PDA

View Full Version : FED: plz digg this :)

heavenlyboy34
05-08-2009, 04:57 PM
Our friends at Freedom's Phoenix have put together a nice article (http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Feature-Article.htm?Info=0056602) about the Fed for y'all to digg/reddit. :):cool: Enjoy!

HB34.

LittleLightShining
05-08-2009, 05:06 PM
Link?

Bruno
05-08-2009, 05:08 PM
nm got it

heavenlyboy34
05-08-2009, 05:14 PM
Link?

It's there-click on the word "article". It's hyperlinked. :cool: Amazing, this technology! :D

Danke
05-08-2009, 05:27 PM
Here are a few mistakes.

Various presidents suggested the worst of what's now clear. By signing the Federal Reserve Act, Woodrow Wilson was a tool of big money. Yet he belatedly expressed regret, said "I have unwittingly ruined my country," and called America "one of the worst ruled....most completely controlled governments in the civilized world (run by) a small group of dominant men."

I am pretty sure he either never said that or it was a quote from before the Federal Reserve was created. But I don't have the links to back that up. I have just read enough of that debunking before, as it is a popular misquote in the patriot community.

The Federal Income Tax

Direct taxes were to be apportioned according to each State's population. "Income taxes were considered unapportioned direct taxes in violation of this provision of the Constitution."

Except in times of war, no federal income tax existed until the 16th Amendment was ratified on February 13, 1913 empowering Congress to levy one - unapportioned among the states. Even without one, the economy grew impressively for nearly a century and a half, adequately funded by customs and excise taxes.

For a brief period, Congress enacted an income tax in 1894 when the nation was at peace. On April 8, 1895, in Pollock v. Farmers' Loan and Trust Company, the Supreme Court held that unapportioned income taxes were unconstitutional. "That ruling has never been overturned." To get around it, Wall Street packaged the 16th Amendment with the Federal Reserve Act, both in 1913. It applied only to annual incomes over $4000, well above the average level at the time.

Before WW II, income taxes affected few people. However, from 1939 - 1944, Congress passed various ones, including to fund the war effort, and began letting workers (voluntarily) pay them in installments. Thereafter, "withholding" became mandatory.

That is wrong. We do not have an unapportioned direct tax. And the income tax dates back to 1862. And withholdings are not mandatory if you have no liability.

Epic
05-08-2009, 05:56 PM
terrible article. It's people like this that we are fighting.

The article argues that short sellers are bad, government should issue fiat money, and derivatives are bad, that FDR's New Deal was great, Keynesianism saved America etc. The author is a hardcore statist.

Quotes:

"Roosevelt addressed the collapse straightaway, starting impressively in his first 100 days with the passage of 15 landmark acts"

"FDR reversed the trend with new legislation, reviving earlier trust-busting efforts. He also imposed banking regulations as cited above - enough to get him to call financiers "unanimous in their hatred of me, and I welcome their hatred." Lucky for him he survived. Big money plays for keeps, wins more often than it loses, and generally on what matters most."

"Called a "bear raid," it targets vulnerable stocks for "take-down" quick profits or corporate takeovers at fire sale prices. When done on a large scale, short selling can impact markets greatly on the downside just like heavy "program buying" can rocket it up. The whole business amounts to blatant manipulation for quick profits."

"Just imagine - if the government created money and not banks, economic stability would follow, crises could be avoided or greatly lessened, inflation would be minimal or non-existant, prosperous growth would be long-term, and bank loans would be far less risky than today assuring steady profits but in smaller amounts."

Look at that! He wants the government to print money!

Epic
05-08-2009, 05:59 PM
About the author:

"Have since devoted my time and efforts to the progressive causes and organizations I support, all involved in working for a more humane and just world for all people everywhere, but especially for the most needy, disadvantaged and oppressed. My efforts since summer 2005 have included writing on a broad range of vital topics ranging from war and peace; social, economic and political equity for all;"

Yep, hardcore statist. Did anybody actually read the article?

How did this get posted on Freedom's Pheonix??

Danke
05-08-2009, 06:04 PM

I guess I did not read it as closely as you, as my attention was diverted by the glaring mistakes.

heavenlyboy34
05-08-2009, 06:30 PM
About the author:

"Have since devoted my time and efforts to the progressive causes and organizations I support, all involved in working for a more humane and just world for all people everywhere, but especially for the most needy, disadvantaged and oppressed. My efforts since summer 2005 have included writing on a broad range of vital topics ranging from war and peace; social, economic and political equity for all;"

I apparently didn't read it closely enough. (I'm having serious allergy problems today-very bad watery/itchy eyes :() Thnx for catching that for me. ~hugs~

Danke
05-08-2009, 06:35 PM
I apparently didn't read it closely enough. (I'm having serious allergy problems today-very bad watery/itchy eyes :() Thnx for catching that for me. ~hugs~

Have you ever done allergy shots? They really helped me.

heavenlyboy34
05-08-2009, 10:18 PM
Have you ever done allergy shots? They really helped me.

No I haven't. I'm leery of drugs, ya know...I'll keep that in mind when I find myself able to afford it one of these days. :cool: