PDA

View Full Version : USD Index at 78.76 Right Now!

michaelwise
09-20-2007, 02:17 AM
For those of you who don't know what this means, It means that your money is becoming worthless. The Saudie's are not playing ball with the Us Fed rate cut. Look it up.

http://www.dollarcollapse.com/

Electrostatic
09-20-2007, 03:14 AM
Canada has a GOOD chance of passing us this week.. http://www.x-rates.com/d/USD/CAD/graph120.html

akalucas
09-20-2007, 03:35 AM
you guys think if the dollar tanks further that will be an excuse to bring up a system like the amero.

Electrostatic
09-20-2007, 05:13 AM
you guys think if the dollar tanks further that will be an excuse to bring up a system like the amero.

Don't know, but the Canadian Dollar passing us will be a HUGE oppurtunity for the campaign, as most Americans have no clue it is even close...

d991
09-20-2007, 05:44 AM
As a Canadian myself I do not want to see the emergence of some common currency like the Amero. I will be protesting any such idea here in Canada, and hopefully others will do the same.

happyphilter
09-20-2007, 06:30 AM
um, the Canadian dollar has been worth more then the USD for some time now guys. The dollar IS becoming worthless, but the government and consumers continue to spend because of how well this has been hidden from public knowledge.

happyphilter
09-20-2007, 06:33 AM
Actually the CND is barely worth more then the USD

1 canadian dollars = 1.0023 USD

http://www.kitco.com/

dsentell
09-20-2007, 09:32 AM

Yep, I think that is the plan.

Make the dollar worthless and Americans will be demanding something better -- then introduce the wonderful amero.........

Create the problem, offer the solution ........

Dustancostine
09-20-2007, 09:38 AM
At my business in Minot, ND I started taking Canadian Dollars at face value.

Dustancostine
09-20-2007, 09:44 AM
How long will it take for the declining dollar to affect retail prices?

BTW: Gold at $736

cjhowe
09-20-2007, 10:09 AM
um, the Canadian dollar has been worth more then the USD for some time now guys. The dollar IS becoming worthless, but the government and consumers continue to spend because of how well this has been hidden from public knowledge.

Why can't people just be happy with actual doom and gloom? Why do they always have to misrepresent?
http://finance.yahoo.com/charts#chart3:symbol=cadusd=x;range=5y;charttype=l ine;crosshair=on;logscale=on;source=undefined

derdy
09-20-2007, 11:23 AM

It would still has a long way down to go, but I think ultimately yes. The thing is, any new currency will have to absorb the worthless Mexican peso, that means lower standards of living for Canadians and Americans.

derdy
09-20-2007, 11:32 AM
Actually the CND is barely worth more then the USD

1 canadian dollars = 1.0023 USD

http://www.kitco.com/

You're reading it backwards

The column that says x = 1$USD says 1.0022

Meaning 1.0022 CND = 1$USD

RP4ME
09-20-2007, 11:38 AM
Why can't people just be happy with actual doom and gloom? Why do they always have to misrepresent?
http://finance.yahoo.com/charts#chart3:symbol=cadusd=x;range=5y;charttype=l ine;crosshair=on;logscale=on;source=undefined

LMAO

Original_Intent
09-20-2007, 11:44 AM
I had no idea the US dollar and the Canadian dollar were anywhere near close to each other until today. Wake up call.

dsentell
09-20-2007, 11:55 AM
I had no idea the US dollar and the Canadian dollar were anywhere near close to each other until today. Wake up call.

DITTO!!!

What else don't they bother to tell us ........?........?

fluoridatedbrainsoup
09-20-2007, 02:55 PM
I hate that the coin store is closed all weekend. I need a new dealer is what I need.

derdy
09-21-2007, 12:51 AM
go to www.kitco.com and www.kitcosilver.com and look on the right hand side at the spot market prices :eek:

Bradley in DC
09-21-2007, 01:06 AM
go to www.kitco.com and www.kitcosilver.com and look on the right hand side at the spot market prices :eek:

When I was working there, Dr. Paul personally checked the kitco site every day. ;)

derdy
09-21-2007, 01:26 AM
I hate that the coin store is closed all weekend. I need a new dealer is what I need.

go to local.google.com search for this:

coin dealers near wilmington, nc

I got 8 results pretty close to where you live ;)

derdy
09-21-2007, 01:27 AM
When I was working there, Dr. Paul personally checked the kitco site every day. ;)

yeah, it's a daily thing for me. I have a routine where I hit certain websites daily. People always try to tell me about this story "Did you hear about <fill in the blank>," and I'm like, "Yeah, two days ago!"

:cool:

buffalokid777
09-21-2007, 01:31 AM
USD Index 60.0=Total collapse of the dollar...take note and prepare....it's coming in 1-2 years....unless we elect Ron Paul.

Razmear
09-21-2007, 01:51 AM
Just found this currency site:
http://www.dailyfx.com/charts?CMP=SFS-701300000003XARAA2&keyword=01t100

Cool java live charts and stuff. $1 buys you 99.8 Canadian cents at this moment.

eb

katao
09-21-2007, 01:57 AM
USD Index 60.0=Total collapse of the dollar...take note and prepare....it's coming in 1-2 years....unless we elect Ron Paul.

Any ideas on preparing?

buffalokid777
09-21-2007, 02:22 AM
Any ideas on preparing?

Trade dollar savings and stock for gold and silver and currencies of countries you might like to relocate to if the SHTF in the US, obtain a passport if things get too rough here and a relocation is necessary you can go, have some food stores if the food chain breaks down until you can relocate.....I pray it doesn't come down to these measures....but best be ready if it does...........My grandfather was smart enough to leave Germany before the SHTF.....I hope it doesn't happen here.....but I'm getting scared of what's happening in this country just as my grandfather did in Germany so many years ago......

fluoridatedbrainsoup
09-21-2007, 02:29 AM
A good way of preparing for economic collapse is to acquire things of value instead of just fiat. Liquor, cigarettes, silver, gold, gasoline, water, food, etc. are all powerful bartering tools in a post SHTF America.

Here's a really good, short video on what money is, check it out:
Veteran gold and silver trader comments on coming economic collapse and the need to own gold and silver coins in lieu of paper money.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w0LOtWmy_o

fluoridatedbrainsoup
09-21-2007, 02:42 AM
Thanks for the tip, derden. It looks like I'm gonna go to at least 2 new dealers tomorrow. The guy I usually go to won't sell me walking liberties as bullion anymore. Every time I come in he gets progressively more cautious. He'd rather sell me something of numismatic value.

TheDuke
09-21-2007, 08:12 AM

I don't agree, 30 years ago the same thing happened without a secret agenda. The Amero needs a stong economy to base itself on. The Euro wasn't created because the system was collapsing, it took Europe 50 years to do it.

fluoridatedbrainsoup
09-21-2007, 05:02 PM
Alright, went to a different shop, scored a 1944 walker and a full roll of 1964 d mint dimes for.. 37.50!!

This coin store was out of the way, locked but open - place was a mess, full gun racks, coins scattered everywhere. Guy was real cool.

Ozwest
09-21-2007, 05:17 PM
Don't forget 1 handgun and 1 shotgun (bare minimum) with ammo to burn. Long range rifle (with scope) of choice would be a bonus. Defend your assets from Raiders.

lucius
09-21-2007, 05:25 PM
...scored a 1944 walker and a full roll of 1964 d mint dimes for.. 37.50!!...

You did well--great buy! :D

3.978 oz at $9.43/oz with a $13.54 spot

pengieh
09-21-2007, 05:32 PM
Don't forget your .22 rifle for when the zombies come. The other weapons are too large and expensive for ammunition, but a .22 can pierce a zombie skull from 100 yards away. LOTS OF AMMO!!!!!!!!

I don't know about you, but I am going to take over a prison, free/kill the prisoners and stay behind my concrete walls with enough room to grow my food and see zombies from my towers. It would take at least 5,000 zombies to build a pile high enough to breach the walls and by that time they will all be on fire. I can also see the motorcycle gang from over a mile away so I can prepare to set traps or trade with them.

THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED!!!

Ozwest
09-21-2007, 05:59 PM
This is true. I would not be without my .22 rifle and handgun. I was speaking from a protecting your "Castle" perspective.

Ozwest
09-21-2007, 06:04 PM
pengieh. I just read your post again, I would definitely respect your property rights!

fluoridatedbrainsoup
09-21-2007, 06:06 PM
Seems like a few of you have read this:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/1400049628.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Ozwest
09-21-2007, 06:16 PM
I haven't read that guide, but if it advocates drinking urine as you're suggesting on another thread, I'll give it a miss.

Ozwest
09-21-2007, 06:19 PM
My regrets for interrupting this thread. Last post on related subjects.

Eroberer
09-21-2007, 08:48 PM
Guess I got lucky...

Found a gold/silver/other stuff dealer who sells all of his silver and gold for spot. Eagles, Leafs, Krugs, bars are all spot. I bought some eagles today, and am waiting for a 1oz gold coin to make it to him so I can get it. He also does not charge tax on any of it.

RP4ME
09-21-2007, 08:55 PM
I don't agree, 30 years ago the same thing happened without a secret agenda. The Amero needs a stong economy to base itself on. The Euro wasn't created because the system was collapsing, it took Europe 50 years to do it.

Yes but we are more aware of the secret agenda behind the EU so noone here would want to forfeit our soverignty ....they will need a crisis for teh Amero., Crisis - solution....

RP4ME
09-21-2007, 08:57 PM
Don't forget your .22 rifle for when the zombies come. The other weapons are too large and expensive for ammunition, but a .22 can pierce a zombie skull from 100 yards away. LOTS OF AMMO!!!!!!!!

I don't know about you, but I am going to take over a prison, free/kill the prisoners and stay behind my concrete walls with enough room to grow my food and see zombies from my towers. It would take at least 5,000 zombies to build a pile high enough to breach the walls and by that time they will all be on fire. I can also see the motorcycle gang from over a mile away so I can prepare to set traps or trade with them.

THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED!!!
well youve really thought things through

RP4ME
09-21-2007, 09:00 PM
Don't forget 1 handgun and 1 shotgun (bare minimum) with ammo to burn. Long range rifle (with scope) of choice would be a bonus. Defend your assets from Raiders.

well are you gonna wait and see if they may be pregnant women neeeding a piece of bread first? Geesh!

Ozwest
09-21-2007, 09:06 PM
No need to be sarcastic. I'll do with. You do without.

RP4ME
09-21-2007, 09:09 PM
No need to be sarcastic. I'll do with. You do without.

No, Im really asking - no sarcasm.....

Ozwest
09-21-2007, 09:18 PM
Excuse me, I must be one taco short of a combination plate.

pengieh
09-21-2007, 09:26 PM
pengieh. I just read your post again, I would definitely respect your property rights!

I feel that we should team up. It is obvious that with your people killing skills and my zombie killing/planning skills that we should be able to survive any problems that a lawless society will provide.

I also can commandeer oil and gas wells for fuel.

Ozwest
09-21-2007, 09:36 PM
Let's hope it doesn't come to that. Still, there's nothing wrong with being prepared. I also live on the west coast of Australia. Looking out onto the Indian Ocean right now.

RP4ME
09-21-2007, 09:50 PM
Let's hope it doesn't come to that. Still, there's nothing wrong with being prepared. I also live on the west coast of Australia. Looking out onto the Indian Ocean right now.

All you have to do is run into the arms of an aborigini!!! Thell protect you and you can run to the center of Australia and dine on grub worms! Better than being in a city! id sau australia/ new z are ideal splace sto be!

Kregener
09-21-2007, 09:53 PM
WHEN the dollar collapses, it will "come to that".

Heed the man's advice. If you do not already own some arms and ammo, I would get those before even gold and silver!

Then brace yourself...it ain't gonna be pretty.

Ozwest
09-21-2007, 09:55 PM
hehehehehe... Too Right Mate! How much can a Koala Bear?

Electric Church
09-21-2007, 10:03 PM

I't's not all that bad my American friends. Our dollar coin ("the loony") is more valuable than the US paper dollar because it's made out of metal. Plus it's got a nice lookin loon on the front of it.

A loon is an aquatic bird found in many parts of North America about the size of a large duck or small goose.

Now if your dollar drops to the value of our quarter (25 cents) that's not so bad either because our quarters have a wonderful looking moose head on the front of them.

A moose is the largest existing member of the deer family distinguished from the other little deers by the huge antlers of its males.

I hope these facts provide some comfort.

Ozwest
09-21-2007, 10:08 PM
A grub worm is called a witchity grub in Australia and can be eaten pan fried or au-natural'.

fluoridatedbrainsoup
09-21-2007, 10:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w0LOtWmy_o

pengieh
09-22-2007, 03:08 AM
I't's not all that bad my American friends. Our dollar coin ("the loony") is more valuable than the US paper dollar because it's made out of metal. Plus it's got a nice lookin loon on the front of it.

A loon is an aquatic bird found in many parts of North America about the size of a large duck or small goose.

Now if your dollar drops to the value of our quarter (25 cents) that's not so bad either because our quarters have a wonderful looking moose head on the front of them.

A moose is the largest existing member of the deer family distinguished from the other little deers by the huge antlers of its males.

I hope these facts provide some comfort.

Now, THIS is the problem we have. Canadians are mocking our superior Fiat Currency. They have yet to realize that if our currency fails, theirs will and then the zombie menace is upon us.

Don't worry about food when there are 40 million zombies out for your flesh.

Electric Church
09-22-2007, 03:35 AM
Now, THIS is the problem we have. Canadians are mocking our superior Fiat Currency. They have yet to realize that if our currency fails, theirs will and then the zombie menace is upon us.

Don't worry about food when there are 40 million zombies out for your flesh.

What are you talking about? Are are completely void of humor. Can you not see that I'm also putting down our worthless currency as well?

And tell me: What is a "superior Fiat Currency"? This is an oxymoron.