning society. ...In almost every act of our daily lives, whether in the sphere of politics or business, in our social conduct or our ethical thinking, we are dominated by the relatively small number of persons...who understand the mental processes and social patterns of the masses. It is they who pull the wires which control the public mind. --Edward Bernays

paulitics
09-20-2007, 10:35 AM
We want him to stay in the race

Zydeco
09-20-2007, 10:39 AM
The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country. ...We are governed, our minds are molded, our tastes formed, our ideas suggested, largely by men we have never heard of. This is a logical result of the way in which our democratic society is organized. Vast numbers of human beings must cooperate in this manner if they are to live together as a smoothly functioning society. ...In almost every act of our daily lives, whether in the sphere of politics or business, in our social conduct or our ethical thinking, we are dominated by the relatively small number of persons...who understand the mental processes and social patterns of the masses. It is they who pull the wires which control the public mind. --Edward Bernays

Yup.

10thAmendmentMan
09-20-2007, 10:43 AM
We want him to stay in the race

I was just about to say this myself. Perhaps we should flood him with supportive letters. :)

paulitics
09-20-2007, 10:50 AM
I was just about to say this myself. Perhaps we should flood him with supportive letters. :)

I'm afraid that McCain, Huckabee and others will drop out after NH, and endorse Thompson or Giuliani...this would in effect end RP's chances.

The only way to counter that is to win NH, and come in 2nd or 3rd in Iowa.

axiomata
09-20-2007, 10:53 AM
All the top candidates knew McCain wouldn't last till the end, so they all spoke positively of him hoping for his endorsement. Rudy went above the rest and said he'd support McCain if he wasn't running. That's politics. I'd love to see McCain decide that torture was his issue, and end up supporting Paul based on it. It's hard to accept torture when a man, who went through what McCain did, speaks out against it.

The Good Doctor
09-20-2007, 10:54 AM
There is no way these idiots start dropping out. We are over a year away from the election. Their egos are too big.

If McCain does drop out, he will become a VP on someone's ticket. Ghoul and McCain scares the fuck out of me.

LibertyEagle
09-20-2007, 10:55 AM
I'm afraid that McCain, Huckabee and others will drop out after NH, and endorse Thompson or Giuliani...this would in effect end RP's chances.

The only way to counter that is to win NH, and come in 2nd or 3rd in Iowa.

No it wouldn't. People don't necessarily vote for whomever someone endorses. I haven't seen passionate support for Huckabee. He's just got the Jesus vote. They will go with whomever they see as advocating big government force to dictate a marriage amendment, etc.

We still need to win NH and place high in Iowa.

csen
09-20-2007, 11:01 AM
RP just passed McCain on intrade, hopefully this time for good.

Blowback
09-20-2007, 11:09 AM
This would mean we would have a really good chance at taking Arizona.

Santana28
09-20-2007, 11:09 AM
when all else fails, they'll start stacking the deck - Guiliani with McCain as a running mate, Romney with Huckabee as his VP, Thompson with Brownback as his VP.... or they'll pull out the BIGGER guns - someone with Newt as a VP, since Newt has probably figured out a presidential bid is too little, too late. I think they're assuming Ron won't have any big names to run as his VP....