PDA

View Full Version : Girl arrested for swearing during 911 call

gls
05-06-2009, 06:45 PM
YouTube - Video WTF 17 Year Old Girl Arrested For Cursing At A 911 Operator To Help Dying Father In Detroit! Are You Going To Swear Again You Stupid Ass Cop S (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdIE0UGU60k&e)

ItsTime
05-06-2009, 06:47 PM
I heard about this the other day. Are these pigs getting dumber? Yes I think so.

Dr.3D
05-06-2009, 06:47 PM
If they are going to start arresting people for 'swearing' they had better make a booklet with all of the forbidden words in it so people know what it is they are not supposed to say.

phill4paul
05-06-2009, 06:49 PM
Can't take it, getting overloaded. . I'll get pissed at it tomorrow.

gls
05-06-2009, 06:50 PM
I heard about this the other day. Are these pigs getting dumber? Yes I think so.

Well, it seems they were both acting immature but he's a law enforcement 'professional' and she's a 17 year old girl who's father is having a seizure.

At least it's a good report. The local news gets it right sometimes.

phill4paul
05-06-2009, 07:08 PM
DAMNIT!!! I got curious and had to watch. WTF!!!!

Next they'll send a car to arrest her under a "bully" Bill for 9-11 operators and "cussing" a government employee!!

$62,000 a year to be a 9-11 operator? Where do I send a resume. I know a bit more about "customer" Serve(and protect)ice.

MRoCkEd
05-06-2009, 07:08 PM
She got arrested for "abusing 911." Wow

ClayTrainor
05-06-2009, 07:09 PM
so, the 2nd ammendment doesn't exist anymore apparently?

edit: 1st ammendment, my bad :p

Original_Intent
05-06-2009, 07:11 PM
so, the 2nd ammendment doesn't exist anymore apparently?

wrong amendment? Or was she supposed to assault the 9-1-1 office with a firearm? :D

Dr.3D
05-06-2009, 07:12 PM
wrong amendment? Or was she supposed to assault the 9-1-1 office with a firearm? :D

LOL, the 2nd is just in case they take away the 1st.

nate895
05-06-2009, 07:26 PM
LOL, the 2nd is just in case they take away the 1st.

Seems that since Leviathan knew that the people would resist the first being taken away a lot faster, they decided to work backwards.

rockandrollsouls
05-06-2009, 07:27 PM
This guy doesn't deserve his job. Does anyone have the number of the police department? I will be calling to ask that he gets fired. It's about time we hold those government employees that abuse their power accountable.

kathy88
05-06-2009, 07:37 PM
If they are going to start arresting people for 'swearing' they had better make a booklet with all of the forbidden words in it so people know what it is they are not supposed to say.

No booklet needed.

YouTube - George Carlin - Seven Dirty Words You Can't Say On Television (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwelMWLBPik)

phill4paul
05-06-2009, 07:43 PM
No booklet needed.

YouTube - George Carlin - Seven Dirty Words You Can't Say On Television (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwelMWLBPik)

Luv, it! Been awhile thanks!:)

Edit: I'm looking at my phone statement to see if it is in the small print.

Dr.3D
05-06-2009, 07:46 PM
No booklet needed.
~snip

Thanks, that was quite informative. :D

nobody's_hero
05-06-2009, 07:55 PM
What I find most rediculous is that this actually resulted an arrest.

A decade ago, this would have merely ended with an officer showing up to write a misdemeanor citation, which would probably have been challenged in front of the judge and dropped.

The power to arrest is being abused more and more often, it seems.

"Busted tail-light? Throw him in the slammer."
"Swearing at a 9-1-1 operator? Death penalty."

It is as if they've never heard of "cruel and unusual" punishment.

phill4paul
05-06-2009, 08:03 PM

A decade ago, this would have merely ended with an officer showing up to write a misdemeanor citation, which would probably have been challenged in front of the judge and dropped.

Straight up! It is like this Ashton Lundeby issue.
A friend had her kid get called in for a bomb threat when he was a kid. This was in the '90s and they had the 9-11. Local sheriff came out, excoriated him and things worked out fine. He went into the army. Iraq vet. Engineering student currently with a job, a wife and an amazing little boy.
I wonder if Ashton will ever have that chance?

angelatc
05-06-2009, 08:24 PM
It seems to have happened with 9-11. They changed into absolute asses after that.

rockandrollsouls
05-06-2009, 08:31 PM

The girl didn't even do anything wrong why would it hve even resulted in a misdemeanor citation. Her father was on the floor convulsing. Absolutely ridiculous.

Reason
05-06-2009, 08:51 PM
what

the

fuck

Srg1
05-06-2009, 09:19 PM
She is obviously a terrorist she should be jailed without trial.

LibertyEagle
05-06-2009, 09:24 PM
:eek:

That SONOFABITCH needs to be fired!!! :mad: I CANNOT believe he hung up on her.

phill4paul
05-06-2009, 09:35 PM
:eek:

That SONOFABITCH needs to be fired!!! :mad: I CANNOT believe he hung up on her.

Ya know when I was in the military they had something called "dereliction of duty". This was a court-marshal offense.
If these public servants are government as the military is government shouldn't they be held to the same standards?
Not just fired, hard labor.
But, there you have it folks. That's what you get for believing in the system. :mad:

Goldhunter27
05-06-2009, 09:56 PM
Video: WTF: 17 Year Old Girl Arrested For Cursing At A 911 Operator To Help Dying Father In Detroit! "Are You Going To Swear Again? You Stupid Ass" (Cop Still Had Is Job) (http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhC1zLXQgOTR3ydjZ5&advanced=16711680)

7 News reports "17 yr old Adrainne Ledesma calls 9-1-1 after her father had a stroke. She swore before the operator picked up the phone then the operator started to lecture her on swearing and hung up on here, She called back and the operator then called Adrainne a "stupid ass" and a buffoon. Eventually Adrainne had to walk to the police station to get help, instead she was arrested on charges that do not exist "abusing 9-1-1" "

steve005
05-06-2009, 09:59 PM
I'm sorry but that made my blood boil, He's lucky it wasn't me calling 911.

jbrace
05-06-2009, 10:01 PM
I'm sorry but that made my blood boil, He's lucky it wasn't me calling 911.

I hear that one, his ass woulda been grass haha

satchelmcqueen
05-06-2009, 10:32 PM
my wife used to work 911 and you can be arrested for abusing 911. this usually means non emergency calls over and over again or cursing out the operator for no reason other than being an ass, but just cussing at random from being in an emergency situation isnt a big deal and is expected. everyone cusses and acts weird in bad situations. this girls obviously didnt do any of these things here. the 911 operator should have not hung up on her. this guy should not be dispatching.

phill4paul
05-06-2009, 10:43 PM
Adrainne Ledesma, Ashton Lundeby...hmmm A.L. What does it mean? Nothing is coincidence. A.L...artificial life? Anti-Liberty?....Anti-defamation League? Naw ,must just be a coincidence. Sad none the less.

Don't Tread on Mike
05-06-2009, 10:47 PM
Oh wow, you can't even call 911 anymore. I would be going nuts if I were getting cuffed in that girls situation. Thank god they are suing.

Dreamofunity
05-06-2009, 11:21 PM
What a fucking douche bag.

Jdayh
05-07-2009, 03:47 AM
YouTube - Video WTF 17 Year Old Girl Arrested For Cursing At A 911 Operator To Help Dying Father In Detroit! Are You Going To Swear Again You Stupid Ass Cop S (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdIE0UGU60k&e)

digg this now!!
http://digg.com/people/17_Year_Old_Girl_Arrested_for_Swearing_During_911_ Call

THIS IS SO NUTS!!
**WARNING-- IF IN NEED OF EMERGENCY HELP...CALL THE HOSPITAL DIRECTLY... (if criminal help is needed go for your gun)

If you find this as shocking as it is .. Then call/contact the station and DEMAND THAT THIS COP GETS FIRED!! HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO BE A COP AT ALL!!

send and email..call ..but TAKE ACTION...
CONTACT INFO--

Chief of Police
Thomas Karnes
Email: tkarnes@citylp.com

Main 24 Hour Number
(313) 381-1800
1427 Cleophus
Lincoln Park, MI 48146

Contact Information for Shift Supervisors
Direct phone line while on duty
313-381-1800 ext: 222

nobody's_hero
05-07-2009, 04:36 AM
The girl didn't even do anything wrong why would it hve even resulted in a misdemeanor citation. Her father was on the floor convulsing. Absolutely ridiculous.

I know she didn't do anything wrong. I'm just saying that the arrest power gets used way too much.

At worst, a decade ago, that's probably what would have happened. A citation, if that, which undoubtedly would have been thrown out by a judge as a check on the power of the executive (enforcement) branch of government. But today, they'll try to arrest you for picking your nose in public.

Bern
05-07-2009, 05:17 AM
One thing I don't quite understand about this video. The 911 recording of the call apparently started when she picked up the phone and started dialing? The 911 dispatcher was able to hear her cursing (freaking out) before the call was connected? How can he hear her before the call is connected?

Roxi
05-07-2009, 02:42 PM
One thing I don't quite understand about this video. The 911 recording of the call apparently started when she picked up the phone and started dialing? The 911 dispatcher was able to hear her cursing (freaking out) before the call was connected? How can he hear her before the call is connected?

it appeared that she said "what the f***" and he picked up right as she said the f word, so that was all he heard.

this is such crap, 2 weeks suspension? so what does it take someone losing their life to get a more serious action out of this PD? not only that BUT HE LIED to both the ED and the department afterwards, he should get fired for that alone.

disgusting

asimplegirl
05-07-2009, 03:00 PM
I emailed the Chief of Police. Hope it is read. I told him that after denying an ambulance, never asking the emergency, and hanging up on a citizen in an emergency is enough to get fired over no matter his history...that MANY people with a good history commit crimes and get punished every day, and that HIS actions of not firing the officer was showing the rest of America that we shouldn't visit his town, in fear that if we need help we will be denied, as his actions show he condones these actions.