PDA

View Full Version : C4L Running Full Page Ad in Support of HR1207 in the 5/7/09 Washington Times

MRoCkEd
05-06-2009, 07:25 PM
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=17664

In tomorrow's edition of the Washington Times (May 7, 2009), the Campaign for Liberty has taken out a wonderful ad — an open letter urging representatives to cosponsor Ron Paul's Federal Reserve Transparency Act (HR 1207), signed by an unprecedentedly diverse coalition of individuals, activists, political organizations and citizen groups, all of whom join us in demanding that Congress finally shine a light on the secretive Federal Reserve System.

This beautiful open letter will appear most prominently on page A5. Everybody in the Beltway — Representatives, Senators, staffers and opinion makers on the hill — reads the Times, especially when Congress is in session, and so we can expect them all to see this.

Given this wonderful placement and the climate in which we find ourselves, with Paul's bill already enjoying more than 120 cosponsors, this letter, unlike most political open letters, has the real potential to rock DC and make history. Seeing through the Fed is the first step to regaining our monetary freedom and therefore constitutional government, and so this effort is truly a revolutionary one. Thanks to everyone who helped.

It will look particularly impressive in the paper, and I hope to post an image when it comes out. Here it is:

http://www4.print2webcorp.com/news/washingtontimes/main/108774r_2009-05-06%5Cimg%5Ca_1_108774r_2009-05-06.jpg

Jeremy
05-06-2009, 07:28 PM
sweet :eek:

nate895
05-06-2009, 07:28 PM
The Progressive Librarian's Guild? LOLZ

Jeremy
05-06-2009, 07:29 PM
Constitution and Green Parties, but not Libertarian?

nate895
05-06-2009, 07:30 PM
Constitution and Green Parties, but not Libertarian?

Traitors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MRoCkEd
05-06-2009, 07:40 PM
interesting, because the LP has been supporting hr 1207

anyway, that is an impressive coalition

Jeremy
05-06-2009, 07:50 PM
I bet it's the CFL's fault the LP isn't on there then.

Austin
05-06-2009, 08:54 PM
Great. Maybe I'll donate some money to CFL now.

I like action.

AuH2O
05-07-2009, 04:06 AM
Great. Maybe I'll donate some money to CFL now.

I like action.

Really? Print advertising is wholly ineffective and for the most part a giant waste of money. For much greater impact per dollar they can do targeted mail and generate many more calls and petitions that way.

The only value in this is that your whole base (and barely anyone else) sees it and says "Oh, wow, now their really DOING something!" when in fact they are effectively doing less than before at a much higher cost.

If you like action, realize that C4L HAS been doing a lot of it. This just happens to be more visible to you.

Bern
05-07-2009, 04:25 AM
Some excellent groups in that list.

nobody's_hero
05-07-2009, 04:44 AM
Does anyone else ever wonder if the Fed has already started "cooking the books"?

I'm a bit worried that by the time Congress overturns the secrecy laws and starts asking questions, there won't be so much evidence. :(

They should make a stiff penalty for withholding information if they do pass this bill.

bobbyw24
05-07-2009, 05:21 AM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/may/07/gop-seeks-explanation-of-extremism-report/

Same edition as Ad

MRoCkEd
05-07-2009, 05:54 AM
posted the actual ad in op

LittleLightShining
05-07-2009, 05:55 AM
Really? Print advertising is wholly ineffective and for the most part a giant waste of money. For much greater impact per dollar they can do targeted mail and generate many more calls and petitions that way.

The only value in this is that your whole base (and barely anyone else) sees it and says "Oh, wow, now their really DOING something!" when in fact they are effectively doing less than before at a much higher cost.

If you like action, realize that C4L HAS been doing a lot of it. This just happens to be more visible to you.

From what I understand the target is the Congress itself, not necessarily citizens. I'm loving the left organizations on here and I'd really like to see their endorsements. It could help me tremendously here in VT.

AuH2O
05-07-2009, 06:27 AM
From what I understand the target is the Congress itself, not necessarily citizens. I'm loving the left organizations on here and I'd really like to see their endorsements. It could help me tremendously here in VT.

Yes, I agree. But Congress only reacts to actual political force. I don't see how this applies any.

yoshimaroka
05-07-2009, 12:20 PM
Does anyone else ever wonder if the Fed has already started "cooking the books"?

I'm a bit worried that by the time Congress overturns the secrecy laws and starts asking questions, there won't be so much evidence. :(

Of course that will happen.

There'll be many other legal maneuvers and delays as well.

Like Conza88 says, the message needs to be more the simply "End The Fed", because the Federal Reserve is bound to end with a more global system. It needs to include messages about competing and sound currency as well as no central banking system.