PDA

View Full Version : Remembering Clinton's illegal war in Kosovo

Brooklyn Red Leg
05-10-2009, 05:22 PM
Sometimes people need to be reminded of the fact that things weren't always better a decade or more ago. Now, while I'm sure most here wouldn't need that, I still thought it was something worth discusssing. A decade has now passed since Clinton's folly that cost the lives of hundreds of innocent civilians and hundreds of thousands of innocent non-Albanians their homeland in Kosovo.

YouTube - NATO's Illegal War Against Serbia/ The Lies Of The Racak Massacre In Kosovo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-muEj_E0PY&feature=player_embedded)

YouTube - NATO's Illegal War Against Serbia/ Lies About Kosovo War 1/2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FN33NTMpLU&feature=player_embedded)

YouTube - NATO's Illegal War Against Serbia/ Lies About Kosovo War 2/2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf84gioy8hU&feature=player_embedded)

Of course, Dr. Paul was one of the few principled Congressmen, along with Dennis Kucinich, that said this was unconscionable. Clinton's policies created the very problem bombing was supposed to stop. I wanted to gag when I saw his smug puss actually state that the bombing was done to 'spread peace and democracy'. Yea, just like bombing Iraq, Afghanistan and now Pakistan is done to promote 'peace and democracy'. :mad:

silverhawks
05-10-2009, 05:50 PM
A friend of mine entered the British military around that time, and was deployed to Kosovo for "peacekeeping". The photos he brought back from his time there were amazing...completely deserted towns, barren landscapes...and the stories he told me about what the British soldiers saw there would make people sick.

More than anything else, this has reinforced my opinion that the only modern "gender role" I'd defend is that women should not be put in a combat zone; not because 'men are more capable of seeing the horrors of war', but because no human being should ever see what my friend saw. Grown men cannot 'handle it' either, they just internalize and suppress it - and that's why you see so many cases of PTSD coming out of these hellholes.

And it's always the same, no matter what war we ship troops out to...as Smedley Butler wrote, in "War is a Racket":

But the soldier pays the biggest part of the bill.

If you don't believe this, visit the American cemeteries on the battlefields abroad. Or visit any of the veteran's hospitals in the United States. On a tour of the country, in the midst of which I am at the time of this writing, I have visited eighteen government hospitals for veterans. In them are a total of about 50,000 destroyed men -- men who were the pick of the nation eighteen years ago. The very able chief surgeon at the government hospital; at Milwaukee, where there are 3,800 of the living dead, told me that mortality among veterans is three times as great as among those who stayed at home.

Boys with a normal viewpoint were taken out of the fields and offices and factories and classrooms and put into the ranks. There they were remolded; they were made over; they were made to "about face"; to regard murder as the order of the day. They were put shoulder to shoulder and, through mass psychology, they were entirely changed. We used them for a couple of years and trained them to think nothing at all of killing or of being killed.

Then, suddenly, we discharged them and told them to make another "about face”! This time they had to do their own readjustment, sans [without] mass psychology, sans officers' aid and advice and sans nation-wide propaganda. We didn't need them any more. So we scattered them about without any "three-minute" or "Liberty Loan" speeches or parades. Many, too many, of these fine young boys are eventually destroyed, mentally, because they could not make that final "about face" alone.

In the government hospital in Marion, Indiana, 1,800 of these boys are in pens! Five hundred of them in a barracks with steel bars and wires all around outside the buildings and on the porches. These already have been mentally destroyed. These boys don't even look like human beings. Oh, the looks on their faces! Physically, they are in good shape; mentally, they are gone.

james1906
05-10-2009, 05:52 PM
But Serbia was stockpiling WMDs.

/sarcasm

Brooklyn Red Leg
05-10-2009, 05:55 PM
But Serbia was stockpiling WMDs.

/sarcasm

Heh, just like Iran is now. I'm surprised Clinton didn't try that angle either.

james1906
05-10-2009, 05:57 PM
Heh, just like Iran is now. I'm surprised Clinton didn't try that angle either.

He didn't have to. Liberals find it politically correct to bomb white people.

braumstr
05-10-2009, 07:31 PM
Yea, but instead of criticizing Obama for continuing to expand the stupid empire were running around having tea parties.

muh_roads
05-10-2009, 07:35 PM
I liked what John Stewart called it back then because the Monica thing was going on...

"Operation Shield Me From Impeachment"

klamath
05-10-2009, 07:52 PM
I remember this war well as I was in Bosnia on the first Clinton war in the Balkans, when he started bombing Kosovo.
To bad Kucinich turned around and voted for the Iraqi Liberation Act right about the same time.

Brian4Liberty
05-10-2009, 08:51 PM
Let's not forget that this was also a way for Clinton to attempt to divert attention from his Lewinsky affair.

Anyone remember the phony news story about a concentration camp, where they shot video from inside a small fenced-in enclosure to make it look like the people outside were imprisoned? They featured a real skinny guy that had TB or something. Not sure that it was in Kosovo, but was related to the whole mess in the former Yugo...

Give me liberty
05-10-2009, 09:08 PM
That was no concentration camp, it was a refuge camp made by the serbians but the refuge camp was for all sides.

as for the video, it was filmed in the summer, as you may know durning the summer times mid fall times, it will get diffenently hot around and in bosnia, that flim about that camp was filmed in bosnia at the time.

1.The skinny guy had a rare medical condition although its not life threating or anything like that, the only downside it would make feel you like your lossing alot of weight and enegry, i had a freind with a similar case, it was i think due to lack of good food and protien in someones body or something like that.

2.Did you know that dirty reporter who filmed the camp got rewarded for doing that?

3.The Skinny guy keeps saying to the reporter its not a concentration camp ITS A refuge camp

4. I think her or some other reporter said this (Theres only one good side)

I did researched alot about that Camp video.
That was the only thing that got america into the war.

I have feeling in me, saying It was the Mi5 British spy work for the fliming, cause the reporter, network didnt live to long :/
if they didnt flim it, america wouldnt bomb them.