PDA

View Full Version : Why Peter Should Run

No1ButPaul08
05-08-2009, 06:40 PM
Now that Peter is seriously considering a run and going to make a decision soon, I thought I would put together reasons why Peter should run.

Peter is one of most prominent figures to have predicted the crash, largely gaining his prominence for his predictions of the crash.

Chris Dodd is one of the most prominent figures to have led us into the crash. As chair of the Senate Banking Committee, and lead Fannie and Freddie cheerleader, Dodd made wrong prediction after wrong prediction on the economy, including calling fannie and freddie , "Sound Institutions," two months before their collapse.

There is not one Senator more attached to the economy than Chris Dodd. If it wasn't Chris Dodd, Peter probably wouldn't even consider running. Imagine Dodd having a foreign policy background (like a Joe Biden) and up for reelection in 2010. Does anyone think Peter would have a chance against the 30 year incumbent? I don't. Chris Dodd is the perfect candidate for Peter to oppose. Dodd is as married to the crash as Peter is predicting it.

With all of Dodd's problems (not just fannie/freddie) it looked like he might have trouble in his Democratic Primary, then he received an endorsement from the President, all but locking up the nomination in the process. Which leads to me to my next point. Taking on Chris Dodd will give Peter an indirect chance to take on President Obama. If it's a close race and Obama is forced to go out campaigning for Dodd, he will have to least recognize the existence of Peter Schiff and his pro-liberty platform, which in turn will give Peter more recogition and opportunity to take on the President and his policies.

Many people, myself included, dream of the day where Ron Paul and Barack Obama have a debate. Hopefully that day comes in 2012. Until then we can hope for the next best thing, a Schiff-Dodd debate. Due to the factors above, this debate(s) could stretch beyond the boundaries of CT and have national significance. It would almost certainly be the biggest
debate of the 2010 elections, due to the economy and the candidates positions and predictions on that subject.

Connecticut is usually considered being a Democratic favoring state, due to it's two longtime senators and Presidential votes. However, they do have a Republican governor who received 63% in 2006 and she will be up for reelection in 2010 putting her on the GOP ticket with Schiff (if he beats Rob Simmons in the primary.)

A Schiff victory would be much bigger than having a 1 Liberty vote in Senate. It would send shockwaves throughout the poltical establishment. It would be a huge story on election night, especially being a Midterm election. Imagine the MSM trying to report on how an outsider Republican could beat a 30 year establishment hack with the support of the President.

Peter obviously loves Europac and would rather run it than be in the Senate, but at the same time he is willing to consider the sacrifice of going to Washington. I hope he chooses to run, but can't fault him either way.

Njon
05-09-2009, 10:40 AM
Just make sure you e-mail Schiff and let him know that you want him to run, and explain why.

PSchiff@europac.net (as taken from http://www.europac.net/management.asp)

iddo
05-09-2009, 03:11 PM
Just make sure you e-mail Schiff and let him know that you want him to run, and explain why.

PSchiff@europac.net (as taken from http://www.europac.net/management.asp)

Maybe someone should send Peter Schiff this link: http://www.dailykos.com/story/2009/5/9/729515/-China-cancels-Americas-credit-card
It's the top story on the Democrat's dailykos website today, so there's hope that some Democrats will vote for him...